Miscellaneous political debris

The decision was reportedly made on Saturday, one day after Wikileaks published nearly 20,000 internal DNC emails, several of which suggest the DNC supported Clinton over Sanders and even took actions to derail the Sanders campaign.

Shortly before news broke that Schultz would be stepping down from her position as DNC chairwoman, Sanders called on her to resign in an interview with ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/dnc-wikileaks-emails/index.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...c-chief-to-resign-while-still-backing-clinton

gsgs comment-

Ralph Nader had a wonderful time, as a spoiler. Bernie knew he was not the top choice.

I was not certain, but when listening to the 2016 Ohio GOP Convention, I was almost certain, that I heard some licks from a Rolling Stones song.

"...(Mr. HWMNBN) rather cryptically walked out to the Rolling Stones’s “You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” one of the least likely campaign songs in memory."

Rolling Stones do not endorse Donald Trump. You Can't Always Get What You Want was used without the band's permission.

— The Rolling Stones (@RollingStones) July 22, 2016
The Rolling Stones have continuously asked Trump to refrain from using their music. In May, Trump walked out for his Indiana primary victory speech to “Start Me Up,” with a rep for the band telling Billboard at the time, “The Rolling Stones have never given permission to the Trump campaign to use their songs. [The band] have requested that they cease all use immediately.”

Watch Stephen Colbert Bum-Rush the Stage at the Republican National Convention

Prior to Trump’s campaign use of “Start Me Up,” The Stones made public their distaste for the use of “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” and “Brown Sugar” during Trump's campaign. The Rolling Stones are one of many artists who have asked Trump to stay clear of their hits while campaigning for the presidency, including Adele and R.E.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...d-trump-rnc-you-cant-always-get-what-you-want

Why do the Rolling Stones dislike Mr. HWSNBN ?
He made a deal. He lied and went behind their backs to betray them.
He deflected blame.
Mr. HWMNBN has placed other business partners in submission to his will...
Fucked them over, ripped them off, and left them sputtering...

"Mr. HWMNBN agreed to pay concert promoter Michael Cohl an upfront site fee so he could stage The Rolling Stones’s Steel Wheels tour on worldwide pay-per-view."

Mr. HWMNBN hijacked the press conference for the Rolling Stones, to promote himself, etc. Not only did he break his word that he would stay away, and not attempt to associate himself with the Rolling Stones, he pulled his trick, got caught and sent away. To add insult to injury, he returned and pulled the same trick. He got caught a second time. (Cohl returned to the dressing room, only to hear that Trump was at it, again.)

The Rolling Stones fired Mr.HWMNBN. Mr. HWMNBN broke the contract. They were in the right.

What did Mr. HWMNBN say, when he was fired ?

“You don’t know anything! Your guys suck! I promote Mike Tyson! I promote heavyweight fights!”

"6:40 p.m. slot on the national evening news was going to be an interview with the Stones to talk about and promote the pay-per-view. At about 5:50 p.m. I get word that I have to come to the press room in the next building. I run to the press room in the next building and what do you think is happening? There’s Donald Trump giving a press conference, in our room!"

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...truly-telling-story-includes-goons-and-knives

http://theslot.jezebel.com/the-rolling-stones-have-loathed-donald-trump-for-a-long-1784150045

Mr. HWMNBN has had a long history of self promotion, getting sued, and behaving like a jerk.

Mr. HWMNBN is single minded.
He will do anything, say anything, be anything, to get what he wants.

He has dragged the Rolling Stones into this mess. I hope that they sue him.

Fox TV and Friend

"the only mention of Khan's speech on the Fox News site appears to be this Fox Business Channel video of two Muslim Trump supporters responding to his remarks; one credits Trump for forcing Democrats to address Muslim issues and the other criticizes Obama for not using the phrase "radical Islam.")

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...megyn_kelly_over_muslim_soldier_s_father.html

"when Khan pulled a copy of the Constitution out of his pocket, challenged Trump to read it, and declared that the GOP nominee had "sacrificed nothing and no one" for the United States"

gsgs comment-

What gave Khan the right to say what he said in his speech ?

(his) son Humayun was killed in Iraq in 2004. (Humayun Khan, an Army captain, was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.)

FOX News ignored a speech by the father of U.S. Army Captain Humayun Khan, who was killed in 2004 in the Iraq war, instead opting to air commercials during the speech. Fox later went live to a song by pop singer Katy Perry after the speech.

