My Sensual Art (drawn from life) — Ramsey MacDonald

Rather new here, as I start this. But it seems a reasonable way to show some of my work. All the art I'm putting here is drawn by me and all of it is drawn from life. Meaning I was sitting in front of the models while they held these poses and I drew them. One or two are from group life drawing sessions, but most of them are from private sessions where it was just me and the model (or couple). I have started writing up fictionalised versions of some of these sessions, but only published one here so far in the illustrated story section. It takes time, doesn't it?
I have also uploaded some individual pictures in the erotic art section. I'll try not to duplicate anything.
I hope you enjoy the art and I'd be delighted to answer questions about any of it.
In particular, if anyone in the UK is reading...

Attachments

• LovingCouple-1.JPEG
    LovingCouple-1.JPEG
    398 KB · Views: 83
Kiera posed for me a while back. She is a stunt woman for TV and film and a sword expert. Hence the weapons in the pictures.

Attachments

• Kiera-shrink.jpg
    Kiera-shrink.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Kiera-2.jpg
    Kiera-2.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Kiera-3.jpg
    Kiera-3.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Kiera-5.jpg
    Kiera-5.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Kiera-6.jpg
    Kiera-6.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 70
  • Kiera-1.jpg
    Kiera-1.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 86
Welcome!
Refreshing work.

Go ahead and duplicate. There's some cross viewing, but not heaps.
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have to admit, I'm still a bit confused about navigating round the different areas. Someone started a 'conversation' with me and I have no idea how to get back to that!

Really nice work! I love the sensitive lines and the blue wash!
Thank you! That is so nice of you. I was worried that the artwork is rather 'vanilla' for this place. I love really erotic and graphic sexual art too, but that is not what I do. Mainly because I draw real people from life, not from photos. Though you will see that SOMETIMES things get a little hotter. BTW you will be seeing a lot more blue wash. It's kinda my thing...

Mata Hari
I have been drawing/painting for a number of years. As a consequence, there is rather a lot of work and deciding what to post here, and in what order, is a fun problem. I decided not think about it too much and just randomly post some of my faves. The pictures are all drawn from life and often very quickly. I never work on them later, so what I get during the session is what it is. Sometimes it's good, often it isn't good enough. The titles come later, but I only title if I am going to put the piece up for sale. And often it is the title that adds the final piece to the art. That allows the audience to create the story. A woman came into the gallery and fell in love with this piece partly because of the title and the seductive implications. I sell a lot of my nudes to women, I'm delighted to say.

Attachments

• Mata_Hari-lr.jpg
    Mata_Hari-lr.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 33
Mata Hari
I have been drawing/painting for a number of years. As a consequence, there is rather a lot of work and deciding what to post here, and in what order, is a fun problem. I decided not think about it too much and just randomly post some of my faves. The pictures are all drawn from life and often very quickly. I never work on them later, so what I get during the session is what it is. Sometimes it's good, often it isn't good enough. The titles come later, but I only title if I am going to put the piece up for sale. And often it is the title that adds the final piece to the art. That allows the audience to create the story. A woman came into the gallery and fell in love with this piece partly because of the title and the seductive implications. I sell a lot of my nudes to women, I'm delighted to say.
This is really special. You’re very talented, and to repeat the word THROBBS used, I find your work very “refreshing.” It’s pure, authentic, strong in technique yet vulnerable in touch and essence. Does this sound garbled and too much like vague “art talk”? Yes…this is partly due to the fact that I haven’t planned out what I want to say, but also because that’s what “real” visual art does. That’s why it IS visual and not verbal.
Perhaps more later when I’ve had coffee and can express my thoughts and feelings about your work when my mind is somewhat clearer!

Last edited:
This is really special. You’re very talented, and to repeat the word THROBBS used, I find your work very “refreshing.” It’s pure, authentic, strong in technique yet venerable in touch and essence. Does this sound garbled and too much like vague “art talk”? Yes…this is partly due to the fact that I haven’t planned out what I want to say, but also because that’s what “real” visual art does. That’s why it IS visual and not verbal.
Perhaps more later when I’ve had coffee and can express my thoughts and feelings about your work when my mind is somewhat clearer!
Yes. I couldn't agree more with both your analysis and your praise, @Llehlla, and @THROBBS! Your work is truly wonderful @RamseyMacDonald! I'm looking forward to any other offerings you choice to post.

Thank you! That is so nice of you. I was worried that the artwork is rather 'vanilla' for this place. I love really erotic and graphic sexual art too, but that is not what I do. Mainly because I draw real people from life, not from photos. Though you will see that SOMETIMES things get a little hotter. BTW you will be seeing a lot more blue wash. It's kinda my thing...
It doesn’t matter what “flavor” your work is… it’s very good!

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have to admit, I'm still a bit confused about navigating round the different areas. Someone started a 'conversation' with me and I have no idea how to get back to that!
If you can see the little envelope icon in the upper right of this page (just to the right of your user name)... click on that.
If recent, it will show. If not very recent, that (little) pop up window has "Show all" in the lower left...click on that.

