My Zombie Shelter (open to everyone)

In the last seconds, she spotted him.

Her heart ached and she felt the last warmth of love she would ever feel as she looked up at the black weapon he had his hands around.

It was pointed at her.

She tried to smile, tried to let him know that everything would be okay. She'd still be watching over him, that his story wasn't over. Her lips trembled and tears rolled down her cheeks.

Why was he waiting? Maybe it wasn't as easy for him to kill a loved one as it had been for her. Because he was better than her. Her smile widened and she almost laughed.

There were a couple of walkers shuffling about. She dropped the pistol, knowing he wouldn't let her go out this way. Her heart thudded lazily and painfully. Time was almost up.

Pandora looked up at the rooftop. She wondered if she would just lie here, or if he would bury her. Her hands started to shake as she raised her face to him, willing him to be strong and to keep going. Keep moving forward. She closed her eyes.

"I love you." As she opened her eyes, she heard the final, single gunshot. There was a little flash. Fear overtook her. Would it hurt? Would she feel it? Her eyes stayed on him, her lips moving soundlessly. "Thank you."

And her life ended with a gasp. The bullet's heart was true, entering her head within her hair. Her body slumped down on the bench and she looked like she could have been sleeping if it wasn't for the fear and love-filled eyes, forever focused on the man on the rooftop.

Last edited:
Just as violent and furious as our relationship had started, it ended. With six and a half pounds of pressure from my index finger, I erased the one good thing that I had left in this whole shitty world. The strange thing about shooting, is that you never hear the report of the round when you take a life. Deer, squirrel, rabbit, or in this case person, you never hear the gun go off. It's a strange phenomenon that all hunters experience. I have never found an explanation for it, but I know it's true.

It isn't like time stops or anything like a scene out of the Matrix. You feel the push against your shoulder from the recoil. You see the hydro shock ripple through the body of your target as the bullet impacts their soft tissue. You smell the distinct odor of gunpowder but you never hear the kill shot.

I watched Pandora slump downward to lay on the bench she had been sitting on. She had looked right at me in those last moments and I would swear that I heard her say she loved me just before the shot. I lay there for long moments as the walkers continued to converge on my position rolling the whole thing over and over in my head. Did I do the right thing? Could I have saved her? Did she know how I felt about her? Did she know how much she meant to me? All of these questions hammered repetitively as I watched the blood trickle from her forehead and the light in her eyes go dim.

I fought with every fiber of my being not to run to her. To pull her to me and feel her in my arms one last time. However, there was still work to be done. There were walkers everywhere between me and her and I would need the streets to be clear so I could bury her properly. I swung my scope to the nearest undead cranium and continued to do what she had always said I did best. "Gratuitously violent and handsy" she had called it, so I did my best to live up to it.

Goodbye Pandora, you will always have a place in my heart. I miss you now and always.

I loaded another magazine into the 416. I hadn't taken the rifle from my shoulder just like I had been trained, and as soon as the mag was seated I let the bolt slam home and pressed the trigger again. I stroked the trigger, three to four rounds at a time. I watched them fall as the bullets hit them.

"RPG, left!" Renn shouted. I turned 45 degrees.

"Roger," I replied, and pressed the HK's trigger to the rear. The Haji with the RPG fell face-first onto the street.

"Senior Chief," Renn called out to me, "Ski ain't looking good at all."

I glanced down, behind me, where Renn had knelt behind a burned-out Toyota or Nissan or whatever the fuck it was these ragheads drove around. "Cover!" I shouted at Renn. He and I changed places. He had been carrying Petty Officer Second Class Daryl Kowalski. He sat him down behind the car and propped him up against what was left of the tire and rim. Kowalski had taken a round when they ambushed us. He had, actually, taken several rounds.

"Daryl!" I shouted, leaning in close. "Look at me!" Daryl's eyes closed and his head nodded forward. "Petty Officer Kowalski!" I shouted. "Eyes forward, Frogman!"

He opened his eyes and looked at me. His eyes were glassy. Distant. I checked his tourniquets. They were holding. The wound in his abdomen was what was going to be the one, though. I knew it. Although Renn had packed it with Quik-Clot gauze, the round has severed an artery and Ski was bleeding out.

"Senior," Ski said, low, rasping, "I wanna go home, Senior Chief."

"We're headed that way," I told him. I meant it. We didn't leave anyone behind. "Don't give up," I reminded him. "Never fucking quit."

"Hooyah," was the last thing Ski said.

The bullet that Randy fired into Pandora's head brought me back to The Now.

