Marvel: The Terrigen Crisis (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
In 1928, a team of archeologists discovered an underground laboratory in Egypt. Inside was advanced technology that seemed to be alien in origin, including several Terrigen Crystals. It was kept very secret, and the items inside were relocated multiple times to various facilities. Adolf Hitler's regime learned of the technology in 1933, and sent Nazi spies to infiltrate. A year later, Johann Schmidt stole all the items and assassinated any non-Nazi who had knowledge of them. He also took command of Germany's Special Weapons Division, renamed it HYDRA, and hired a team of scientists to study the alien tech.

In the first few years, researchers discovered the Terrigen Crystals would release a mist under certain circumstances, and that this substance had the capacity to genetically mutate living organisms. Dr. Abraham Erskine's study of the mist led him to eventually develop a Super Soldier formula, which he used to create Captain America when he defected to the United States after World War II broke out.

After the war and the destruction of several facilities, some of the alien tech landed in the hands of the Strategic Scientific Reserve, but most of it was lost in the chaos, including the Terrigen Crystals and any records of the Super Soldier formula. To most of the world, aliens and superpowers were still only fictional concepts.

On December 31st, 2015, the world was shaken by the Terrigen Crisis: At Times Square in New York City, just as the ball dropped to signify the start of 2016, it exploded, sending out waves of Terrigen Mist over the crowd. They immediately began to mutate, some turning into hideous monsters, while others just developed special powers. The mist also spread out several blocks in every direction and into the sewers, changing animals and bugs as well. Who planted the bomb? Is a reformed HYDRA involved? What will S.H.I.E.L.D. have to say about this when they swoop in to manage the crisis?

You can use any Marvel character, though Mutants/Mutates/Inhumans all originate from the Terrigen Mist in this version, and we'll call them all "mutants." Your characters can either be a survivor of the Super Soldier tests before and during World War II, or they can be normal people who are near Times Square when the bomb went off and were given powers by the Mist. The RP will start right as the bomb explodes, and throw us head-first into the chaos that follows.

My main characters will be Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Tony Stark/Iron Man, and Charles Xavier/ Professor X. I may bring in Wolverine later if no one claims him. I'll also be using several characters as NPCs or major villains, such as Magneto, Norman Osborn, Wilson Fisk, Otto Octavius, Obadiah Stane, and eventually, Apocalypse as an early mutant from when the Kree first brought the Terrigen Crystals to Earth who has been in stasis for thousands of years.

Ultimately, I plan to adapt many of the major story arcs from Marvel Comics for this RP, but for now, we'll just focus on the Terrigen Crisis. Feel free to shoot any ideas my way.

It would be fun to have our characters form a team that is sort of a fusion between X-Men and Avengers.

Back