During the final night of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, PA, Khizr Khan spoke about the honor he felt to be present at the convention with his wife, “as patriotic American Muslims with undivided loyalty to our country.” Khan’s speech was preceded by a video that showed Hillary Clinton calling Captain Khan “the best of America” and explaining the circumstances of his death, for which he was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

http://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...-anti-trump-speech-democratic-national/212012

FOX TV wanted a share of the attention.
FOX TV had the chance to do a favor for Mr. HWMNBN.
FOX TV censored an American.

Mr. HWMNBN demonstrated his willingness to commit treason against an American.

Perfect match.

Both Khan and the Mothers of the Movement were moments in which the Democratic National Convention insisted that America is and must be more inclusive than Donald Trump wants it to be. And Fox News had no time for them.

http://www.dailykos.com

Karma will catch up to you, mother fucker! Is there nothing, that you will not exploit for attention ? You spread your slime and poison over everything.

He was the fire starter,” Salaam said of Trump

"Common citizens were being manipulated and swayed into believing that we were guilty.”

Wednesday 17 February 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...k-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york

Yusef Salaam was 15 years old when Donald Trump demanded his execution for a crime he did not commit. Salaam, who said he had been scarred for life by his experiences in prison, also felt insulted. But it was the announcement last June that Trump had finally decided to run for president that was, in a way, more alarming.

To see that he has not changed his position of being a hateful person, to see that he has not changed his position of inciting people, to see that he’s still the same person and in many ways he has perfected his sense of being that number-one inciter, you know, I was scared,” Salaam said.

He was unsurprised that Trump currently leads polling averages by nearly 20 points in South Carolina, a state that votes for the Republican nomination on Saturday and where only last year the Confederate flag was withdrawn from the state house grounds.

I thought for a moment: What would this country look like with Donald Trump as being a president? That’s a scary thing,” Salaam said. “That’s a very scary thing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...k-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york

One of the five said it made him feel like he had a target on his back.

Maybe Donald has that feeling now.

*listens to the New York Times recording of Trump fans at Trump rally*

The sense of shame is absent.

The presence of the truth is absent.

Rage, hatred, and violence are fed, and the poison spills out, and into the world, outside.

Good job, Trumpy.

/end G.W. Bush voice simulation

Watched FoX for 5 min.
Find myself depressed. Go figure. A few quotes come to mind...

''God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh''. - Voltaire.
''If comedy is tragedy plus time, I need more fucking time''.- Jon Stewart.

The media is the fourth and strongest branch of the government.

Kenyan human rights activist and United Nations Special Rapporteur Maina Kiai released a scathing report late last month warning that racism in the U.S. ultimately impedes upon the basic rights of Americans — particularly Americans of color.

Wall Street bankers looted billions of dollars through crooked schemes, devastating the finances of millions of Americans and saddling taxpayers with a massive bailout bill,” Kiai wrote.

But no Wall Street executives were punished. “Instead, criminal justice resources go towards enforcing a different type of law and order, targeting primarily African-Americans and other minorities.”

Kiai's recent report

salon.com

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/08...racist-discriminatory-treatment-black-people/

June 22, 2016

A federal judge in Wyoming has struck down the Obama administration's regulations on hydraulic fracturing, ruling that the U.S. Bureau of Land Management doesn't have the authority to establish rules over fracking on federal and Indian lands.

U.S. District Judge Scott Skavdahl said Congress had not granted the BLM that power, and had instead chosen to specifically exclude fracking from federal oversight.

Those four states, along with the Ute Indian tribe, brought the issue to the court. And Skavdahl agreed that the BLM, a bureau of the Department of the Interior, had never been granted the authority to regulate fracking.

Skavdahl notes, it "expressly and unambiguously" excludes fracking from the list of oil and gas production processes that the EPA can regulate.

The BLM has attempted an end-run around the 2005 EP Act; however, regulation of an activity must be by Congressional authority, not administrative fiat," he writes. "The Court finds the intent of Congress is clear, so that is the end of the matter."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...kes-down-obama-administrations-fracking-rules

Environmental groups quickly applauded the SAB review and said they would push for the EPA to adopt the recommendations that the agency could theoretically dismiss. “By choosing politics over science, the EPA failed the public with its misleading and controversial line, dismissing fracking’s impacts on drinking water and sacrificing public health and welfare along the way,” said Hugh MacMillan, senior researcher at Food & Water Watch. “We are calling on the EPA to act quickly on the recommendations from the EPA SAB and be clear about fracking’s impacts on drinking water resources.”
The final EPA report could be published as early as next year.

https://thinkprogress.org/fracking-...ack-of-evidence-on-water-impacts-5b1d2e47420b

Heard a comment, on Greater Boston, that voiced the opinion, that they are amazed to see the banks returning to the same behaviours that caused the 2007 - 2008 Wall Street Crash.

