Non-consensual sex, does it apply to non-human?

I think the reason that people use creatures like dragons, unicorns, centaurs etc. is because they definitely have an intelligence and understanding that real animals don't. A unicorn to you and I might be a horse with a horn on its head, but most literature paints them as very sentient creatures, and thus, it's difficult to put them in the category of bestiality, where an animal has little or no understanding of what's happening.

Literature is at best 50/50 on unicorns and pegasai as opposed to dragons which are more often than not sentient. And lots of other fantasy critters are just bigger or meaner, maybe a little more intelligent but chimps can't consent either and they are damn clever.

In many cases the differences aren't even that great. While it depends on the writer to some degree Wargs are generally portrayed as simply giant wolves. (Though the Lord of the Rings movies decided to go with hyenas and maybe the books did, it's been a while and I don't recall THAT detail.)

If you are curious, the Tolkien Wargs were more wolf and actually talk. As in, they form sentences and could speak with a Hobbit if they wanted to. Something they removed from the movies. They did the same to Shelob, and almost the other spiders in The Hobbit, but at least had Bilbo understand their speech when he put the ring on, which was better than nothing. Definitely fantasy, definitely sentient.

I remember Shelob talking, didn't remember the Wargs talking but like I said it's been a while since I read those.

My story is almost finished. I was able to go about it in an acceptable way, I think.
For a brief moment moment, it starts out like non-consent, but then it becomes fun.
I should be able to get it submitted pretty soon.

Update: Story is finished. Spent 4 hours finishing it up. Just need to proof read.

Any recommendations on an editor?

Last edited:
Back