MSWord Fucking Did It Again...

Dropbox is no winner! Sync has never worked and if I don't manually update (which I forget)... no joy!

Dropbox is no winner! Sync has never worked and if I don't manually update (which I forget)... no joy!
I manually add things. I don't really wanna sync things like that, because it might save stuff I don't want, like Google photos for example; last time I had a phone with it was three phones ago, it was the only album on this phone, and had shit saved from every phone between this one and the last one that had it.

I have four and they aren't anything to brag about. The one I wrote on specifically was old when I got it, runs WinXP. I have one that runs like shit because it was upgraded from Vista to Win10 I believe(not by me) and well... let's say it's a constant brain anurism for it. I was going to use it to make music. One runs 8 or 7(the os built for the Nokia Lumia) and needs to be plugged in the tv. The fourth has a dead cmos battery, no actual battery or wifi card, otherwise is fine. I use the power cord from the first one to use it. I'm Mr. Empty Sacks.
Nerd alert:
- the cmos battery is quite possibly/likely only six small screws away, and is (almost) certainly just a cr-2032 or cr-2016 battery, available anywhere. (It varies. fancier ultra light devices might be much more involved disassemblies). A quick internet search for “your model disassembly” will lead to many YouTube videos on how to. if lucky it’s just the back cover.

- if lucky, (do some internet searches) the spot for a WiFi card is also right there in the open. The card itself won’t be more than $20. If unlucky it’s deeper inside.

- old and slow: applies to lots of people: the trifecta, or sometimes just two out of three, of disabling telemetry, superfetch, and search can make a slow pc less slow again.

Nerd alert:
- the cmos battery is quite possibly/likely only six small screws away, and is (almost) certainly just a cr-2032 or cr-2016 battery, available anywhere. (It varies. fancier ultra light devices might be much more involved disassemblies). A quick internet search for “your model disassembly” will lead to many YouTube videos on how to. if lucky it’s just the back cover.

- if lucky, (do some internet searches) the spot for a WiFi card is also right there in the open. The card itself won’t be more than $20. If unlucky it’s deeper inside.

- old and slow: applies to lots of people: the trifecta, or sometimes just two out of three, of disabling telemetry, superfetch, and search can make a slow pc less slow again.
It's slow because the OS is too big for it. Vista is constantly taxing the ram, it needs at least 10gigs of ram, this laptop has 6. It needs to be downgraded.

I thought about it since it appeared on my phone yesterday after the system update. Word autosaves, too. Docs is just unorganized to me without the ability to put everything in folders.
You can put things into folders on Google Docs

It's slow because the OS is too big for it. Vista is constantly taxing the ram, it needs at least 10gigs of ram, this laptop has 6. It needs to be downgraded.
Perchance, former debate team member in high school? You’ve chosen to debate three, perhaps more people who offered various ideas. Don’t ask if you’re gonna argue with people offering ideas.

Tapping head like The Godfather. We’ll remember.

Also, in spite of saying this, I’m not looking to belabor the point. I’ll point out that some folks say “thanks,” and leave it at that.

P.S. with surprising frequency, for people suffering the common 100% disk usage problem that suffocates their computer into being almost unusable, the “disable superfetch and telemetry” thing often makes their computers usable again. Not yours of course, you’ll tell me that for sure. But for many other folks.

Perchance, former debate team member in high school? You’ve chosen to debate three, perhaps more people who offered various ideas. Don’t ask if you’re gonna argue with people offering ideas.

Tapping head like The Godfather. We’ll remember.

Also, in spite of saying this, I’m not looking to belabor the point. I’ll point out that some folks say “thanks,” and leave it at that.

P.S. with surprising frequency, for people suffering the common 100% disk usage problem that suffocates their computer into being almost unusable, the “disable superfetch and telemetry” thing often makes their computers usable again. Not yours of course, you’ll tell me that for sure. But for many other folks.
I'm not trying to debate anybody, honestly, or argue. On my phone, the similar threads at the bottom, the first one is my thread where this happened in March I Am Done With MSWord Mobile, some of the suggestions were already suggested, tried and failed in that thread- which I was trying to state in my first post, so those wouldn't be repeated. I'm generally not an antogonistic user here and don't try to be. I've only ever really argued with two people here; Safe_Bet and Lovecraft, and once I think had a disagreement with Keith on his other account. The latter two I sought to make peace with, because I don't want any enemies here. Plus... who hasn't argued with Lovecraft or Keith? Somebody did try and help, and I thanked them profusely for doing so, even though it didn't work, and trusted them with the file. If I came off as a dick, I'm sorry, it was unsettling, annoying, and tugged on my depression. It happened within the seconds it took to switch to another app and back, the span of about twenty seconds. The only person I can blame is myself for not doing any manual saves, because I lulled since I had zero problems since march.

The computer stuff was just us going off on other tangents as we do. I hope I didn't offend her over that, I certainly had no malicious intent, or negative emotions toward her or her advice. The issue with it, however is true and it's main problem. Other than about twenty or so pictures and a few music files and Firefox, everthing on that laptop is factory software. High school was a long time ago, but I did major in CompTech. I had already talked to two other tech geeks about it and it's easy to find processor and RAM requirements for Vista and Win10- the laptop shouldn't even work, much less, as bad and slow as it does. As the only one most convenient to use, I use it to transfer music from my phone to a thumbdrive, it takes about five minutes to see the phones sd card and anywhere from a few seconds to nearly two minutes to transfer. The laptop is basically using almost all its power just to run Vista. Picture your typical 1ton pickup truck, them swap the diesel for any midsize sedan 4banger and try to tow 8k lbs with it. Oh wait... that was you too, I feel the same about you as her.

For the other user I think you're talking about; well their comment made no sense at all. And it was a bit annoying to be told I should just find the joy of writing and not concern myself of what the readers think, over a story that's major problem is nobody will be able to read it, because the file is fucked and I can't finish it, so the comment was both pointless and not applicable to the problem at hand, since the fix I'm looking for isn't the contents of the story for appeal, but to literally fix the story itself. After a while I did have the thought that maybe they responded to the wrong thread. Of course anybody who pays attention to me knows, that's not a problem I have, despite the fact that all I write is for exposure, so when I get around to selling stories, I'm not seeking approval by catering, but from those who like what I write because I write it.

Back