This past Winter, I had heard a quick comment about the same thing.

Please explain this to me ?

President Obama is leaving office, soon.

The world economy is rocky, as it is...

Watching the LOTR DVD series.

I have paused, after I listened to Gandalf speak on Dragon sickness.

Galadriel resists the One Ring.

"And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair!”

She lifted up her hand and from the ring that she wore there issued a great light that illuminated her alone and left all else dark. She stood before Frodo seeming now tall beyond measurement, and beautiful beyond enduring, terrible and worshipful. Then she let her hand fall, and the light faded, and suddenly she laughed again, and lo! she was shrunken: a slender elf-woman, clad in simple white, whose gentle voice was soft and sad.

“I pass the test”, she said. “I will diminish, and go into the West and remain Galadriel.”

What would have happened, if she could not resist the call to monomania ?

Here is Donald Trump, following an ill shaped path.

Donald Trump started a presidential campaign because he wanted to sell his book.

Donald Trump nurtured the birther movement, because he wanted publicity for himself.

What is it, that is inside Trump, that the void exploits ?

Dishonesty.

He is the dishonest person that would join the effort to drag Jimmy Carter down.

Jimmy Carter has proven to be what he always was.

In Jimmy Carter's time, it was possible for such a man to be elected.

Treachery still lived on, after Nixon.

Galadriel: Mithrandir, why the Halfling?
Gandalf: Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I have found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I am afraid, and he gives me courage."

Barack Hussein Obama II rose through the ranks, and became President of the United States.

He is, what he always has been.

Hillary Clinton has risen through the ranks, and she may become President.

I cannot imagine what makes a Democrat face a future of incessant attacks and opposition from the Republicans.

"...new to the museum will be an expanded look at Nixon’s historic trip to China, including a photo of the handshake between Nixon and Chinese Premier Chou En-lai, the first direct contact the two countries had had in 23 years."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-nixon-library-reopening-20160816-snap-htmlstory.html

August 17, 2016

FDR evidently grasped the truth of the information-age maxim “Pics or it didn’t happen.” Many Americans knew Roosevelt was disabled, but he was determined they not perceive him as such.

Then, once Roosevelt was elected, his disability was, for the most part, no longer under discussion. How’d he manage it? For starters, few White House press secretaries have tyrannized D.C. reporters as thoroughly as Steve Early. Throughout FDR’s tenure, Early banned anyone seeking to snap a pic of the president in his wheelchair.

Secret Service agents more than once yanked film or plates from the camera of a misbehaving photog. As for inquiries into Roosevelt’s physical condition, they were invariably met with, “It’s not a story.”

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/c...drs-disability

When he ran for his fourth term in 1944, Roosevelt was 62 and his health became an issue for the first time in a decade.

Someone used this as a source for a quote.
They did not bother to post a link.

Washington Post

Right Turn

Opinion page

Why Hillary Clinton’s shadiness won’t be fatal

written by Jennifer Rubin

August 24, 2016

"The lesson they learn is invariably the wrong one: We can get away with it. They rationalize that it’s just the vast right-wing conspiracy at work — and the Republicans usually chip in by wildly overplaying their hand (e.g. asking her repetitive questions for 11 hours in a Benghazi hearing, demanding a special prosecutor)."

http://forum.literotica.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1225348

(Jennifer Rubin supports some people that are horrible, and associates with them. She is not very honest.)

Jennifer Rubin: Obama 'Not a Good Person' for Talking About Racism, Which 'Most Americans Have Never Personally Experienced':

Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin and NewsMax radio host Steve Malzberg yesterday spent an entire interview complaining that President Obama focuses too much on race while also ignoring problems in the black community. According to Rubin, racism effectively ended with the repeal of Jim Crow laws and no one experiences racism these days, except for Obama who seeks to use race “as a crutch or a method of stirring up his base.” [...]

Rubin explained that Obama’s recent remarks on race prove that he is “the absolute worst.”