So many had been lost. In war, you expect it. And, although this was war in the ultimate survival sense, it wasn't right that good people were lost because of something so stupid as a virus.

I ran to Randy's side and brought my M-4 up to my shoulder. Max skidded to a stop beside me. I targeted the closest geek and put a 5.56 through its head. I glanced over at Randy.

I started to say something, but I stopped myself. Max had turned and went to Pan. He sniffed around her, then whined. He pawed her hand a few times and whined again. He then turned to me. Max cast one last glance over his shoulder, and then he trotted back to my side.

"Fuck these motherfuckers," I said as I put the red dot of my Aimpoint on another and pressed the trigger to the rear.

Last edited:
I heard the ear splitting report of Mike's rifle as he took a spot beside me and started ventilating deadheads, followed by an angry, "Fuck these motherfuckers!" I gave him a quick glance and then followed suit by labatomizing an couple of former road construction workers that were ambling our way.

It was odd to be there, shoulder to shoulder, with a guy a barely knew, killing the undead that were stumbling around the steadily chilling corpse of the woman that I had fallen in love with. It was the closest thing that I could ever imagine to being being in battle. Two guys becoming a team, counting on one another to get each other home, only now there wasn't a home to come back to. As I steadily fired round after round, each one filling the air with a black mist and the stench of rot and death, I wondered of there would ever be a time when we could sit back, sip some sweet iced tea, and regale those around us with stories of us spilling the "same blood on the same mud" as I had heard it said.

My sadness turned to anger and we started to slowly move forward, approaching our targets from every angle leaving a wide swath of death all around us as we cleared the street. Our mag changes were swift and clean, with only the momentary clack of bolts closing before resuming the slaughter. Our pace was steady, controlled, each shot finding it's mark and falling one blood sucker allowing for a clear shot on the next.

When it was over the silence was almost deafening. I was breathing hard, and looked all around for more but finding none. After a minute or two, I lowered my rifle and looked at Mike, not quite sure what to say.

"Pan's dead man...I...I had to..." I was trying to explain, but I couldn't say the words. She was dead, and I was the one to kill her. I knew that she would have wanted me to, in fact I could still see her face, but it still didn't reconcile with the fact that she was still alive when I had pulled the trigger, and nothing would ever change that.

Somewhere, it seemed distant, but I could actually hear the sound of our brass hitting the street. Each spent casing fell in unison, tink, tink, tink, and seemed to strike the pavement at the same time.

The smell of burned gunpowder was strong in the air and added a pungent exclamation to the stench of rotting flesh.

None of the geeks ever got close enough to us. We were systematic, precise machines. The unique surrealism of the whole scene threatened to dredge up some more old memories. I stopped fighting them and let them come. I realized what I was.....who I was. I was made for war. It had been instilled in me, sure, but training had only tapped the potential that some men just carried inside them. The Navy had brought it out of me, and I had really been hiding as someone else for a long time since.

"Pan's dead man...I...I had to..." I was trying to explain, but I couldn't say the words. She was dead, and I was the one to kill her. I knew that she would have wanted me to, in fact I could still see her face, but it still didn't reconcile with the fact that she was still alive when I had pulled the trigger, and nothing would ever change that.

It seemed that when the smoke cleared, and I had removed the magazine from my rifle and traded it out for a fresh one (there were 6 rounds left in the mag...I had been counting. You counted your rounds to take your mind off the fact that you were killing people. Only, well, we weren't killing people), that was when Randy spoke.

He was trying to verbalize what had happened. What he did. He didn't need to. I knew. I needed to let him know that. I needed to let him know that what he did was the right thing. It was what I would have done. And, if the time ever came, it was what I would expect him to do for me.

Only, I couldn't think of anything to say to him. So, instead I reached out and grabbed his shoulder, and knotted his shirt up in my hand and held it for just a moment. I looked him in the eyes and I nodded my head, just once.

I let Randy go. I slung my rifle, mindful the barrel was smoking hot even through the hand guard heat shield. Max was at heel. He had been there the whole time.

I scanned the area. The carnage we had wrought surely made a mess in the street. We had sufficiently cleared the little town for as far as I could see. The shots, though, were loud and their sound had surely carried.

"There will be more, soon," I said, "drawn here by the gunfire. We gotta move."

The gun shots were the first sign of humanity in had come across in the days since my escape. I was hiding behind a burnt out car close enough to hear them talking.

"There will be more, soon,drawn here by the gunfire. We gotta move." I heard one of them say.

