Needing advice

Alwayshope

Lesbian
I'm a 53f looking for fwb. I "met" someone online who is interested. The problem is she's 18.
If she consents, are there legal ramifications? Her body is a big turn on for me and she's adventurous.

If she's 18, as far as I know that's the highest legal age of consent in any State in the USA, so I can't see it being a problem as long as it's consensual. As for other countries, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I looked this up. Can't prove it's accurate but it seems pretty legit — use it at your own descretion.

" The legal age is also known as the age of legal majority. This is the age at which a person gains the legal status of an adult. The legal age is set by state law and can differ from state to state. However, almost all states set the base legal age as 18 years old."

Forgetting the legal ramifications (which I don't believe there would be any), I'd consider some other pitfalls.

A few of them are at that age, she's not mentally matured yet, is quite possibly still in high school, and more than likely living with her parent(s). What if her parents found out and took steps to stop it, legally, publicly or otherwise? Put yourself in their position and see how they might very well view things. What if she becomes attached emotionally and melts down when it ends? What if she blackmails you and exposes things to your family, friends, employer?

Not to be a wet blanket here and I know this is Lit where most all things are greenlit, but the real world is different and I'd just advise to tread lightly. Right or wrong, most folks are going to feel a serious ick factor about a woman in her 50s being with an 18-year-old. Think if it was a man of that age with the same girl and what the reaction would be.

My thoughts are not anything against you personally or a reflection upon you, but merely things to consider before moving forward. Either way, best of luck.

Last edited:
Be sure you meet her IRL and confirm she is who she claims to be. In my experience when they claim to be that young, it’s often a game to draw in the unwary.

I like to say "42.5% of all stats are made up anyway" but I'm guessing that about 1% or fewer of all people claiming to be 18f on the internet are actually 18f.

Serious question: Being 18, how much life experience has she really had? What is her emotional maturity level looking like? What are her goals and expectations when talking to you? What's she getting out of it?

Be careful, be safe, and make sure someone knows where you're going when you go. Otherwise, there's no legal issue.

Check her ID well. Make sure it's not a phony. I'm sure there's a website to tell you what to look for.

1. If you "met" her online... you didn't meet her.
2. If she says she's "18" online... she isn't 18.
3. If she's sent you a pic of "her" body online... it isn't her pic.
3. If she says she's "female" online... she isn't female....

Getting the picture yet?

Think 60 yr old, stubble-chinned dude with beer-stained top, being shouted to from downstairs by wife who's wondering when he's going to come down from that damn computer and fix that shelf, like he promised six months ago. You won't go too far wrong. Isn't being online wonderful?

Sometimes people are real on the internet.
Then again I met a olderman in a sexless marriage looking for some setting. I text to get to know him.
I think he was more like 15 taking a break from his homework, trying to sound like a grown up to attract a milf.
He messed up and told me he would die if his dad walked in on him. Or something... huh?

Then again I met a olderman in a sexless marriage looking for some setting. I text to get to know him.
I think he was more like 15 taking a break from his homework, trying to sound like a grown up to attract a milf.
He messed up and told me he would die if his dad walked in on him. Or something... huh?
Wow! Never thought anybody would need to impersonate an older men in a sexless marriage. But I guess at 15 they would have to impersonate somebody to even be here.

1. If you "met" her online... you didn't meet her.
2. If she says she's "18" online... she isn't 18.
3. If she's sent you a pic of "her" body online... it isn't her pic.
3. If she says she's "female" online... she isn't female....

Getting the picture yet?

Think 60 yr old, stubble-chinned dude with beer-stained top, being shouted to from downstairs by wife who's wondering when he's going to come down from that damn computer and fix that shelf, like he promised six months ago. You won't go too far wrong. Isn't being online wonderful?
While I largely agree with the sentiment of your post, there are women online.

If your second tip 3 is specifically about the word “female” rather than implying there are no women online, the vast majority would say they are “women” rather than “female,” but some relatively recent heated arguments in The Playground prove that some women will still use “female” as an adjective to describe themselves.

Can you please PM this person’s username?

Back