“I do not think that this man is a good person,” Rubin said. “He wants to incite people and to rally people for political ends; that is not a good person.”

http://crooksandliars.com/heather/jennifer-rubin-obama-not-good-person-talki

Mar 26, 2015

Mike Pence blamed national outrage over the law on the media

Pence said. "I understand the concerns that have been raised by some, because frankly, some in the media have tried to make this about one issue or another."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ign-religious-freedom-bill-thursday/70448858/

The labor movement, however, has been pummeled for more than three decades, ever since Ronald Reagan made a big symbolic deal in 1981 of firing striking air traffic controllers. A stronger workers' movement, not just of minimum wage workers but of all wage and salary workers, would compel corporations to offer a lot more than an additional dollar an hour.

By the same token, the strength of the environmental movement produces a nice rendezvous with Walmart's cynical desire to change the subject to anything but wages. So Walmart becomes a champion of green supply chains. Once again, the movement came first.

Yes, there are a handful of corporations whose founders are genuine progressives, outfits like Ben & Jerry's or the Body Shop. But for the most part, corporations sometimes pursue decent policies not because CEOs are progressives but because they are responding to pressure--either the direct pressure of campaigns for better wages or LGBT rights or the indirect pressure of changing public opinion. But someone had to go to the trouble of organizing such pressure.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...gay-rights-their-behavior-disgraceful-overall

Apr 1, 2015

What Mike Pence does

In October, after weeks of work by members within his own administration, Pence quietly killed a grant application that was almost guaranteed to bring Indiana tens of millions of federal dollars for preschool programs. The money would have given thousands of low-income families and at-risk children access to high-quality, life-changing early learning programs.

The governor, caught flat-footed when the story broke, tied his decision to concerns about "strings" attached to the federal money. But time and again he could not offer one specific requirement or string that troubled him. He could not explain why he spiked an application that was little different than one he'd approved a year earlier and that experts on programs for children within his own administration supported.

http://www.indystar.com/story/opini...31/tully-mike-pence-league-governor/70746540/

"Then came Thursday, and word that Gov. Mike Pence's administration had made the surprise, last-minute and largely unexplained decision not to apply for a federal education grant that could have brought Indiana up to $80 million more to spend on preschool programs for low-income and at risk childern."

gsgs comment-

Massachusetts has a Republican alliance, at the top of the food chain.
Not unusual, because Massachusetts needs to have Republican network connections to Washington.

The For Profit charter schools want a bigger chunk of federal money, at the expense of public schools.

We have had charter school that were funded by grants and charity money.
These were ethical and moral efforts, providing help to disadvantaged children
Boston schools have lost funding because of budget cuts.
The children had to go to the Gold Dome state house to ask for the return of the most basic needs

We may be a tiny state, but we have large populations centered in urban areas.

Massachusetts is the only state that stood against Nixon, when he campaigned to get elected for a second term.

We had a balance, between the voice of people that live in Massachusetts, and the politicians that are allied against reality.

I fear that balance has been lost.

The extreme branches of the Right Wing Republicans use the dog whistle of "Special Interests" as a war cry against minorities, unions, and anyone that does not agree with their policies. They leave out special business interests, and special interests of their own party.

http://www.collegemediamatters.com/...agazine-spurs-campus-rally-charges-of-racism/

What does it appear to be ?

"...a black student and female student weirdly stuffed inside a (mutilated) animal (that is ) being beaten by two white male students."

(The cartoon is so badly drawn, the main object of interest appears to be a bizarre hybrid animal/ human form of Dr. Dolittle's Pushme Pullme double headed llama.

(A head at the front, and a head at the rear.)

A man that may be a member of the minority, has had his body stuffed into the opening where the beheaded horse's neck should be .

The male minority student appears to be dead, as his eyes have an X in each eye. The man's head rests on the ground, outside of the horse.

The decapitated head of the horse lays on the ground, next to him.

Someone cut the legs off of the horse, and performed a bizarre form of decorative restorative surgery on the legs. Very pretty stumps, that look like upholstery arms of a couch, or sofa.

It appears as if someone has stuffed the body of a blonde female student into the rectum or vagina of the horse.

Because of the perspective, the rump of the horse blocks the view. The girl's long blonde hair is the only part of her we can see. One is left to assume that the girl's head is,resting on the ground. (If it had been drawn correctly, it would have been clear that it was the horse's tail.)

This is a disturbing vision, but what makes it worse, is that two young men in business suits, prep school uniforms, are beating the dead student and he girl.

