'Most likely to...'

Honestly, I don't recall a meal that I did not enjoy, though there have been plenty that I thought could have been much better. I suppose there are things that I might not ask for, though that's usually because I would rather eat something more interesting or with less fatty ingredients.

The only "food" that I have knowingly refused to eat are Twinkies and Ho Hos, but not because I don't think I'd like them. It's just a matter of principle now; as much as I'd like to live a lot longer, I'd rather eat real food and less preservative.

Okay, fair enough. I'm sure you haven't eaten everything there is to eat in the world, so I'm pretty sure eventually you'd find something you didn't like.

I just bristle when someone calls me a picky eater. It's not fair. People everywhere choose the foods they like, and don't eat stuff they don't like. Automatically, everyone "picks" the food they want.

Just because I don't like fish, doesn't mean I have an immature palette.

when we were kids we used to fight over who got to eat the eyes from grilled trout. I can't believe I just typed that.

Are they good?

I like chicken gizzard and neck to this day - if they're good I'll re-think.

I eat a lot of things a lot of people would consider disgusting.

More for me.

Okay, fair enough. I'm sure you haven't eaten everything there is to eat in the world, so I'm pretty sure eventually you'd find something you didn't like.

I just bristle when someone calls me a picky eater. It's not fair. People everywhere choose the foods they like, and don't eat stuff they don't like. Automatically, everyone "picks" the food they want.

Picky is a relative term. I think it generally means "anyone who chooses not to eat foods that I enjoy" or something like that. And I don't think anyone here used the term "immature palate" to my knowledge.

Not liking fish just means you can't be a lesbian. :devil:

Well, someone had to say it. Of course, pussy actually tastes a lot more like garlic butter, but whatever.

Picky is a relative term. I think it generally means "anyone who chooses not to eat foods that I enjoy" or something like that. And I don't think anyone here used the term "immature palate" to my knowledge.

Picky is a relative term! That's what I was saying, silly boy! :p

Not liking fish just means you can't be a lesbian. :devil:

Um, gross! :eek: And I'm not a lesbian, I'm pansexual. That's even better.

Picky is a relative term! That's what I was saying, silly boy! :p

Actually, you said that everyone is picky because everyone "picks" their [chosen] food.

But picky certainly is relative: some of the pickiest people in the world seem to be related to me.

Actually, you said that everyone is picky because everyone "picks" their [chosen] food.

But picky certainly is relative: some of the pickiest people in the world seem to be related to me.

Okay, I can see this conversation's going nowhere fast. Just nevermind, kay? :rolleyes:

Are they good?

More for me.

I can't get past the smell on chicken gizzards and livers. I'm not a fan of organ meat in general though. It puts me off. I don't find it disgusting, I just don't choose it. As a result, I can eat things like haggis (largely organ meat) and not be revolted. The taste and smell is utterly different than the usual organ meat profile.

I am not choosy about foods.

There was a misadventure with flaming absinthe and my windpipe/tongue/sinuses that limit my sense of taste a wee bit.

Are they good?

More for me.

I can't remember to be honest. My father used to make a big deal out them being the best bits (along with the parson's nose) just to get us kids to fight over something that was normally discarded, I think. They certainly weren't gross.

what the fuck part is a gizzard?

I have become less picky as I get older. the only stuff I really refuse to eat are offal, wild baby animals (I know they taste good but I really prefer to eat stuff that has reproduced), fish eggs and anything that is still alive. even then, if someone who doesn't know me made me a meal of wild baby boars kidneys in sheep-eye stew with a caviar and live oyster starter I'd eat it. but not the oysters.

I've changed my mind, DGE, you aren't funny at all...
Now get upstairs and do your homework!
:rolleyes:

You're a mean mom. All the other parents let their kids go on sex discussion boards.

Heck yea.

Me in my black leather pants (to accentuate the "bulge") and you in your see-through black mesh shirt showing off your abs.

We were a force to be reckoned with! We had all the subbies from Abercrombie & Fitch to Hot Topic to the food court on lock.

Good times, bro. Good times.

Those were good times. Hanging at the California Chicken Gizzard Kitchen and Auntie Anne's Grilled Trout Eyes.

Rock on!

I'm veggie so most would say I'm very choosy about foods.

The only meat I've eaten on purpose was sweetbreads (I believe it's called) once at a very upscale restaurant.

Meat I've eaten by accident includes tuna (cats bowl while crawling and a baby) , a hot dog (was supposed to be a veggie dog, three days of vomiting on that un) and bacon (fed to me by woman who was trying to keep me from crying after second degree burns).

However I reserve the right to eat anything and everything any damn time I change my mind. It's not likely to happen but WTF, I might. LOL.

:rose:

Meat I've eaten by accident includes tuna (cats bowl while crawling and a baby) , a hot dog (was supposed to be a veggie dog, three days of vomiting on that un) and bacon (fed to me by woman who was trying to keep me from crying after second degree burns).

However I reserve the right to eat anything and everything any damn time I change my mind. It's not likely to happen but WTF, I might. LOL.

You ate out of the cat's bowl?! That's adorable.

I have a story related to that actually. Well kind of. Okay, I just feel like sharing.

