Need help with AAVE / Ebonics dialogue

Hello, I am writing a story featuring AAVE dialogue, but I do not speak AAVE. I have looked up resources on AAVE grammar and tried to do it right but I really want a native AAVE speaker to look it over and correct any grammatical mistakes, as well as tell me if I've messed up on more nuanced things like vocabulary choice, code-switching, etc. And of course, comments to improve the story in any other way are also welcome.

The story is about futa-on-female sex slavery, so it's got nonconsent and BDSM, but it's not as miserable or dark as some other literature in this genre.

The draft is 6,000 words, though after I publish it I intend to continue with a few more chapters to make a little series, as long as reader feedback is good.

Thank you

Turn on Private Messages.

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

PMs will only get you a bunch of spam and unpleasantries. Best to keep most of the discussion out in the open and not share personal details or contact information.

I have no idea what 'AAVE' is though.

"female sex slavery, so it's got nonconsent"

Also keep in mind that 'non-consent' here really isn't. All parties need to express some level of enjoyment and approval if you want the story to be published.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice.

AAVE = African-American Vernacular English.

Also keep in mind that 'non-consent' here really isn't. All parties need to express some level of enjoyment and approval if you want the story to be published.

Yes, subby gets some enjoyment, it's not a story about cruelty.

Back