Standing in the foreground, facing the viewer, are a white male student and a white female student, dressed in casual clothes.

They are sharing the cartoon's punchline.

What were the cartoonist's intentions ?

Was the strange version of a horse's body meant to be a depiction of a man in a horse costume ?
Perhaps that is why people were mislead into interpreting the tail as the long hair of a blonde ?

"The intent of the drawing was to criticize the Heckler."

"The Voice team obviously felt the Heckler article crossed the line, thus the image of the Heckler editors as overzealous and mean-spirited."

The intent was to illustrate the victors of the vote, as using the Heckler newspaper and Satire in a un-necessarily cruel and disrespectful way. They had won the election!
Why thrash a dead issue ?

(The newly elected student leaders that were depicted as beating the horrible and grotesque creation, are also editors of a satirical outlet called The Georgetown Heckler.)

"...we were not expecting a response like this."

Racist ? Sexist ? Misogynistic ?

Was the awful depiction of a horse or pony, meant to be a Democrat's donkey ? A piñata ?

The unfortunate animal's name was Dignity. The poor creature died thrice.

Then you should say what you mean," the March Hare went on.
"I do, " Alice hastily replied; "at least I mean what I say, that's the same thing, you know."
"Not the same thing a bit!" said the Hatter. "Why, you might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see!"

- Alice in Wonderland.

I am saddened to see America's worst aspects, mirrored by what happens in the UK

Somewhere in my heart, I had hoped to see a good example to follow, across the pond. After all, there are deep roots connecting New England to Great Britain.

What we have now in America, is because of what began when New England was looked to as an alternative. Great Britain is the originator, closer to the essential. Why has it gone so wrong ? Is America to blame for what has gone wrong ? Was America's influence too strong and ovepowering? Is it rooted in the far distant past, and one of the many elements that steered it to what has come to pass, is because the people of France could not extinguish the ember of royal blood ?

What has set me off ? This item.

"Former deputy PM says ‘cynical’ ex-chancellor was not bothered about human consequences"

"Nick Clegg has accused the former chancellor George Osborne of casually cutting the benefits of the poorest people in society because he believed taking the austerity axe to welfare would boost Conservative popularity."

"Welfare for Osborne was just a bottomless pit of savings, and it didn’t really matter what the human consequences were, because focus groups had shown that the voters they wanted to appeal to were very anti-welfare, and therefore there was almost no limit to those anti-welfare prejudices,” Clegg told the Guardian.

Clegg hit out at David Cameron and his Conservative partners in government. He said the former Tory leader or the chancellor – “I honestly can’t remember whom – looked genuinely nonplussed and said: ‘I don’t understand why you keep going on about the need for more social housing – it just creates Labour voters.’ They genuinely saw housing as a Petri dish for voters. It was unbelievable.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...ory-popularity

Fiddle with the political identifiers, and it could have been something a Democrat said about a Republican.

I had noticed over the decades, that the voice of the lower classes was raised, when the upper class decided that they had a right to make merrry, at the expense of the lower classes. Amercans could not help but notice, since the issues made themselves heard in the music that was imported from the UK. When the American Public Broadcast System was permitted to speak with an independent voice, much was to be learned, about what was occurring across the pond. It was helpful to have a shortwave radio to listen in. Some of my American radios picked up the BBC broadcasts.Though not much of the political and social issues were discussed.The events of the day and issues concerning Parliament provided enough information.

I had chewed over the question of why Great Britain had an increased number of young people, families, and men, "sleeping in the rough." Not by choice, but by necessity.

I felt disheartened by the hints that all is not as it should be, with the support of health and well being of the people of Great Britain. Another loss of a good example to be followed, and hope that America could be admonished and shamed, by a more civilized and humane approach.

I have been following the strikes concerning healthcare. I seems that the worst doctors strike in the National Health Services history is due to happen.

We have nurses strikes, often. The nurses are the last dependable defense against the crushing pressure of a system designed to feed profits to a corporation. The American version of junior doctors have the same problems as their UK counterparts. They are not superhuman and have limits.

Republicans have provided themselves with a fig leaf, in the form of the Extremist Religious Right Republicans. They are only too happy to take a share of the loot that is taken away from purposes they fight against. As you might have seen, recently, Mike Pence was caught gasping like a beached fish, when questioned on his sudden decision to stick to the proscribed Koch wish list, after he had agreed to cooperate on a decision to help the needy children of his community.

