New poetry publications have stalled.

PBAnnie

Really Experienced
Did I miss an administrative announcement? It appears as if there have been no new poetry publications since July 28, and there was only one published that day. Are the editors/reviewers on holiday? Did that part of the site database get messed up?

Just wondering... I've got two in the pending queue and am reluctant to submit any more for the time being.

...also I'm trying to increase my post count without being too obnoxious about it.

I submitted 3 in mid-July. Two were eventually published but one remains in pending limbo..

Good luck

I submitted 3 in mid-July. Two were eventually published but one remains in pending limbo..

Out of curiosity, did you edit the one that's in limbo after submitting it? I have a vague memory of someone else posting something about one of their submissions getting stuck after they edited it. For reference, both of my pending submissions were edited after submitting.

Of course that still doesn't answer the question about why there are no new publications when they were publishing 5 - 10 new ones every day before July 27. :confused:

My guess for this time of the year: a well deserved vacation for the site owners. Artworks are in pending for many days as well.

My guess for this time of the year: a well deserved vacation for the site owners. Artworks are in pending for many days as well.

This is my guess too. Publications can slow down in late summer and around the winter holidays: times when people take vacations or are otherwise busy. None of us here know for sure, the discussion boards being separated from the publication end of Lit, but it has slowed down this time of year in the past.

Did I miss an administrative announcement? It appears as if there have been no new poetry publications since July 28, and there was only one published that day. Are the editors/reviewers on holiday? Did that part of the site database get messed up?

Just wondering... I've got two in the pending queue and am reluctant to submit any more for the time being.
You could share them here while we wait?

I considered that, but I was under the impression that we weren't supposed to post the same work on the main site and on the forum.

Err, um, well, I never saw that ru...gui...theory written down anywhere, whic, of course, would be the first I'd happily break.

Err, um, well, I never saw that ru...gui...theory written down anywhere, whic, of course, would be the first I'd happily break.

From the Sticky: Please Read This First...

You can share your poem(s) by starting an appropriately titled thread (e.g., "My Poem(s)" or the actual title). Make sure to specify prominently whether or not you want comments about the poem(s) you're posting. If you just want others to read your poem then state in the thread that you don't want feedback. If you also submit a poem to Literotica, putting it in a thread here too, just to be read, is unneeded.

I must have misread it. It appears to state merely that cross-posting in the main site and on the forum is "unneeded," not "a bannable offense." Very well, I'll post one of the two as a teaser... ;)

My audio stories are being published within 7-8 days. Illustrated poems and audio poems always take interminably long but nowadays the ordinary new poems too seem to have clogged up in pipeline for reasons unknown as have erotic artworks/ adult comics.

I considered that, but I was under the impression that we weren't supposed to post the same work on the main site and on the forum.

I too am unaware of that rule and a number of people here will post works first here and then in the poetry section.

And yes my poem in editorial limbo was edited in part because I resubmitted it in rich.txt to preserve the centring of the text required by the form.

I too am unaware of that rule and a number of people here will post works first here and then in the poetry section.

And yes my poem in editorial limbo was edited in part because I resubmitted it in rich.txt to preserve the centring of the text required by the form.

Sounds like back when the forum was more active, and people more likely to give opinions, editing suggestions, and such, they were thnking that if you just wanted to get your poem read with no input, it was probably better that it just go straight to submissions.

These days, with less activity, posting something here just to be read is certainly not an issue, if ever really was. I'm not sure I've ever submitted something that wasn't posted to the forums first.

Just noticed there are a bunch of New Poems today, though I didn't see any by the OP. I would assume Laurel is working through a backlog of poems.

I have to say, I don't like the way the New Poems are split up into genres. I preferred the previous format, it made commenting much simpler.

Just noticed there are a bunch of New Poems today, though I didn't see any by the OP. I would assume Laurel is working through a backlog of poems.

There was another poetry dump today 2021-08-12. One of my pending erotic poems was published; it was last edited and submitted on July 28. I have two more pending that were each updated and resubmitted more recently.

