Naoko's news, views and shoes thread

Redzinger

Darling Redzinger, I feel very sorry it has taken me so long now to drop in, after reading your messages.
On the family front - total empathy here :rolleyes: Finally given up on my family completely, and feel so much better for it :)
Will look for ways to get in touch :heart:

The Rugby!!!

OMG, what a match that was :D

Unusually I had gone to watch the rugby at a local boat club. (I don't mean that it's unusual to watch the rugby in a boat club, as it is on everywhere during the Six Nations here in Wales. I mean I usually don't go out to watch, as when I do other male viewers stare obsessively at my boobs. Or maybe they are just fascinated by the Scotch whisky logo emblazoned in that region on my shirts ... :rolleyes:)

One of my friends was having his birthday party at the boat club. He of course was in the Millenium Stadium watching Wales win the Grand Slam. We all watched that match, and enjoyed it. The Wales fans drifted off to the bar at that point, singing softly to themselves, and the England v Scotland match kicked off. Well - the first half was unbearable as Scotland were being destroyed all over the pitch. Plus one of the Welsh supporters started talking to me about Brexit :rolleyes: Death where is thy sting! I mean, during the RUGBY! :( The Scots team had been subdued ever since we lost Hogg - they never quite believe in themselves, so they have to have someone magic in the team to believe in and for the past couple of years it's been Hogg.

Then suddenly Stuart McInally - a hooker, no less! - made a break, ran down the pitch, dodged a couple of top class England backs and scored a try! He was the Captain, so it was kind of a double hero act. I don't know what he and Townsend said in the dressing room at half time, but it was the most incredible second half. I was jumping up and down in my Scotland rugby shirt. (You can picture the boobs bouncing behind a Scotch whisky logo if you like ;)) The Welsh fans had come away from the bar to watch and were singng Flower of Scotland. It was ama-azing!

:cathappy:
banana-with-kilt-smiley-emoticon.gif
:cathappy:

Last edited:
Work and stuff

So I have come on to leave a little bit of news, as people sometimes write to me asking how I am doing. I know sometimes people disappear and others wonder what became of them - did it all work out?

Well, it is (slowly!) working out :)

As said above, I have disembarrassed myself of my family. I do speak to them and if I have to, I meet them. They make it easy for me, by doing things like organising my Dad's 90th birthday party for a day so awkward that I can't go :rolleyes: (None of my cousins can go either, which they are a bit sad about as they actually like my Dad :confused:)

At work we are slowly yet steadily moving towards our permanent job contracts. I am collecting quite interesting bits of work, such as being Critical Reader on a new module. That means looking at all the materials and telling everyone how dumb they've been, and how badly these have been written - before they are made public and everyone laughs at them :) I am surprisingly good at doing this :):devil:

I also became a Rep here in Wales, not just for the other lecturers, also a Union Rep. The Union bosses lyingly told me it would only involve handing out a few leaflets at annual events. Then the next thing I knew, I was being told to get on a train to an urgent meeting in London :rolleyes: However, I realised that I would get to go to London on a regular basis, expenses paid, which would mean I could have afternoon tea at the Ritz with my friends so I gave way with good grace :D (I know it's not a very union-y thing to do, but I do try to have pie and chips as well if I can.)

Being a Union Rep also means having a regular pop at the Management - and I am surprisingly good at that too :):devil:

The Aunt

I am taking a few minutes to write, as my nephew is here on his annual holiday - which I always treat as a more relaxed time. (He has additional learning needs. He loves to come and stay with me, as I have a very structured and disciplined life so he knows what's what with me, whereas the rest of my family :rolleyes: ... 'nuff said.)

One of my friends gave me this description of an aunt from PG Wodehouse, which I think gets me down to a 'T'. My friend believes in past lives, and he says I was clearly an aristocrat in Edwardian times - so glad I wasn't a servant girl and having to clean things with blacking (whatever that is) and live in the attic with black beetles :)

'God bless my soul,' said Lord Ickenham, 'you can't compare the lorgnettes of to-day with the ones I used to know as a boy. I remember walking one day in Grosvenor Square with my aunt Brenda and her pug dog Jabberwocky, and a policeman came up and said the latter ought to be wearing a muzzle. My aunt made no verbal reply. She merely whipped her lorgnette from its holster and looked at the man, who gave one choking gasp and fell back against the railings, without a mark on him but with an awful look of horror in his staring eyes, as if he had seen some dreadful sight. A doctor was sent for, and they managed to bring him round, but he was never the same again. He had to leave the Force, and eventually drifted into the grocery business. And that is how Sir Thomas Lipton got his start.'

:D:cool:

Love is in the internet?