Whatever explanation Margaret Thatcher gave for giving great Britain's lifeblood to her closest and dearest friends, and cannot be more convoluted than what the Republicans have given for what they have done to America.

My perception about American politics was that the elections of the past were like a fight among friends. Some punches might hit hard, some regrettable words might be said in the heat of the battle. But, when the dust settled, all would shake hands and carry on with the work that needed to be done. Each would reach across the aisle, and all would be brothers in the ranks of Washinton politicians, until the next skirmish. Cooperative and civilized. It has been made very clear and very obvious, that is not the case, here and now.

The Tea Party arrived in Boston, not long after their existence was given coverage in the media. They seemed to be a quaint minor cause. Nothing offensive about dislike for high taxes. But it was a vague protest. What was it, that they did not want to pay for? They seemed to be a very small set of eccentrics.

No one could have ever guessed, what their true aims were.

Years before the Tea Party carnival arrived, operatives arrived in Boston, and the surrounding bedroom towns. Young Republicans with petitions asking for signatures. Something was "off, with these visitors. They encouraged people to be selfish, greedy, and self centered. They were not Boston. Who knows where they came from. Maybe they arrived with Mitt Romney. Is that what creepy political Mormons give off ? The vibration of Pennywise The Clown from It, with a subvibration of greedy, sick, Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ? A similar stink that attaches itself to fanatic Anti Abortion activists that have been at it so long, they have transformed themsevles into creatures that inspire the urge to give them a wide berth, and avoid them completely.

The opposite of loving, generous, kind, sweet and inviting. What kind of religion, is that ?

http://www.salon.com/2012/08/05/repu...ard_theocracy/

Tea Party, which initially described itself as wholly concerned with debt, deficit, and federal overreach, gradually unmasked itself as being almost as theocratic as the activists from the religious right that Armey had denounced only a few years before. If anything, they were even slightly more disposed than the rest of the Republican Party to inject religious issues into the political realm. According to an academic study of the Tea Party, “[T]hey seek ‘deeply religious’ elected officials, approve of religious leaders’ engaging in politics and want religion brought into political debates.” The Tea Party faithful are not so much libertarian as authoritarian, the furthest thing from a “live free or die” constitutionalist.

Within the GOP libertarianism is a throwaway doctrine that is rhetorically useful in certain situations but often interferes with their core, more authoritarian, beliefs. When the two precepts collide, the authoritarian reflex prevails. In 2009 it was politically useful for the GOP to present the Tea Party as independent-leaning libertarians, when in reality the group was overwhelmingly Republican, with a high quotient of GOP activists and adherents of views common among the religious right. According to a 2010 Gallup poll, eight in ten Tea Party members identify themselves as Republicans. Another study found that over half identified as members of the religious right and 55 percent of Tea Partiers agree that “America has always been and is currently a Christian nation”—6 points more than even the percentage of self-described Christian conservatives who would agree to that. This religious orientation should have been evident from the brouhaha that erupted in mid- 2009 over the charge that the Obama administration’s new healthcare reform plan would set up “death panels.” While there was plenty to criticize about the health-care bill, the completely bogus charge garnered disproportionate attention.

Experimento

How much time am I given to change post ?

Am I allowed to correct spelling ?

A whole sentence may be too much.

Last edited:
Answer is a very short post can be edited quickly. My very long and involved posts, go on forever, and it does not help that my devices are impatient to save battery power. My devices want to drop me from my internet connection as soon as possible.
Unless it is my provider.
grrrrr

Short and sweet is best for a quick edit.

Today, a thread was created, that questions the censorship of Americann journalists

Amy Goodman is a thorn in their side, and they are determined to remove her.
She has documented and filmed evidence, recorded testimony.
She is an eye witness.

She has been proven to be a legitimate and vetted journalist.
A Secret Service agent ripped away her journalist's credential from her neck, in order to remove evidence that a police officer brutalized and arrested a journalist.
This matter was brought to the court of law.
The group of journalists won the case.

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/12216

The problem was someone exposed the Army Corps of Engineers deceptive approach.
The snag was the public was paying attention. It became a legal problem, because of exposure.

A superficial gaze would see a merely clumbsy and sloppy effort by the Army Corps of Engineers

The truth was, the defeat of the Keystones pipeline gave the major oil investors a hint into what was key in getting their pipeline approved.

This campaign to crush the resistance of individuals, get agreements from key political figures, and influence towns, was underway for a long time.

