Modern Day Fairy Tale Chain

You could do a girl that was adopted into a family that she looks nothing like. She could be asian and they caucasian. It would be more a story of self discovery and in the end she sees herself the way others do, beautiful, dispite and because of her differences.

just an idea.

Great idea.:)

Okay, added Prince and the Pauper and changed your name to D_K_Moon, Bri...

now I just have to finish before tomorrow... is it bad I just started writing yesterday? :eek:

eek!

You sound like me, always waiting til the last minute. :p

Yeah, well, now I'm paying for it. :x Thought I'd have plenty of time this week, but fate decided to deliver the chicken pox upon us!! :eek:

I'm not done... I was hoping slyc and I could switch, but since he's had tragedy strike this week :( that isn't going to happen either...

I'm going to push everything back a week... I hope this doesn't really screw anyone up... and I apologize!!

Yeah, well, now I'm paying for it. :x Thought I'd have plenty of time this week, but fate decided to deliver the chicken pox upon us!! :eek:

I'm not done... I was hoping slyc and I could switch, but since he's had tragedy strike this week :( that isn't going to happen either...

I'm going to push everything back a week... I hope this doesn't really screw anyone up... and I apologize!!

Life happens, darlin. :kiss::kiss::kiss: and hugs (I've had the chicken pox).

I know this sounds like a curse, but may everyone have the pox at the same time.

When my oldest 3 were young, they had it back to back. We didn't go anywhere for over a month!

Life happens, darlin. :kiss::kiss::kiss: and hugs (I've had the chicken pox).

I know this sounds like a curse, but may everyone have the pox at the same time.

When my oldest 3 were young, they had it back to back. We didn't go anywhere for over a month!

Luckily they both caught it from someone else around the same time, so we are doing simultaneous pox! That's a blessing at least...

Forgot to add:

EVERYONE MAKE NOTE OF THEIR NEW SUBMISSION DATE!

:rose:

Okay, added Prince and the Pauper and changed your name to D_K_Moon, Bri...

now I just have to finish before tomorrow... is it bad I just started writing yesterday? :eek:

eek!

Oh, and put me down for Jack and the Beanstalk...

Yes! It is bad that you just started writing. Maybe we should spank you. :D

If it helps anyone, mine is finished bar editing. So I can always move up the list if needs be. :)

ETA: Calamine lotion - bath them in it. Chicken pox is not fun. You have my sympathies. :rose:

Last edited:
:eek:
Oral benadryl for the kiddies unless it hypes them up. C Pox sucks big time. Not a problem with the deadline change! Hope the itchies stop soon!!!;)

Oh yikes! Sorry to hear about the pox on the kiddies. That's got to really suck! When we had it as kids, my sister had it worse than I did. She got it on the inside of her throat... so she got lots of ice cream.

No worries on the changes here - still trying to figure out m y story line.

Chicken pox, eh? Must be global - I've been expecting my boys to get them since the beginning of the year, several school friends and members of their sports team have had them, but so far the boys have dodged them (daughter had them years ago).

I'm going to have to pull my story, at least until a later deadline crops up, hopefully sometime in August when I might have some time. My heart's just not in it right now.

Chicken Pox - oo something to look forward to in a few years - not! Actually I got chicken pox when I was 18 months old. My mom told me it was not a pleasant experience. Then I got it again at 7.
My story is done but the new submission dates are fine.

Erin

Hubbie apparently never had the chicken pox. We thought he had (he thought he had, anyway) but in talking to his mom, we found out he never did.

And now he's getting the adult version. Which is awful. :(

Needless to say, no time to shower let alone write, with three sickos in the house, so Rachlou has generously offered to go first and switch with me (thank you, Angel!! :kiss: )

Schedule updated to reflect the change...

next in line, Willie... are you ready, Slyc?
Then Emerald.. how are you coming?

p.s. Drk, I added Jack and the Beanstalk as your story - great choice! Trom, I took you off the schedule... lmk if you change your mind!

Best wishes to you and the spotty ones, Selena - hope they don;t run you too ragged looking after them!
x
V

Hooray! The Little Mermaid decided to cooperate with me! I should have the story finished in a few days; I'm about halfway now, I think.

Trom, I took you off the schedule... lmk if you change your mind!

I still want to do it, but that date is way too soon for me. Plus I'm still really upset about my last attempted submission being pretty much shot dead. *sigh* If you could hold the Sorcerer's Apprentice for me I'd appreciate it. :)

Hubbie apparently never had the chicken pox. We thought he had (he thought he had, anyway) but in talking to his mom, we found out he never did.

And now he's getting the adult version. Which is awful. :(

Needless to say, no time to shower let alone write, with three sickos in the house, so Rachlou has generously offered to go first and switch with me (thank you, Angel!! :kiss: )

Schedule updated to reflect the change...

next in line, Willie... are you ready, Slyc?
Then Emerald.. how are you coming?

p.s. Drk, I added Jack and the Beanstalk as your story - great choice! Trom, I took you off the schedule... lmk if you change your mind!

Comming along right on schedule. The second one "The Swan Sisters" is also comming along pretty well. I will try to get it finished asap so that if someone has a prob. it can be slipped in.

We are the house of sickness at the moment also . My 7 yr old has pnemonia.

Last edited:
Ok. My story is ready to submit. But I can't access my submission page! There must be gremlins playing in the system because it's been unavailable for a few hours. Grr. Unless it sorts itself out soon, i'll have to submit tomorrow. :(

Sorry, Selena. . .

As soon as it has been submitted, i'll let you know. :kiss:

Ok. My story is ready to submit. But I can't access my submission page! There must be gremlins playing in the system because it's been unavailable for a few hours. Grr. Unless it sorts itself out soon, i'll have to submit tomorrow. :(

Sorry, Selena. . .

As soon as it has been submitted, i'll let you know. :kiss:

And mine will definitely be submitted on Saturday. :D

And mine will definitely be submitted on Saturday. :D

Good boy.;)

Yay! The first story in the chain has just been submitted. Finally!! At least something good came of my insomnia. Five in the morning here and i'm on Lit. Hmm. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: In the spirit of the Once upon a time beginning, I added, ...lived happily ever after... at the end of my story. Don't know if anyone else wishes to do the same, but I thought it wrapped it up better.

Last edited:
Good boy.;)

Yay! The first story in the chain has just been submitted. Finally!! At least something good came of my insomnia. Five in the morning here and i'm on Lit. Hmm. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: In the spirit of the Once upon a time beginning, I added, ...lived happily ever after... at the end of my story. Don't know if anyone else wishes to do the same, but I thought it wrapped it up better.

Oh I love that "happily ever after" idea! :cathappy:

Thanks so much for submitting and switching for me, you're a doll! :kiss:

I'll hold SA for you, Trom, and I'm glad you got yours done, slyc, and everyone sounds like they're plodding along! woot!

Can't wait to start reading! :)

Oh I love that "happily ever after" idea! :cathappy:

Thanks so much for submitting and switching for me, you're a doll! :kiss:

I'll hold SA for you, Trom, and I'm glad you got yours done, slyc, and everyone sounds like they're plodding along! woot!

Can't wait to start reading! :)

Thank you! :)

Strangely enough, "Happily Ever After" sort'a fits with my story, even if it is (at least I think so) a pretty twisted take on the classic.

To be submited tomorrow, as promised. ;)

Back