The fear of being alone, naked and hunted made me throw caution to the wind. I stepped out and raised my hands "Please help me" I cried out in my best little girl voice.

Mike put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed tightly. It was one of those gestures guys do to communicate the things that we have trouble saying. That small gesture was the equivalent of saying, "You did the right thing. I would have done the same." It didn't make me feel any better for what I had done, but I did take small comfort in the fact that I hadn't lost my only other friend in the world because of it.

I took another look around at the destruction we had brought forth and slung my rifle on my shoulder. We had made enough noise to sttract everything living and dead for three counties and although there were still plenty of places we could search, let alone the stuff Pan and I had left in the house when she got shot, but soon this area would be way too hot for us to stay in.

Mike must have been thinking the same thing. "There will be more, soon, drawn here by the gunfire. We gotta move." I heard him say as he shouldered his M4.

"Roger that, I just wanna grab Pan and move her somewhere so I can bury her. She deserves that." I said calmy, still in a daze from the events of the last hours.

I started to move towards her lifeless body when I heard a female voice from behind our position.

"Please help me" she said weakly.

On instinct, my hand went to my Kimber, drawing it in one swift motion as I turned toward the source of the voice. A young woman, nude and with her hands in the air came out from behind an old burnt out sedan that was parked just on the edge of the street behind us.

"Who the fuck are you? Where did you come from?" I shouted as I kept the pistol trained on her head. I moved to my right putting space between Mike and myself. I had no idea where this chick had come from and the fact that she was naked put me on high alert. My eyes started darting all around her, looking for others. It smelled like a setup, like she was sent out to distract us as the other members of her party moved to surround us. As I scanned every brick and board of the buildings and the street around us, I thought how fucked up the world had become, when the first thought I have when I see an attractive, although dirty, woman standing in front of me, and my first thought is that she is trying to kill me.

"I...I need help... I...uhhhh" I collapsed from dehydration and the stress of being alone unarmed and naked as I rn from the horrors that had been my life over the last few months.

I fought to stay concious as the group I had found surrounded me. I tried to speak but my mouth was so try only unintelligible sounds came out. Finally I could take no more and my eyes, closed hopefully not for the last time.

"I...I need help... I...uhhhh" I heard her croak before watching her collapse.

I started wavering in my thoughts that this was some kind of trap. This girl was either an award winning actress, or she legitimately needed help. I eased toward where she fell, still sweeping the area with my pistol out in front of me.

I glanced quickly to Mike and saw him still on high alert. This was one of those times when you are thankful to have someone with you, someone to watch your six while you attend to the matter at hand.

I stood over her and then with a last look around I holstered my sidearm and tokk a knee right beside her. She appeared to be out cold, and although she was breathing, it was labored and shallow. Her young body was covered with what looked like a week's worth of dirt and grime. Her hair was a wiry tangled mess, matted together in places. She had scrapes and abrasions from head to toe, as well as some jagged scars from older wounds. I looked her over, noticing the faints purples and yellows of bruises on her torso and thighs. There was what looked to be a bite mark above her right breast, that had been hard enough to bring blood. Wherever this woman, had been, she had been through the ringer.

There was water and supplies back at the filling station where we had worked on saving Pan. I scooped her up into my arms and nodded toward it to Mike letting him know where I was headed. I started walking toward the garage, still glancing around with every step looking for possible threats. I couldn't help but shake the feeling that if this girl was in fact by herself, and had escaped, there would be a good chance that her captors would come looking for her.

The last things I wanted right now was another firefight. I was low on ammunition and I felt like I hadn't slept in days. We needed to make a plan on what to do with the newest member of our party, and then get the hell outta Dodge.

I regained consciousness and felt I was being carried. I was scared that they had found me again and my personal hell was about to start again. I continued to feign unconsciousness to find out how precarious my situation was.

I realized that whoever was carring me, wasn't who I feared. It was something about the oder... while the BO was there the oders of beer piss and leather weren't present. I also didn't feel a beard on my body, so I couldn't have been them.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw the man I talked to earlier. He was scanning the area and walking with a confident step. I suddenly felt safer than I had ever felt before.

"Thank you" I mumble "I really need something to drink...and eat. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but some clothes and shoes too...if at all possible." That sentence completely drained me and I fell back in his arms completely listless and at this strangers mercy.

There was a rifle shot, I was getting very close and stepping over some rubble I heard some voices on the other side of a half blown away dividing wall. Holding onto my rifle and pressing my body against the wall and listened to them as they spoke. One was a man and the other was a woman. That was good, two people survived and there didn't seem to be any hostility between them. I heard a "thank you" being uttered. That was another good sign that these people were not hostile between one another.