“At first it was very much a stealth pipeline type of a situation for us, because we heard about it from landowners who had been contacted by the company,” Hanson said. “We didn’t hear about it originally from the company itself, which is unusual."

http://www.twincities.com/2014/08/29...t-faces-fight/

The Army Corps of Engineers are in authority of waterways.
The Army Corps of Engineers were clearly doing the bidding of the energy company, because the first move they made, was keeping the Tribal Historic Preservation Office (THPO) out of the loop.
The second move was to deliberately lie, and jobs are the truth with misleading information.

Did they have plausible deniability, on their side ?
This was last year, in February.

How did the pipeline get regulatory approval ?

http://www.motherjones.com/environme...ock-jill-stein

One participant in the thread, added tell comparison of the destruction of religious sites by ISIS, and the destruction of religious sites by the employee's of an energy company.

The temples were destroyed with the premise that the temples were an insult of their religion. The truth was that the temples were destroyed to keep evidence of theft from being found. The ISIS troops were ransacking sacred sites for treasure to sell on the black market. War crimes are political, but, stealing national treasures involves property and evidence. Destruction would make finding evidence much more difficult.

The effort to complete the oil pipeline is the premise. The destruction of the sacred sites is the effort to conceal evidence. The destruction of the sites, as witnessed, and the complete scattering of the evidence on the second day, would make it impossible for the team sent to verify the existence of sacred sites. Finding evidence that proved the destruction of the sites was made extremely difficult.

No evidence of sacred sites, no problems with interference with the pipeline.

The Army Corps of Engineers would not have been so cavalier about their statements, and so confident in their deception,if they did not have confidence that the government was backing the pipeline.

All went to plan, because the judge involved was willing to side with the Army Corps of Engineers, over the solid and concrete objections of the Standing Rock protesters.

The problem was someone exposed the Army Corps of Engineers deceptive approach.
The snag was the public was paying attention. It became a legal problem, because of exposure.

The proof was in President Obama's letter. He would not work against the pipeline.
He covered the exposure to negative publicity with a fig leaf.
Sending government agency operatives was a response to a skirmish.
He did nothing to impede the energy company. He made a request for voluntary action.

Ladonna Bravebull gave her land for the [Sacred Stone] camp. That was back in April.

The protests have been continuous,for a year, trying to keep the pipeline out of their community.

A total of 38 arrests have been made in connection with the Dakota Access protests.

Feint then stab

Keystone pipeline was a feint, Dakota pipeline was the stab

The Sandpiper pipeline was too ambitious, and threatened too much wetlands and too many waterways.

Americans were happy to fight against a pipeline from Canada.
Defend America, against aggression from another country.

Americans are happy to let international conglomerate corporations push their Dakota pipeline through, and push individual Amerians around ?

Americans are happy to let international conglomerate corporations bully Native Americans, because Native American Reservations are not a part of America ?

Huge, powerful, and well known oil companies have teamed up and invested billions of dollars in this pipeline. They are pushing the pipeline through privately owned land using eminent domain. They ran into a snag near Standing Rock. The town's people did not want it, so the pipeline was moved closer to the Native American Reservation.

The oil investors got their pipeline land, by driving over individual farmer's rights, rancher's rights, by eminent domain. But, there are legal means for an American town to defend itself against bullies. The oil interests decided victimizing a Native American settlement would be easier.

Who Is Funding the Dakota Access Pipeline?

Bank of America, HSBC, UBS, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo and JPMorgan Chase

http://daytoninformer.com/who-is-fun...s-wells-fargo/

President Obama responded to the pleas of people who had been trying to protect themselves against a threat, for a year. He said he did not give a fuck. They people who needed his help, were less important than corporations that made an investment of a few billion dollars. President Obama was forced to backtrack with a non committal statement because of backlash and negative publicity. A false impression was spread that he did care. The truth is he asked the corporations to. voluntarily stop for a short amount of time, on a small section of the pipeline.

The oil interests and the energy company ae hiding behind private subcontractors.
The police are limited in how much they can support the corporations.
The National Guard was sent in to block the professor's access.
A private security company supplied guards and guard dogs.
A barrier was set up, and roadblocks were set up, by the police and the National Guard.

Journalist Amy Goodman is a thorn in the side of the oil investors.
She is documenting what is happening, and taking witness statements.

Amy Goodman found out about which side the government is on, when a Secret Service agent ripped the journalist credentials off of her neck.