If you're looking for poetry that will melt your heart with passion, you'll probably be disappointed with this one, but if you like a light-hearted look at a sex-related subject written in iambic tetrameter then you may enjoy this.

https://www.literotica.com/p/the-********-hotline

It seems the poetry is currently being released less frequently than before, and I'm ok with that. It's just nice to know what to expect when submitting new work.

Not only new poems but Adult comics/Erotic art have also slowed down to a trickle but my Audio stories( am Happy2Report) get uploaded almost in a jiffy!!!

Today 2 Of My Poems And 3 Adult Comics Were Published After A Long Wait

Hi folks. It's your friendly neighborhood moderator here. I'm going to move this thread to the Hangout in order to keep the focus on the main board on posting and discussing poems. Anything else, whether it's related to publishing at Lit, voting, etc., as well as more lighthearted discussion should be in the Hangout. I know we can't follow that perfectly, but we try! And I'm not trying to be a party pooper: please feel free to keep this thread going. :rose:

<Goes back to sweeping up and refilling the condom bowls and lube dispensers>

Last edited:
Hi folks. It's your friendly neighborhood moderator here. I'm going to move this thread to the Hangout in order to keep the focus on the main board on posting and discussing poems. Anything else, whether it's related to publishing at Lit, voting, etc., as well as more lighthearted discussion should be in the Hangout. I know we can't follow that perfectly, but we try! And I'm not trying to be a party pooper: please feel free to keep this thread going. :rose:

<Goes back to sweeping up and refilling the condom bowls and lube dispensers>

Thank you for cleaning up our messes. Your hard works makes it a better place for all of us, and I'm sure there are others who appreciate it as much as I.

I noticed that the publications in the Erotic Poetry category have become more steady again. My last two pending items are scheduled to go live tomorrow. I hope all y'all will enjoy reading them at least half as much as I enjoyed writing them.

Those were lube dispensers? I thought that was hand sanitizer.

Thank you for cleaning up our messes. Your hard works makes it a better place for all of us, and I'm sure there are others who appreciate it as much as I.

I noticed that the publications in the Erotic Poetry category have become more steady again. My last two pending items are scheduled to go live tomorrow. I hope all y'all will enjoy reading them at least half as much as I enjoyed writing them.

Those were lube dispensers? I thought that was hand sanitizer.

Thank you and nice to meet you. :)

Publication approvals always slow down this time of year. I figure people who check submissions (and I think that's mainly our fearless leader, Laurel) are on vacation. Stuff gets backed up. If something of yours goes missing but other submissions in the same category are being published, you can always pm Laurel and ask her to check your poem. She's very helpful with that. Submissions do get lost sometimes.

And yeah we got it all here: lube, condoms, hand sanitizer, rhyme dictionaries, a paddle in case Ashesh gets out of hand. :D :heart:

Thank you and nice to meet you. :)

Publication approvals always slow down this time of year. I figure people who check submissions (and I think that's mainly our fearless leader, Laurel) are on vacation. Stuff gets backed up. If something of yours goes missing but other submissions in the same category are being published, you can always pm Laurel and ask her to check your poem. She's very helpful with that. Submissions do get lost sometimes.

And yeah we got it all here: lube, condoms, hand sanitizer, rhyme dictionaries, a paddle in case Ashesh gets out of hand. :D :heart:
He gets a reward for being bad?

He gets a reward for being bad?
Don't be Jay, Bro....ouch Mistress, plz may slaveboy get 'nother!!
Jokes apart my last clogged up erotic poem is jus' gonna be published on NP.
Now only a bunch of audio poems remain clogged up in Lit pipeline. And a cluster of Adult Comics artworks!!!

Ashesh out of hand vs. Ashesh in hand. I'm not sure which of those two shows would be more entertaining.

My poem finally emerged from Limbo after an extensive edit to confirm to Shoe Laces form. I also changed title from "First Time" to"First and used "eighteen" in the first line to avoid any ambiguity with respect to subjects age. I suspect the last one was the ticket out of Limbo.

Back