Naoko's news, views and shoes thread

Ahhhh ... it's like a breath of fresh air when Naoko is back in proper form. :kiss:

Thank you for your confidence, but a rating of 3.22 suggests that I'm probably not the best teacher. :eek:

Probably the subject matter. I recently found that the subject is often the key to high scores. I put up "Creative Copulation" and it was 3.4 for a few days and then POW, it shifted all the way to 4.7! It went down a bit but is at 4.57 after 14 votes.

I didn't think it would score well, but it surprised me. It isn't that well written but Hey, I'll take it.:D

Wonderful to see you here, Naoko...and the Loki story? a bit biographical of our Duchess, perhaps?

Hullo dahlink! I have snuck back in to blow you a special kiss.
:kiss::rose:

You know that the Black Widow is more my style <snerk> than a female Loki. The story I've reviewed is a lovely dominatrix story, Text With Audio, and most professionally done too, a real treat. Put your headphones on and be prepared to have pleasure forced on you! Yes yes! you know you deserve it ;)

You know that the Black Widow is more my style <snerk> than a female Loki. The story I've reviewed is a lovely dominatrix story, Text With Audio, and most professionally done too, a real treat. Put your headphones on and be prepared to have pleasure forced on you! Yes yes! you know you deserve it ;)

As you wish, Mistress Naoko. :rose:

As long as you don't need banana-coloured boots. . .

Guys, thank you so much for all the links! which I will work my way carefully through.

I am just popping back to post some tea for Shea and me. Yes, yes, you can all come along too.
:rose::kiss:

attachment.php

Now that I get a day off piglet management per week, I sometimes go into town to do shopping and have light refreshments. I like this bar as it’s so expensive I don’t expect to be chatted up in it. When I saw they were doing afternoon tea, I had to give it a go!

I ought really to have booked, they were a bit: “Hmmm, madam,” when I just showed up off the street and asked for the afternoon tea. I don’t think that many people go for the afternoon tea, so they said I must have it in the bar. That was fine by me as there are comfortable benches to lounge in there.

That is a Mercier champagne. When I saw they had an Oolong tea, I simply had to have it! Oggbashan will remember ‘a cup of the finest Oolong’ from Georgette Heyer novels. This one was even more irresistible as it was called Iron Goddess of Mercy. (I've met one or two of those in my perusings on Literotica.)

Because they wanted to show off, they brought me the tea without any milk or sugar but I know better than to ask for milk with ‘the finest Oolong’ so I was just like, “thank you, dahlink.” It was truly delicious and a beautiful translucent golden-red in colour.

There were finger sandwiches (including a crustless cucumber sandwich of course!) and a scone (a bit bread-y; if they baked that on the premises I will eat the chef’s hat) and a Welsh cake – which was a nice touch. I ate the Welsh cake with jam and had the scone with jam and cream. I do think the French macaroon might have come from the Marks and Spencer’s across the road, however it was really delicious so who cares. That little cone thing was jolly nice. However the pièce de resistance was the little square of chocolate something-ti-something. It may have had cornflakes as an early bottom layer, there was something vaguely crunchy. Mostly, though, it was thick rich dark chocolate which clung to my lips and when I wiped them on the napkin, left a brown kiss.
:kiss:

Then I had a floral martini and caught the bus home with my shopping.

I did have a nice relaxing hour there, nibbling my sandwiches and little cakes - aahhhh!
:cathappy:

Attachments

• Afternoon tea with the Duchess.jpg
    Afternoon tea with the Duchess.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 66
Guys, thank you so much for all the links! which I will work my way carefully through.

I am just popping back to post some tea for Shea and me. Yes, yes, you can all come along too.
:rose::kiss:

attachment.php

Now that I get a day off piglet management per week, I sometimes go into town to do shopping and have light refreshments. I like this bar as it’s so expensive I don’t expect to be chatted up in it. When I saw they were doing afternoon tea, I had to give it a go!

I ought really to have booked, they were a bit: “Hmmm, madam,” when I just showed up off the street and asked for the afternoon tea. I don’t think that many people go for the afternoon tea, so they said I must have it in the bar. That was fine by me as there are comfortable benches to lounge in there.