Tonight, I had a dinner date with one of my students, who wanted to take me to the steakhouse right next to campus. I scoped it out in advance and saw that there were a couple of vegetarian items, and a salad bar, so I figured it was okay.

So we get there, and she's helping me with the menu (no English version), and she's pointing out okay, here is the teriyaki grilled chicken, blah blah, whatever. Of course most Japanese menus have pictures, so I didn't need the help, but I was letting her. The waiter came to take our order, and I ordered the pasta. The picture showed there was meat with it, so I pointed to each little scrap and gestured "no" and all was well.

Of course my student was puzzled, so I explained, oh, I don't eat meat. She was like...huh? Why not? Well, because I love animals. She said "ohhh...you should try it, the food here is really good!" I smiled and said yeah, maybe, someday... :D

Now, the truth is that I think about eating meat pretty often. At least once every few months, I get the idea into my head that I want to eat meat. I've been doing this for a few years now. About a year ago, I went so far as to make a bowl of chicken noodle soup...I took one bite and passed it off to my wife. The piece I had was about the size of my pinky toenail, but I was still horrified and couldn't eat it.

So yeah, sure, I'm going to chow down at the steakhouse now!

LOL

which is why the alt thing makes no sense... whilst you guys were wearing such fashion trends, I was probably still in nappies (diapers) :p

Hey, what you and DeepGreenEyes' dad do in the bedroom is your business. I don't need to hear about your diaper play. And I doubt your son wants to hear about it either! :p

Hey, what you and DeepGreenEyes' dad do in the bedroom is your business. I don't need to hear about your diaper play. And I doubt your son wants to hear about it either! :p

Looks like I'll have to find -two- new people who make me laugh instead :p

Yes. I was raised veggie. So I guess my parents didn't know babies will eat anything they can get thier mouths around.

I know what you mean about steak houses and that sort of thing. I'm always surprised at how strange not eating meat is to most folks.

Usually, people I eat with don't ever know I'm veggie. I've even dated people for years before they figured it out! LOL.

I guess they just think I'm a cheap date and/or dieting when I order the salad and baked potato.

FF

You ate out of the cat's bowl?! That's adorable.

I have a story related to that actually. Well kind of. Okay, I just feel like sharing.

Tonight, I had a dinner date with one of my students, who wanted to take me to the steakhouse right next to campus. I scoped it out in advance and saw that there were a couple of vegetarian items, and a salad bar, so I figured it was okay.

So we get there, and she's helping me with the menu (no English version), and she's pointing out okay, here is the teriyaki grilled chicken, blah blah, whatever. Of course most Japanese menus have pictures, so I didn't need the help, but I was letting her. The waiter came to take our order, and I ordered the pasta. The picture showed there was meat with it, so I pointed to each little scrap and gestured "no" and all was well.

Of course my student was puzzled, so I explained, oh, I don't eat meat. She was like...huh? Why not? Well, because I love animals. She said "ohhh...you should try it, the food here is really good!" I smiled and said yeah, maybe, someday... :D

Now, the truth is that I think about eating meat pretty often. At least once every few months, I get the idea into my head that I want to eat meat. I've been doing this for a few years now. About a year ago, I went so far as to make a bowl of chicken noodle soup...I took one bite and passed it off to my wife. The piece I had was about the size of my pinky toenail, but I was still horrified and couldn't eat it.

So yeah, sure, I'm going to chow down at the steakhouse now!

LOL

I can't get past the smell on chicken gizzards and livers. I'm not a fan of organ meat in general though. It puts me off. I don't find it disgusting, I just don't choose it. As a result, I can eat things like haggis (largely organ meat) and not be revolted. The taste and smell is utterly different than the usual organ meat profile.

I file that under have never had, but would.

I mean I *like* kishkes this isn't that much of a stretch.

I can't remember to be honest. My father used to make a big deal out them being the best bits (along with the parson's nose) just to get us kids to fight over something that was normally discarded, I think. They certainly weren't gross.

what the fuck part is a gizzard?

I have become less picky as I get older. the only stuff I really refuse to eat are offal, wild baby animals (I know they taste good but I really prefer to eat stuff that has reproduced), fish eggs and anything that is still alive. even then, if someone who doesn't know me made me a meal of wild baby boars kidneys in sheep-eye stew with a caviar and live oyster starter I'd eat it. but not the oysters.

It's in the bag of giblets, kind of a lumpy non descript thing - birds eat sand that goes in here and grinds up their feed as they don't have teeth. The sand isn't in it when they're butchered. It's kind of randomly chickeny and tasty. The Chosen use every part of the chicken, I guess.

Last edited:
I'm glad it's not "most likely for me to picture smeared in giblets"
I don't even know what giblets look like, so that would be hard to do.

This one's not as distracting as that one with you reclining with your arm over your head, looking back at the camera with that come-hither look. But still, it's confusing enough!

I don't even know what giblets look like, so that would be hard to do.

This one's not as distracting as that one with you reclining with your arm over your head, looking back at the camera with that come-hither look. But still, it's confusing enough!

Uh oh. He's sub-curious now. And it's all your fault, Netz!!! :D:D

Back