New Milestones Thread

It's actually Washington's Birthday, a commemoration of the first president of the United States. Some drooler said "Hey! There's other presidents!" and they changed the name of the holiday to remove any meaning or historical acumen
History Nerd Alert: We used to have a holiday for Lincoln's birthday as well... both in February. When they decided to add another Federal holiday (MLK Day?), the powers that be decided that that would be too many holidays for working folks, so they forced poor Lincoln to piggyback his birthday party with George's.

History Nerd Alert: We used to have a holiday for Lincoln's birthday as well... both in February. When they decided to add another Federal holiday (MLK Day?), the powers that be decided that that would be too many holidays for working folks, so they forced poor Lincoln to piggyback his birthday party with George's.
George and Lincoln got strapped together long before MLK day, I remember the nuns telling us how horrid it was, both George and Abe were individually great and to pile them together would diminish their contributions to society. It was just a watering down of history as a subject.

I hate it when the nuns were proved to be right.

George and Lincoln got strapped together long before MLK day, I remember the nuns telling us how horrid it was, both George and Abe were individually great and to pile them together would diminish their contributions to society. It was just a watering down of history as a subject.

I hate it when the nuns were proved to be right.
I thought MLK Day came later, but I can't remember what other holiday came in during my lifetime.
Cough.
I mean before my lifetime. I'm only 29. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I thought MLK Day came later, but I can't remember what other holiday came in during my lifetime.
Cough.
I mean before my lifetime. I'm only 29. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day was signed into law by President Ronald Reagan on November 2, 1983, so yeah, that would be WELL before your time.
I spent the first MLK day loading nuclear bombs in sub zero temperatures

Just topped 750,000 views. Pretty unimpressive compared to some, but so far in excess of anything I could have imagined when I started out.

Thanks to all the readers who’ve put up with me slowly and falteringly improving my erratic and often idiosyncratic style in public.

Thanks to the people who have supported me directly as well 😊. There have been lots, too many to mention them all, but top of the list is my good friend @Djmac1031 - thanks, hun!

Emily

Just topped 750,000 views. Pretty unimpressive compared to some, but so far in excess of anything I could have imagined when I started out.

Thanks to all the readers who’ve put up with me slowly and falteringly improving my erratic and often idiosyncratic style in public.

Thanks to the people who have supported me directly as well 😊. There have been lots, too many to mention them all, but top of the list is my good friend @Djmac1031 - thanks, hun!

Emily
I'm literally halfway behind you at 387,000

With 308 stories, adding things up is hard and time consuming. Today I downloaded the Lit file from my authors page. It has been a while since I worked with Excel I finally use subtotals to get some number. Are they right? Hell if I know but the number of views shocked me if it is right. 23 million views. 195 thousand votes. Those number sound unreal.

Last edited:
With 308 stories, adding things up is hard and time consuming. Today I downloaded the Lit file from my authors page. It has been a while since I worked with Excel I finally use subtotals to get some number. Are they right? Hell if I know but the number of views shocked me if it is right. 23 million views. 195 thousand votes. Those number sound unreal.

Impressive!

Are they right? Hell if I know but the number of views shocked me if it is right. 23 million views. 195 thousand votes. Those number sound unreal.
If we only received a penny a view, you’d have $230k. I wouldn’t be too upset with my $40k haha…

I just had a reader favorite 14 of my stories at once. I realize he's just added them to his reading list, but he must have liked something. 😁 It's a good feeling.

Got a follow from someone who registered on lit early 2022. No faved stories, no other follows in 2 years. That little moment where you feel that we have found our people.
I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. Mine was from 2017 (sorry not trying to be a topper…lol). It almost makes me wonder if they hit the follow button on accident…

Back