That is a Mercier champagne. When I saw they had an Oolong tea, I simply had to have it! Oggbashan will remember ‘a cup of the finest Oolong’ from Georgette Heyer novels. This one was even more irresistible as it was called Iron Goddess of Mercy. (I've met one or two of those in my perusings on Literotica.)

Because they wanted to show off, they brought me the tea without any milk or sugar but I know better than to ask for milk with ‘the finest Oolong’ so I was just like, “thank you, dahlink.” It was truly delicious and a beautiful translucent golden-red in colour.

There were finger sandwiches (including a crustless cucumber sandwich of course!) and a scone (a bit bread-y; if they baked that on the premises I will eat the chef’s hat) and a Welsh cake – which was a nice touch. I ate the Welsh cake with jam and had the scone with jam and cream. I do think the French macaroon might have come from the Marks and Spencer’s across the road, however it was really delicious so who cares. That little cone thing was jolly nice. However the pièce de resistance was the little square of chocolate something-ti-something. It may have had cornflakes as an early bottom layer, there was something vaguely crunchy. Mostly, though, it was thick rich dark chocolate which clung to my lips and when I wiped them on the napkin, left a brown kiss.
:kiss:

Then I had a floral martini and caught the bus home with my shopping.

I did have a nice relaxing hour there, nibbling my sandwiches and little cakes - aahhhh!
:cathappy:

Oh! That looks lovely!

Yesterday we went to a local historic garden and house.

http://www.quexpark.co.uk/

Previous owners have been avid collectors of a whole range of items, mainly African but also some from other continents.

They had some genuine 18th Century Japanese tea ceremony articles - the heater, the teapots, the tea bowls. They were all exquisite.

Next to them was a case with a selection of their collection of Netsuke, genuine antique Netsuke, not the Hong Kong made Japanese Jet-Ski listed in my local auction. I spent too long peering at them to see the delicate detail, so long that we missed going from the Museum into the house.

Never mind. The house isn't that far away. We can go back and we have seen it several times, including attending a friend's wedding there.

gallery7.f114ecc7aa0a61bb7a6f85a5f67bf67e.jpg

1.Is this a thing you get to appreciate when you get older or 2. am I a pleb?

1. Maybe
2. No

Visiting stately homes, museums, gardens etc. is more popular with older people who have time to stand and stare BUT many such places are much more accessible and easier to understand than they were. It helps if you know something about history, particularly how people used to live, but by visiting such places you can learn.

Some places are better than others at explaining/demonstrating and making the visit enjoyable. To give two examples I have visited recently:

The Weald and Downland Museum http://www.wealddown.co.uk/ in West Sussex is a collection of older buildings retrieved, rebuilt and restored as they were when new. Several of the buildings have people showing exactly how people lived and worked at those times, and they, although volunteers, are good at communication. The forge and the water mill have people working as they would have done.

Amberley Museum, also in West Sussex, http://www.amberleymuseum.co.uk/ has exhibits about the industrial past, again with people demonstrating. It is a large site but you can get around on the narrow gauge railway or on a vintage bus. British Telecom have a large exhibit on the development of telegraph and telephony, close to a building about the domestic use of electricity.

If you are unsure, visiting such a place when they have a special event is probably a good start because there would be so much happening.

We tend to go at quieter times such as weekdays during school terms because we are experienced. We don't need the guides/demonstrators etc. but often we talk to them and exchange information. We might know MORE than them. For example at Weald and Downland we had a long discussion about making and repairing work boots shod with hobnails. I used to wear such boots when younger, and I would replace my own hobnails. Different patterns of hobnails were used for different soil types.

Another place we will be visiting soon is Finchcocks Musical Museum http://www.finchcocks.co.uk/ which has a collection of keyboard instruments many of which can be played by visitors. Depending on those present, that can turn into a musical jam session, or they have several musical demonstrations a day explaining the development of keyboard instruments. It is easy to appreciate the difference between a harpsichord and an early piano if you see how they work and hear them played.

At Quex Park yesterday there was a school party from France. The pupils were aged about 9 or 10. They were there for three hours and seemed to be enjoying every minute of it despite all the explanatory panels being in English. They could, and did, ask questions of a French-speaking curator, and were encouraged to find things out for themselves.

Try visiting properties run by the National Trust. Apart from significant improvements in interpretation over the last ten years or so, the main secret known to visiting wrinklies is that the food is usually great - locally sourced and well prepared.

Back