They continued to talk, the woman asking for something to drink.

"Oy!" I called out. "Identify yourself" trying not to be hostile but alarmed.

My fingers could feel the ribs of her small frame as I walked with her in my arms. It was obvious that this girl had been abused, starved, and God knows what else. I had seen first hand the depravity of some of the survivors. They would treat women as sub-human, just objects for their amusement and pleasure. I felt for her, even though a small part of me still didn't trust her.

It starled me when she came too. "Thank you...I really need something to drink...and eat. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but some clothes and shoes too...if at all possible." she said weakly and then her small body went limp again.

"You're ok, just rest a minute. We are going to get to some shelter and then we will get you whatever you need. Don't worry, you're safe now." I said softly.

I didn't know if she could hear me, but I thought some words of hope couldn't hurt at any rate in case she could. We were a few yards away from the entrance when i hear a strange voice from behind me shout out.

"Oy! Identify yourself." the man said.

I ducked quickly behind one of the gas pumps for cover. 'I knew it!' I thought to myself as I layed the girl down and slid the rifle from my shoulder. The bitch had brought a friend and now whoever this person was, most assuredly wanted whatever Mike and I had.

I peeked around the pump trying to get a visual on the voice. I didn't see Mike, but I figured he was trying to positon on our new aquaintance, as well as make sure he was alone. I checked my mag, and frowned seeing only ten rounds left.

"Name's Fuck You! My partner's is Eat Shit! I have your friend here, come any closer and she doesn't see another sunrise, savvy?"

"Nonononononono" I say starting to cry. "They couldn't have found me already. Please don't let them take me. I can't go back." I curl into a fetal position and start to wail.

Off in the distance the roar of several motorcycles was heard.

"My name is Michael" I responded hearing a bunch of cursing and then the wailing of a woman. Now the situation had turned. I didn't want to take a peek myself above my cover, but with the crying and cursing I'd figure that they were armed and perceived me as a threat and then down the road I heard the faint roar of motorcycles. My head jerked to that direction and my face began to turn pale. "Shit. Who are these clowns?" I thought then turned back to the other two people. Quickly I cleared my weapon. "Listen. I'm alone," he probably wouldn't believe me on that, "I'm coming out" and slowly raised my rifle above my head and above my cover.

It had been two weeks of hiding, the attic of a small country home providing a warm dry shelter whilst Olivia waited for the walkers in the area to spread out. She had lived in a neighboring town, finding refuge in the mountains after the spread had seen to the decimation of her family and friends. But without a proper source of food, and sick of living on bugs and shivering through the nights in a basic shelter, she had decided to head into town and scavenge.

There hadn't been a problem until she had let down her guard and broken a window into the pharmacy. The sound had woken what walkers had been in the back rooms, and she had cut herself on glass barely escaping with her life. But the cut wasn't healing very quickly, even if it wasn't becoming infected.

Finding the attic was easy enough, a large tree meant she hadn't even needed to enter through the ground floor. She was sure some infected were still inside the house during the first day or two, but she had picked them off with her compound bow via the manhole.

She hadn't been downstairs since then. The sight of a decaying family was too much to bear, it was too close to home. Her backpack containing enough dried noodles, fruit and bottled water to survive until now had meant rationing, but she hadn't starved.

But then all the noise started, and now she glimpsed out through the boarded up windows to watch a show. It was impressive, and whilst she hadn't the ammunition nor skill to take out so many zombies, she at least had the intelligence to avoid making so much noise.

Now every walker in town that hadn't been killed was making a beeline for the new meal, and she could see it. Those retched beings that were once a loved one, a family member or a lover. Now she could only see death. She had no wish to get near them, or for them to even acknowledge her existence.

Gathering up a red and black backpack, she shouldered the .22 caliber rifle (having only half a box of ammunition left which she preferred to use on small game to eat) and clasped her hunting bow tightly in hand. The planks over the windows were not moving, but she had pulled away the vent and could jump out into the tree easily.

Checking her surroundings, she waited until the area was clear before climbing down. The grass cushioned the final drop as she landed. Olivia knew that the walkers would pose a problem later on, and that they would make getting to the other group impossible. But with the motorcycles heading down one of the main streets, it would leave a safe exit for the others. She would be waiting, out of sight, to see if they took that alternative to facing the bikers head on.

With all the noise in town, her moving on foot without making any should give her a good chance of not getting noticed.

