Introducing the cast

Sue

She had just gotten out of the shower and was unimpressed at me asking her to pose for me because she was already running late.Untitled - 29 March 2024 17.14.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the honesty…..I don’t know if I’ve seen another artist post what they consider, and SAY, is an unflattering image of someone. Unflattering or not, it is good art!
I simply don’t have the technical ability to do precise details - like faces. I try to work around that in may own way and I am okay with that, but I do worry the person who has posed might not be!

Claire

[I has been nice to see some of you having your work published on the site recently. It is all tremendously good. I admire your ability to capture or amplify fine details when you think it is appropriate. That is very far beyond my abilities, but I don’t mind that at all. I have tried hard with this piece but I know I am going to spoil it by fiddling if I don’t put it out.]

Snapseed.jpeg

Claire

[I has been nice to see some of you having your work published on the site recently. It is all tremendously good. I admire your ability to capture or amplify fine details when you think it is appropriate. That is very far beyond my abilities, but I don’t mind that at all. I have tried hard with this piece but I know I am going to spoil it by fiddling if I don’t put it out.]

View attachment 2340856
I think this is fantastic work of art. You have your own unique style, which is very expressive and comes alive, at least for this viewer. In my opinion, it is some of the best art I’ve seen on Lit. True it isn’t photo realistic, but others do that so why should you be one more? There is only one artist whose work is like yours; it goes to a different place and I think comes from a different place. I hope at some point you can come to see that you have your own artistic gift. Your work could hang proudly on a wall next to any of the other artists’ creations I’ve seen on Lit. I don’t hang erotic art on my walls but if I did, I would choose pieces like yours. Something about this one in particular reminds me of Chagall. You don’t need to apologize for anything.

One last thing; I happen to love the colors you chose for this piece!

I think this is fantastic work of art. You have your own unique style, which is very expressive and comes alive, at least for this viewer. In my opinion, it is some of the best art I’ve seen on Lit. True it isn’t photo realistic, but others do that so why should you be one more? There is only one artist whose work is like yours; it goes to a different place and I think comes from a different place. I hope at some point you can come to see that you have your own artistic gift. Your work could hang proudly on a wall next to any of the other artists’ creations I’ve seen on Lit. I don’t hang erotic art on my walls but if I did, I would choose pieces like yours. Something about this one in particular reminds me of Chagall. You don’t need to apologize for anything.

One last thing; I happen to love the colors you chose for this piece!
I have been slow to reply because I don’t know how to do so adequately. I have never imagined, for even a second, that someone might talk about my art in that way. Thank you, thank you so much.

I have been slow to reply because I don’t know how to do so adequately. I have never imagined, for even a second, that someone might talk about my art in that way. Thank you, thank you so much.
No need to say anything other than thank you which you’ve said? Thank YOU! I’m just stating my opinion (Which I happen to think in this case is correct but still…)

Claire

I posted the original a few weeks ago, and as soon as I did, I noticed that I had made a total mess of her left buttock. It has haunted me knowing it was posted but I didn’t want to delete it - good motivation! So I had to give it another shot, and this is the result. I think I have fixed her deformity!Snapseed.jpeg

Back