Yes, yes, you are saying, but what about love? Has she got her knickers out of their twist?

Well ... y'know it is not easy for a Lady like moi - as Miss Piggy might say :rolleyes: Practically every man I meet admits quite soon after meeting me (and being stared at through my lorgnette :D) that I am way out of his league. There was the fisherman ... but it was always a short term thing ;) (Such a cute Jack Russell! although the cats weren't that keen on it. And such nice muscles to massage, with the occasional scar from a knife fight :eek:)

On my profile, I did put that I like fine wines, but that I don't mind if someone doesn't know the difference between Lafite and La Perla - as long as they appreciate both ;) Sometimes, to clear unsuitable suitors out of the way, I ask "What is your favourite wine." If the answer is "I like red," I feel that we are unlikely to be compatible :rolleyes: I did have one recently who said 'Melot' - which is a grape I have not come across before. (And I have come across a fair few things in my time ;))

I had high hopes of a man who was living in France. I thought that surely he would be able to at least pronounce my favourite champagne, and perhaps even afford it. But in the end his persistent habit of calling me 'cheri' in his messages got too much for me. Yes, 'cheri' without the 'e' on the end, which any French fule know is not the way to address a Lady. I felt like a Drag Queen, being constantly addressed as cheri :mad:

And there was one I thought was going to be a casual thing, who messaged to say 'I have got a spare helmet, if you would like a ride this afternoon'. (He meant on the back of his motorbike, dahlinks.) I know he expected me to say 'Oh no, my goodness me, how could you expect a Lady like moi to come out for a ride at the drop of a helmet? I do not know you, I know what you naughty men on the internet are like.' However, in high hopes that he would indeed be a naughty man off the internet, I said: 'Have own helmet! How about 2 pm?'

It was a lovely ride! :devil: especially when we briefly did a ton on the motorway. I had not really realised before that when you get up to a speed like that, the vibrations ... with your uh, Ladybits pressed to the hot throbbing metal ... and hugging very tightly the strong muscular back of a man in leathers ... uh, excuse me, I may have to go and lie down quietly ...

Sadly, he took a serious turn. I'm not saying I wasn't tempted, with the motorbikes, the six bedroom house in a seafront location, the offer of lessons in flyfishing ... but there were flies in the ointment, dahlinks, so I put him back where I found him ;)

Duchess, it is a very real pleasure to see you back on the board. :rose:

When asked about wine, I'd reply "a nice Gewürztraminer" .
I fail to understand quite why a good German wine is ignored.

Good to see you again!

Sadly, he took a serious turn. I'm not saying I wasn't tempted, with the motorbikes, the six bedroom house in a seafront location, the offer of lessons in flyfishing ... but there were flies in the ointment, dahlinks, so I put him back where I found him ;)

Alas! Better luck next time.

Naoko!!! I’m so happy to hear the overall positive news!

Best wishes to you always!

Last edited:
Missed you, your Grace, glad to see you back gracing these pages and on the prowl again, every time I take Her Royal Holy Godship to the burlesque in Nice we raise a glass or 7 to you. Lori says Hi, I think, it's hard to tell, she's got her face in a bucket of chilled Picpoul, but she's making the 'hi, laters...' hand gesture which I assume is for you, and loud slurping noises, which is par for the course...

She still wears her 'My Rugby Mom can kick shit out of your Hockey Mom' t-shirt when she chairs the clinical review meetings, she finds it focuses the discussions...

Ooh, my dahlinks. It has been a long lo-ong time! I often think of you all, so don't ever think I forget you :heart:
What has been happening?
Well, we FINALLY got permanent jobs at the university. We all got job security :cool:
and everyone got a big uplift in salary! which was unexpected. We were all told that these mingy casual contracts save the employers a lot of money, but nobody had quite realised how much - and how much at our personal expense - grrrr.
I became a union officer, and began to appear in political rallies and to lead representations during strike action for our union at a national level. I was even on breakfast news one morning - much to excitement of my neighbours 😂
Soon I will be 60. I began to think of a comfortable solo retirement, with my garden and (if we can win our strike against the nearly illegal way the employers have decimated our pensions) maybe occasional trips to see other gardens in Europe :nana:
But, isn't it the way. A most UNSUITABLE man suddenly appeared on my horizon. I did not mean to take him on, I just felt sorry for him cuz he had been through the mill a bit, so I went for coffee with him a couple of times, and then before I knew it we were ... dating!!! (That's as far as it has got so far, so even if I were willing I would not have any smutty details to share - no I don't, shut up at the back there. You can use your imaginations and write your own version and win competitions with it 😉.)
Obviously since I am such a big union agitator these days, I would go for ... a retired military officer :rolleyes:😂, who admitted he googled me shortly after we met to check me out! 🤣 But seems not to have discovered my ah ... recherché collection of modest scribblings on here. (I must tell him - eventually.)
There we are. I can't help but remember how I came on here - a suburban housewife, very bored and trapped. Went through some rocky times - and how sweet and kind you all were to me (well, most of you - the ones who weren't were not allowed a spanking). In the last few years (apart from the nastiness of the pandemic - in which I had to work very very hard to keep my students going), things have got so much better in my life. Everything is going well (yes, that little one is all growed up now and doing well for herself). I am still v. good pals with the Fella, who has even said he is happy for me that I am dating.
I know that a lot of people come on here who are having a difficult time and it seems kind of a weird place to get support and solace. Stick with it - keep going. Sometimes it seems like it is all just going wronger and wronger, but one day you turn a corner. At first you cannot quite believe it and think you will be back in difficulties again, but you keep going - then you realise you actually are on a happier road.
I am doing pretty much 13 hour days at the moment, with the workload (that we are going to strike about), and organising strike action, and supporting other colleagues in various ways. I'm not sure when I might make it back to let you know how it's going, I just wanted to let you know - so far, it's going OK :kiss::rose:.
Your own Duchess.