Last edited:
"Shut up a minute!" I shouted to the young woman now sobbing at my knees.

I couldn't blame her for being hysterical, but there were more pressing matters at hand right now. I still didn't have a visual on Mike, and that concerned me. Was he still alive? Had this guy and his clan gotten the drop on him and taken him out? Had he just decided to bail, figuring that hanging with me would get us both killed? I didn't see him as the type to cut and run, but I couldn't have blamed him if he did. He had had to endure a never ending stream of drama between Pan and I and now here we were pinned down in some shithole miles away from the compound where we had food water and a twelve foot wall around us.

"My name is Michael" the man said calmly. I brought the rifle to my shoulder and leaned out just enough to try and get a visual on him. "Listen. I'm alone, I'm coming out." he continued and I saw him stand with his rifle above his head.

I stood as well, giving whoever may be with him a clear shot, but my options were becoming more and more limited and if in fact he was alone we both needed to find shelter.

"This girl...she with you?" I asked. "She came up on us outta nowhere and then all of a sudden here you are. You'll have to forgive me if i seem a little paranoid, but that's how I have lived as long as I have. My names's Randy by the way."

I lowered my gun enough to show that I didn't intend on shooting him, but it was still ready enough to allow me to change my mind if the need arose. The young woman's sobbing had quited a bit, but she remained curled up, her face shielded.

Olivia sided up to a house, her back against the white weatherboards as she moved slowly forward. The street was just out there, only a wood rail fence and some shrubbery separating herself from it. The motorcycles should have been quieter, but the fact that they were not meant that they were indeed heading for the main street. Then the shooting started, and some shouting indicated that the bikers had met with the walkers. It should slow them down, small miracles. That group was notorious in this region, taking supplies, women and children to train for specific purposes. Olivia had escaped from a group who had fallen prey because they hadn't assumed the worst. They had tried to barter for supplies, but in the end had paid with blood.

Olivia never wished to barter with that sort of person. Surely she would have ended up a sex slave, or some kind of child soldier due to her archery competition background. But she doubted even that skill would have stopped them from abusing her body, she had been a cheerleader as well.

Getting eyes on the three men, and the naked woman in the street, Olivia shook her head. Why were they not going for cover? Perhaps it was a stalemate, with nobody wishing to move.

Moving out, Olivia crossed the street in plain view quickly. Like a shadow. Before stopping beside the gas station.

"Oi, lady...if you don't want to be around when the Hounds (name of the motorcycle peeps) show up, get your ass moving. Whoever you guys are, you need to clear out yesterday. Fuck this place....fuck the walkers...fuck the noise you guys make," she hissed, showing her face but moving away whilst waving them over to the gap between the gas station and a fence that sided it.

"Seriously, you don't want to be around her a minute longer..."

The sounds of the motorcycles stopped suddenly, but the moans of the roamers increased in volume. Fortunatly they were heading toward the motorcycles and away from us.

I heard a female voice speaking and when I heard the name 'hounds' I shivered.

I shifted my body closer to the man who had been carrying me and tried to quiet down. I waited silently for the human excrement to strike the rotating blades.

With my rifle still above my head as I came out I said, "She's not with me" and the roar of the bikes came closer and I heard another voice calling out, my head jerked towards that direction but it was gone in just a few moments. Looking at this stranger and then at the sobbing woman I said, "We have to get off the streets and into a concealed area. I don't know who those people are, but they far outnumber the three of us."

Kneeling beside the woman and placing a hand on her shoulder I said to console her, "You're going to be alright. Stop crying. I know it's tough right now, but I need you focus and to help us. We need to work together on this. If we don't, then we all die."

"She's not with me" Michael said as he slowly started to walk toward me.

I lowered my rifle a bit more still keeping it at the ready. The ringing in my ears from Mike and I's walker slaughter had started to subside and I could hear what sounded like the roar of motorcycle engines approaching. They were still a ways out so I fought the urge to look toward them and kept my eyes flashing between the stranger and the girl. Neither of them had made a move that would indicate they meant me any harm. I started thinking that maybe it was just a coincidence that we all happened to end up here.

"Oi, lady...if you don't want to be around when the Hounds show up, get your ass moving. Whoever you guys are, you need to clear out yesterday. Fuck this place....fuck the walkers...fuck the noise you guys make," another strange voice shouted from over my shoulder.