This is really special. You’re very talented, and to repeat the word THROBBS used, I find your work very “refreshing.” It’s pure, authentic, strong in technique yet vulnerable in touch and essence. Does this sound garbled and too much like vague “art talk”? Yes…this is partly due to the fact that I haven’t planned out what I want to say, but also because that’s what “real” visual art does. That’s why it IS visual and not verbal.
That is a huge compliment. Thank you! And I am delighted that you respond to the work that way. You said it very well!

Patsy is a model I have worked with a couple of times. I just uploaded the rear view to the erotic illustration section but, as I was told here, there is very little cross-over. And to make it a little different, I have stitched to a behind the scenes picture of me doing the original drawing of Patsy with her in pose. Sometimes people don't realise I draw these from a model holding the pose in real life, so hopefully this gives an idea of how they are done. Two others attached as bonus features on this Blu-Ray edition. I hope you like them. She is a brilliant model and the work is always a collaboration as we fire ideas at each other.
Hopefully, these artworks fit with my general goals of portraying women as feminine, in control, sometimes strong, sometimes vulnerable but always, to me, astonishing.
I hope you like them.

Attachments

• boots-btw-joined-lr.jpg
    boots-btw-joined-lr.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Boots-pt2-lr.jpg
    Boots-pt2-lr.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Boots-pt3-lr.jpg
    Boots-pt3-lr.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 41
Patsy is a model I have worked with a couple of times. I just uploaded the rear view to the erotic illustration section but, as I was told here, there is very little cross-over. And to make it a little different, I have stitched to a behind the scenes picture of me doing the original drawing of Patsy with her in pose. Sometimes people don't realise I draw these from a model holding the pose in real life, so hopefully this gives an idea of how they are done. Two others attached as bonus features on this Blu-Ray edition. I hope you like them. She is a brilliant model and the work is always a collaboration as we fire ideas at each other.
Hopefully, these artworks fit with my general goals of portraying women as feminine, in control, sometimes strong, sometimes vulnerable but always, to me, astonishing.
I hope you like them.
Just superb. Again.

I hope you like them.
Strong line & technique. Are these pen & wash?

Most of my work is done with compressed charcoal (very hard) on paper. Then a wash of watercolour or ink on top.
Some of them are done with soluble watercolour pencil (black) that gives that very strong line as well, but also bleeds all over the place.
Over the years, I have decided never to erase any lines, the first marks I make and the last ones are all usually visible in the final piece.
I do work with brush pen and wash, yes, but not for my nude work.
Thanks for the question!
RM

I'm lucky enough to get commissioned to draw people. They become aware of me through my social media posts (under a different name from this because I do family friendly art too). This lady (already a grandmother) hit her 60th birthday and wanted to mark it by doing something outrageous and celebrating being alive. And in very fine condition. As usual with a session, I did many paintings on the day and she bought two, but this one was one of my faves. I just love how confident she looks (she wasn't really) and how casual. In real life she loves sunbathing, so the sun came through the windows and this pose was very much her idea and, indeed, very 'her' in character.

Attachments

• Grandma-2.JPG
    Grandma-2.JPG
    391.5 KB · Views: 22
I'm lucky enough to get commissioned to draw people. They become aware of me through my social media posts (under a different name from this because I do family friendly art too). This lady (already a grandmother) hit her 60th birthday and wanted to mark it by doing something outrageous and celebrating being alive. And in very fine condition. As usual with a session, I did many paintings on the day and she bought two, but this one was one of my faves. I just love how confident she looks (she wasn't really) and how casual. In real life she loves sunbathing, so the sun came through the windows and this pose was very much her idea and, indeed, very 'her' in character.
Just gorgeous. Her inner and outer beauty radiate.

Beautifully captured. It does indeed celebrate how carefree & confident portrayed in her pose

This lady was a marine biologist in real life. She asked to pose for a session and had never done anything like this before. I asked her if she wanted anything special and she said 'could I bring my mermaid tail?'. Of course I said yes! I had no idea at that time it was a thing. But I've discovered it really is. It was difficult to work with but we got a couple of pictures, as well as some other nice poses from her. She was absolutely thrilled with the results and loved the session. I was thrilled too, but this was a while a go and I really think I could do better now. Maybe the first and last time I get to draw a mermaid!

Attachments

• Mermaid-1.jpg
    Mermaid-1.jpg
    929.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Mermaid-3.jpg
    Mermaid-3.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Mermaid-2.jpeg
    Mermaid-2.jpeg
    316.2 KB · Views: 19
This lady was a marine biologist in real life. She asked to pose for a session and had never done anything like this before. I asked her if she wanted anything special and she said 'could I bring my mermaid tail?'. Of course I said yes! I had no idea at that time it was a thing. But I've discovered it really is. It was difficult to work with but we got a couple of pictures, as well as some other nice poses from her. She was absolutely thrilled with the results and loved the session. I was thrilled too, but this was a while a go and I really think I could do better now. Maybe the first and last time I get to draw a mermaid!
These are really excellent!

These are really excellent!
Thank you so much. It was a while ago now. I feel I could do better now. Not just with the drawing but with the poses and what she wanted to do. She told me she was into bondage and submissive situations, but I didn't really push that with the drawing. We could have done some very interesting stuff!

Back