Well there you are, indeed, Naoko! Only you could end up with a military gentleman. Best wishes from us all, I am sure. EB xxxx

Ooh, my dahlinks. It has been a long lo-ong time! I often think of you all, so don't ever think I forget you :heart:
What has been happening?
Well, we FINALLY got permanent jobs at the university. We all got job security :cool:
and everyone got a big uplift in salary! which was unexpected. We were all told that these mingy casual contracts save the employers a lot of money, but nobody had quite realised how much - and how much at our personal expense - grrrr.
I became a union officer, and began to appear in political rallies and to lead representations during strike action for our union at a national level. I was even on breakfast news one morning - much to excitement of my neighbours 😂
Soon I will be 60. I began to think of a comfortable solo retirement, with my garden and (if we can win our strike against the nearly illegal way the employers have decimated our pensions) maybe occasional trips to see other gardens in Europe :nana:
But, isn't it the way. A most UNSUITABLE man suddenly appeared on my horizon. I did not mean to take him on, I just felt sorry for him cuz he had been through the mill a bit, so I went for coffee with him a couple of times, and then before I knew it we were ... dating!!! (That's as far as it has got so far, so even if I were willing I would not have any smutty details to share - no I don't, shut up at the back there. You can use your imaginations and write your own version and win competitions with it 😉.)
Obviously since I am such a big union agitator these days, I would go for ... a retired military officer :rolleyes:😂, who admitted he googled me shortly after we met to check me out! 🤣 But seems not to have discovered my ah ... recherché collection of modest scribblings on here. (I must tell him - eventually.)
There we are. I can't help but remember how I came on here - a suburban housewife, very bored and trapped. Went through some rocky times - and how sweet and kind you all were to me (well, most of you - the ones who weren't were not allowed a spanking). In the last few years (apart from the nastiness of the pandemic - in which I had to work very very hard to keep my students going), things have got so much better in my life. Everything is going well (yes, that little one is all growed up now and doing well for herself). I am still v. good pals with the Fella, who has even said he is happy for me that I am dating.
I know that a lot of people come on here who are having a difficult time and it seems kind of a weird place to get support and solace. Stick with it - keep going. Sometimes it seems like it is all just going wronger and wronger, but one day you turn a corner. At first you cannot quite believe it and think you will be back in difficulties again, but you keep going - then you realise you actually are on a happier road.
I am doing pretty much 13 hour days at the moment, with the workload (that we are going to strike about), and organising strike action, and supporting other colleagues in various ways. I'm not sure when I might make it back to let you know how it's going, I just wanted to let you know - so far, it's going OK :kiss::rose:.
Your own Duchess.
Excellent to see you again! Well done on the permanency, and good luck for the striking.

No pressure or anything, but you're only 30 posts off ten thousand here...

Naoko. Thank you for dropping by and bringing us up to date, in brief. I got a man too! They're quite good aren't they, though not always just for Christmas?
I'm with you 100% on your industrial action. Wrong place to discuss at any length but change is long overdue.

Last edited:
Sticky, I am so absolutely happy for you :love:
BT - :kiss: , and EB - my dear :rose:
30 posts, hmm? (Will try - not promising, as quite a lot going on at the moment.)
Well lads, if you had said one day I would be leading a picket and then go back to tea cooked by a former officer, I would have been extremely incredulous :D.
All good so far :heart:.

Naoko! And a happy hello to you. I knew there was a reason the sun came out today. :rose::kiss::kiss::rose:

Back