I spun on my heels reshouldering the AR10, and aiming it at the source. I was stunned for a moment when I first saw her, the sparkling eyes, and young delicate features bore such a strong resemblance to Fiona, that my breath caught in my throat. I knew it couldn't be her, but for a few seconds, I considered dropping my gun on the concrete and running over to her and take her in my arms.

"Seriously, you don't want to be around her a minute longer..." the young woman said before motioning for us to follow her around the building, and then just like that she was gone.

I stood there, with what I am sure was the stupidest look imaginable on my face, for a few seconds before I heard Michael speak again.

"We have to get off the streets and into a concealed area. I don't know who those people are, but they far outnumber the three of us."

I couldn't find any flaws in his logic, so I decided I had better get my shit together and get with the program.

"Dude, take care of her..." I said pointing to the young woman at my feet. "I need to grab some shit from inside and then I will catch up." I said shouldering the rifle and heading toward the door. I had a feeling we were going to need the supplies that I had gathered earlier.

The noise of the roamers was dying down. Either they had won the fight and were too busy feeding to moan or their numbers had been drastically reduced.

I heard the man who rescued me tell the new guy to take care of me. That sentence more than anything calmed me down. I had been taking care of myself since I was 12 (drunk whore mom, jailbird/pimp dad). I got the fuck away from them the first time they tried to pimp me out.

I pulled myself together and stood up. "Sorry about that" I say I'm good now. "What can I do to help, wanting to pull my own weight even though I still felt weak as a kitten.

The sound of motorcycles came again but now they were fading. For some reason it seemed there were fewer bikes leaving than came in. I smiled feeling a bit grateful for the roamers who saved us.

"I think there are a few working bikes just a few blocks away, probably with a good amount of fuel. Should we go get them?" I asked the man standing near me.

"It's alright" I nodded taking my rifle stock and placing it under my right shoulder. "we'll head behind the gas station. They're on bikes and bikes need fuel. we can get some distance and be able to watch them from a distance. Let's get going," and I remembered the one man that said he was going inside to gather up some stuff. I didn't want to shout less give me away, but I pushed the scared women gently from behind with my right hand to get her moving then called to the man, "Better hurry. We got, I'd say, less than five minutes before they get here." Out of the corner of my eye I could see the glint of light coming off their polished handlebars. There were many, at least thirteen that I quickly counted, but there had to be more and more than we could handle.

I was wondering what was freaking this guy out. The motorcycle sounds were fading (as in going away from us), and he was acting lime they were going to ride up on us.

Then I saw the flash of metal and realize tnat some were pushing their bikes toward us probably to bet gas. I ran to the door to let our companion know we had company. I saw him on the ground fighting a roamer. I grabbed his k ife off the floor and stabbed it in the head. I jumped back as zombie blood sprayed over my naked skin.

He looked up at me and I simply said "Bad guys coming for gas we gotta hide." I offered my hand to help him up.

When I walked inside, I stopped dead in my tracks. The bloody gauze and rags that we had used trying to save Pandora, were still strewn about the counter. I couldn't help but relive the agony of watching her suffer as I stood there helpless to do anything to bring her comfort.

I shook it off and then reach for my pack and started shoving what was left of the saline, bandages, hemostats, whatever I could shove in quickly. Supplies like these are going to get increasingly harder to find and there was no doubt that we would need them eventually.

I was so focused on packing shit that I never noticed the walker come up behind me and started clawing at my shirt. I was so startled that I jumped backward and slipped crashing on top of the walker. It was groaning and snapping it's jaws, searching for any fresh flesh that it could get a bite of. I managed to roll over to face the creeper and was trying to reach for my knife. It slipped from my fingers and clanked on the floor. I was frantically thinking of other options when the young woman that had been sobbing on the ground just minutes before, drove my fumbled blade into its skull to the hilt.

She stepped back surveying the black spray of the walkers blood that was now dripping from her. Her small breasts rise and fell with her heavy breathing and for a moment I was transfixed watching them.

"Bad guys coming for gas we gotta hide."
she said matter of factly, offering me her hand to stand. I grasp it and pulled, eventually getting my feet underneath me and standing. She had been on such close proximity that when I finally had stable footing, our bodies were pressed together. I looked down to the top of her chest pressed to my t-shirt, and quickly looked upward to her eyes.

"We need to find you some clothes." I said, not sure if my embarrassment was evident in my face. I took a step back and went into the restroom, just off of the office area. There was a pair of greasy coveralls hanging there and I grabbed them off of the hook and ran back out into the main office.

"These should work until we find you something better. I'll meet you out back." I said tossing them to her before grabbing my pack and heading out the door.

Back