Looks like Trump is going to escape justice after all

Of course you can, and then pay for the consequences before a jury of your peers. Fuck you and the judge.

So we agree that you were wrong and you don’t understand how 1A works. Thanks.
NO we don't. You flat stated that you "can't yell fire in a (crowded) theater." (As if whether it's crowded or not makes a difference.) I state that you can, but if you cause harm it's up to a trial before a jury to make that determination and punishment if warranted. NO MAN can silence me, or anyone else, by decree. If you think any man can, go live in Venezuela, or China, or Cuba.

NO we don't. You flat stated that you "can't yell fire in a (crowded) theater." (As if whether it's crowded or not makes a difference.) I state that you can, but if you cause harm it's up to a trial before a jury to make that determination and punishment if warranted. NO MAN can silence me, or anyone else, by decree. If you think any man can, go live in Venezuela, or China, or Cuba.
None of that changes the fact that you don’t understand 1A because it is conditional. It’s not legal to yell fire in a crowded theatre but would be legal if the theatre was empty.

None of that changes the fact that you don’t understand 1A because it is conditional. It’s not legal to yell fire in a crowded theatre but would be legal if the theatre was empty.
Point out the "conditional' verbiage in the amendment. ie. "Freedom of speech, except for......."

Point out the "conditional' verbiage in the amendment. ie. "Freedom of speech, except for......."
Seriously, how many times are you going to change your mind on this. Is it legal to yell fire in a crowded theatre?

Seriously, how many times are you going to change your mind on this. Is it legal to yell fire in a crowded theatre?
Eat shit you ignorant piece of shit. Show me the law that prohibits me from speaking my mind. I fully understand the incitement to riot laws, but even there there is a grey area. Under those laws the entire Continental Congress would be incarcerated, or worse.

I don't mind having a political dialog with you, or anyone else. But I draw the line when you, or anyone else, try's to silence my voice because I disagree with you. And that's why the second amendment exists.

Eat shit you ignorant piece of shit. Show me the law that prohibits me from speaking my mind. I fully understand the incitement to riot laws, but even there there is a grey area. Under those laws the entire Continental Congress would be incarcerated, or worse.

I don't mind having a political dialog with you, or anyone else. But I draw the line when you, or anyone else, try's to silence my voice because I disagree with you. And that's why the second amendment exists.
See… My dear, dear chobs, this simple yet clear ass kicking that sgtspidey just handed you is exactly why you should heed previous warnings of you NOT opening your pie hole. Certainly, you have the right to speak but, as has been pointed out, the consequences are that people then know exactly how dense you really are. Stupidity wrapped in arrogance is never a good look on a person. In every post you move the goalposts to display a misunderstanding of every amendment you brought up to ultimately frustrate, not SS, but your own self. Tisk tisk. So sad that your good day at the shooting range destroying paper images of boogeymen democrats had to end like this.

Is it legal to yell fire in a crowded theatre?
I'm not aware of any law that says you can't.

If you do and someone gets hurt, you may be held liable in civil court. You may or may not be charged with creating a disturbance, but you would not be charged with making that statement.

What you can't do is make statements that are threats against or intimidate or coerce others. THAT is where Donny could face charges.

Derpy told me some time back that I was permitted to yell fire in a crowded theatre, although I would probably go to jail for it.

I'm not sure what 'permitted' means any more.

If you have enough money to pay the Lawyers, you can delay. Trump's lawyers tried another delay in the SD case, but lost. Which means its the first criminal case to move forward.

1 down, 3 to go....Trump can only delay this for so long...
Came across this the other day. No wonder the lawyers continue to work on his cases. Unlike others in the past who had dealings and didn’t get paid. Just working for a hefty paycheck?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ast-year-here-s-where-it-all-went/ar-BB1icvQQ

Actually it is. Have you ever noticed that you can’t yell fire in a crowded theatre?
Yes you can. The first amendment is protection from government harassment, doesn’t protect you from civil suits for harm caused by being stupid.

Yes you can. The first amendment is protection from government harassment, doesn’t protect you from civil suits for harm caused by being stupid.
We’re talking legally.
If someone was in a crowded movie theatre at the conclusion of the movie they could yell out, “that’s the biggest bomb I’ve ever seen”. The same person couldn’t yell that out in an airport.

I can go on social media and say whatever I want in the Trump hush money case because I’m not on trial, Trump can’t.

The First Amendment is conditional.

I can go on social media and say whatever I want in the Trump hush money case because I’m not on trial, Trump can’t.

The First Amendment is conditional.
You can't post anything credibly threatening on a website. Several people have been jailed for doing so.

You can't post anything credibly threatening on a website. Several people have been jailed for doing so.
I’ll amend to I can say more on social media than Trump can.

Doesn’t change the fact that 1A is conditional.

Lewiston man pleads guilty to federal charges for racially charged online threat in 2022

www.pressherald.com.ico
Portland Press Herald|9 days ago
Charles Allen Barnes, 46, pleads guilty to sending a racially charged death threat via social media ... according to a statement from the U.S. Department of Justice.

"Buffalo police charge teen with making threats to city schools on social media

Buffalo police on Sunday charged a 15-year-old who was accused of making threats to various city schools on social media, the Police Department said Sunday night.

Police don’t believe the threats were credible, the department said. Police did not say if any schools were specified or on what platform the threats were made.

The teen, whose name was withheld, was charged with multiple misdemeanors by the department’s Threats Management Unit"

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/...cle_dfded198-ea97-11ee-ba3b-03e5ced2049c.html

"LOS ANGELES (CN) — A Texas man has been charged with threatening to kill U.S. Representative Maxine Waters in a series of profane and racist voicemails left last year at her local office in Hawthorne, California.

Brian Michael Gaherty, 60, of Houston faces four counts of making threats in interstate communications and four counts of threatening a United States official, according to a statement Friday from the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles. If convicted, he faces as long as 10 years in prison for each count of threatening a U.S. official."

https://www.courthousenews.com/texas-man-charged-in-threat-to-kill-congresswoman-maxine-waters/

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. WATE</a>) — An 18-year-old has been charged after an online threat was made against Farragut High School on Thursday, according to the Knox County Sheriff's Office.

KCSO released on Friday that the Major Crimes Unit received the report of the threat toward Farragut High School Thursday morning, around 9:15 a.m. The threat was reportedly made through a social media post and included an image of a female holding a gun.

https://www.wate.com/news/knox-coun...ged-after-threat-toward-farragut-high-school/

Clearly, Donny can and should be charged for much of what he's posted on various websites.

Back