The Rescuer - Longterm Pre-Reader help sought

Sextified

Really Experienced
I currently am getting very good help and support in recrafting the series I first started in 2007.

But the time has come to add at least one more voice to the creative process.

< < < < > > > >

'The Rescuer' is a series of complex erotic novels written in a true 'world building' style.

It follows the journeys of three people who are struggling to hold their adult lives together, after a tragic event that crippled them as children. Each of the main characters have their own approach to dealing with their past, but separately and all alone, they are making a real mess of things.

As new people enter into their lives, the three adults all begin to realize just how damaged they still are. Without reaching back to one another, and finally facing up to their fears, all of their new relationships are doomed.

The two women are determined to use the man who rescued them, that horrible night so long ago, one more time.
Regardless of the cost to the life he has spent the last decade rebuilding.
Or the horrific damage it will certainly cause to the sensitive woman he now loves.

< < < < > > > >

I am not looking for editing help at this time. Just one more, maybe two, insightful readers that are willing to comment on the story as it progresses.

In a few weeks, I will be going thru the initial chapters again, and polishing them up a little. Adding more connecting bits foreshadowing events, cleaning up the dialogue, fixing a few word choices, etc.

Then basically, we will read the first chapter together, at the same time. If we are a good fit, more PDFs will follow. Emails about the chapter will get sent back and forth, and I will consider the comments, and make minor changes to the text. As long as the review process doesn't interfere with new pages getting typed on the screen, it will continue.

The process will get stopped and restarted, many times, so please be aware of that in advance.

Generally, I allow one week from the time the PDF has been sent out before I expect any feedback. The word count will vary greatly, since I will try and find logical break points, and not go by length. Currently I have about 275 pages of the new rewrite finished.

This only works if it is a relaxed and collaborative process, that benefits both parties.

< < < < > > > >

'The Rescuer' covers just about every single category of sex allowed.

Whatever the dozens and dozens of characters eventually want to get into, it will be showing up. As the story moves forward, the Actors choose what sex they want to have, not me. Besides straight and rather kinky action, there is lots of fetishism, bondage, and control play. Lesbianism and Gay sex do occur, but MOST of the characters are not offended by bisexualism. They are at least willing to learn more about it, if not actually anxious to try it out themselves.

The story is written with care and thought towards those readers who might want to skip over some sex acts. Especially if they make them personally uncomfortable. The plot always keeps key events outside of the sex scenes, or at least recaps them afterwards, letting the readers 'fast forward' safely past the bits they might find a bit 'icky'.

There is NO incest, underage sex, bestiality or true rape covered. Yes, awful things DID happen in the past, but they are never explicitly or gratuitously covered.

The story is about the three main characters, slowly coming to terms with what happened to them, not the actual tragedy itself.

< < < < > > > >

As I said, this is a longterm process, and finding the right fit between author and pre-reader is a MUST.

If you are also an author, I do occasionally read and help others with their work. If you are a very persnickety editor, I will probably drive you to exasperation! The style of the series is, shall we say, deliberately unique in the extreme. But it is consistent, follows its own rules and rhythms, and part of the pre-readers job is to hold me to task about that! If you are just an accomplished reader, and don't mind a real challenge, this might be for you. But if you detest POV changes, flashbacks, foreshadowing, and long waits for secrets to be revealed? Or need constant hand holding from your authors? I would definitely pass on this chance.

The only true requirement is that you have an open mind and like long form erotica. The Story is the thing here. World building is a difficult thing to try and even be passable at, much less master. This new novel is about creating real and vibrant characters, full of flaws and energy, and turning them loose upon the greatly expanded stage I have set for them this time.

< < < < > > > >

This is not a book club. All comments made by all parties MUST be kept private. There will be no group emails. No contact info will be released. The PDFs of the rough draft MUST NOT be shared, posted, distributed or discussed with anyone else. The Editor will not know your identity. They will know of your concerns and help me address them, or not, as the needs of the story demands. If after a few PDFs you want to stop participating, for any reason, I will be okay with that. I would just like to be given the same courtesy in return.

Please DO NOT read the existing six chapters still on Lit, because they contain HUGE spoilers for the series. Most of the other three novels are still online, at another popular and well known website, but have been put in their 'Paid Archive' section by THEM, not me.

I would've much rather had all that work open to the public the last decade.

If you are interested in getting a 'behind the scenes' look at an entire world being (re)made, please send me a PM thru this website. I will gladly answer you back thru that method, and give you as much additional info as you need!

Please do not reply directly to this thread.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me on the forums the last few months!
It has really helped keep me going and improved the writing!

Sextified

Last edited:
I am apologizing in advance for the bump up of this message.

In about a week, I will start going thru the most current pages of my latest novel. I am still looking for ONE more Pre-Reader to join in that process with me. I will be ready to send out a Test PDF of the opening chapter a week later.

Please read the above message, and if you are interested, contact me thru the Forum's PM service. No pressure. I'm just offering to add one more person to the process of helping to refine a truly unique story.

Thanks for everyone's patience!

Last edited:
Back