Plausible deniability is always better than the truth in the court of law.
Credentials ? What credentials ? We did not see credentials. These people could have been violent criminal activists! There was no proof of bona fide journalists. (We removed the proof by ripping the credentials, away. Where are those badges and passes ? Only the Secret Service knows.)

The police had no right to arrest journalists, brutally inflict injuries on the bodies of journalists, in the act of removing journalists. The journalists proved that in a court of law.

The point was to interrupt and stop documentation. No film, no picture stills, no voice recordings, No Proof.

In July, the Standing Rock Sioux tribe sued the Army Corps of Engineers over the permits granted to the developer, which put a construction site a half a mile upstream of the tribe’s reservation boundary. The tribe says that a spill from the site would be culturally and economically catastrophic, and that it endangers sacred sites and their drinking water.

https://thinkprogress.org/arrest-war...s-95770fac4372

14 Arrested as Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Protest N. Dakota Pipeline
In North Dakota, 14 people were arrested Thursday protesting the $3.8 billion Dakota Access pipeline that will stretch from North Dakota to Illinois. The protest was led by members of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, which has been staging nonviolent protests against the pipeline for months. The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe maintains that the pipeline is being built in violation of the National Historic Preservation Act.

http://m.democracynow.org/headlines/2016/8/12/46071

The police have been arresting peaceful protesters, before the confrontation by a woman and her son happened on September 3, 2016

The police were witnesses of the threats and violence used against the protesters.
The police are actively working against the protesters.
The police are spreading disinformation and lies against the protesters.

Instead off making arrests or issuing arrest warrants for the ones attacking people, the North Dakota Private Investigation and Security Board is investigating the use of dogs by security and whether the personnel were properly licensed or registered to work in the state.

"The pipeline crosses through four states."

"... 1,200 miles, 200 waterways, maybe 300 miles are on federal lands."

"...construction (of a section) of a $3.8 billion oil pipeline..."

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/dem...arrant-attack/

"Dakota Access pipeline is a pipeline that goes 1,200 miles, taking Bakken crude oil from the northwest side of North Dakota down to Illinois."

"... a private pipeline from a private company out of Dallas, Texas."

"Energy Transfer Partners, out of Dallas, Texas..."

The Army Corps of Engineers failed their legal obligations to meet with the tribe members, and get feedback.

The Army Corps failed to do their own work, and go to the land in question. They did not gather their own facts and figures. They relied on a report from someone else, from 1985.

The Army Corps of Engineers failed to back up their own statements.
Harm has come to the tribe. Loss has occurred. Harm threatens the tribe.

A federal judge ruled favor of the pipeline and the Corps of Engineers, and against the Native Americans. The judges opinion gave the Army Corps of Engineers the benefit of doubt, and ignored the complaint destruction of sacred sites.

The judge allowed the destruction to continue, by giving the construction companypermission to keep digging and moving earth.This allowed the construction crew to complete the destruction. Government agencies were forced to intervene, and contradict the Judge's pronouncements.

"...not until after they finalized what they want to do, this Dallas-based company who is doing the EA for the Corps of Engineers tells us how or where they’re going to go."

"..with Enbridge.."

Bakken system includes the Dakota Access Pipeline and Energy Transfer Crude Oil Pipeline. Dakota Access will run 1,172 miles (1,886 kilometers) from western North Dakota to Patoka, Illinois

"...and the Energy Transfer line 744 miles from Patoka to Nederland, Texas."

The deal announced this week means that Enbridge Energy Partners and Marathon Petroleum will own a minority interest in both the Dakota Access Pipeline and the Energy Transfer Crude Pipeline, jointly referred to as the Bakken Pipeline System. Both projects are expected to be complete later this year.

The Energy Transfer Crude Pipeline is a converted natural gas pipeline that will transport crude oil from Patoka to the Gulf Coast.

With the slowdown in the oil industry and the addition of the Dakota Access Pipeline, the Sandpiper would not be needed for several years, Lipow said.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/bus...future-unclear

Plans for pipeline shelved, due to wetlands concerns

"The pipeline, which would carry crude from the Bakken oil fields to refineries in Superior, Wis., has drawn considerable opposition from residents of north-central Minnesota, where the pipeline would cross. The White Earth Band of Ojibwe is among the groups opposed to the project, citing potential impacts to lakes, rivers, streams, wetlands and wild rice in the region in the event of a major spill.

http://timberjay.com/stories/legal-v...pponents,123

Back