My Favorite Quotes

11-1.jpg

A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?

~ kahlil gibran

"I am appalled at the way some use the delicious word cunt as a derogatory term. It is clearly a thing of beauty, a vessel, a chalice, a divine and necessary part of all women. Without it there would be no human race. Why then waste it as a curse word? It belittles the user, rather than the recipient."

Susan Delgario

Life is nothing but a dream that we never awake from until we die then we start a new life from the ashes of another.

Mr_Grim.jpg

6e689490.jpg

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

~ Plato

Last edited:
We don't receive wisdom; we must
discover it for ourselves after a journey
that no one can take for us or spare us.

Marcel Proust

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is
the disease of people feeling unloved.

~ Princess Diana

1l_81bd6c7352ae4de1a7afa5b955005a08.jpg

There's Nothing That Can't Be Done If We
Raise Our Voice As One.

~ MJ

gratday4.gif

To believe is to know that every day is a new beginning. It is to trust that miracles happen, and dreams really do come true.

To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds, To know the wonder of a stardust sky and the wisdom of the man in the moon.

To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart, The innocence of a child's eyes and the beauty of an aging hand, for it is through their teachings we learn to love.

To believe is to find the strength and courage that lies within us. When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.

To believe is to know we are not alone, That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it. To believe is to know that wonderful surprises are just waiting to happen, And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.

If only we believe.

~ Unknown ~

Let Me be Mad

O incomparable Giver of life, cut reason loose at last!

Let it wander grey-eyed from vanity to vanity.

Shatter open my skull, pour in it the wine of madness!

Let me be mad, as You; mad with You, with us.

Beyond the sanity of fools is a burning desert

Where Your sun is whirling in every atom:

Beloved, drag me there, let me roast in Perfection!

~ Rumi

The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.

~ Shirley MacLaine

And for a long time there will live on earth those timid, fearful, and hesitant individuals who will prefer thus to secure their religious consolations, even though, in so casting their lot with the religions of authority, they compromise the sovereignty of personality, debase the dignity of self-respect, and utterly surrender the right to participate in that most thrilling and inspiring of all possible human experiences: the personal quest for truth, the exhilaration of facing the perils of intellectual discovery, the determination to explore the realities of personal religious experience, the supreme satisfaction of experiencing the personal triumph of the actual realization of the victory of spiritual faith over intellectual doubt as it is honestly won in the supreme adventure of all human existence--man seeking God, for himself and as himself, and finding him.

The religion of the spirit means effort, struggle, conflict, faith, determination, love, loyalty, and progress. The religion of the mind--the theology of authority--requires little or none of these exertions from its formal believers. Tradition is a safe refuge and an easy path for those fearful and halfhearted souls who instinctively shun the spirit struggles and mental uncertainties associated with those faith voyages of daring adventure out upon the high seas of unexplored truth in search for the farther shores of spiritual realities as they may be discovered by the progressive human mind and experienced by the evolving human soul.

Yep.

JAB out :)

"This hobble of being alive is rather serious, don’t you think so?"
Thomas Hardy - Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Back