Looks like Trump is going to escape justice after all

The thing about this is that it shows that the left is way too optimistic that Trump is going to prison. So far the results show that the law is and has been on Trump's side. Which means that those who believed he was guilty of something failed to accept what the law says and instead inserted their own ideas as to what the law was supposed to say but didn't.

More bad news for us hoping that Trump finally faces justice.

The hush money trial is being delayed and it looks like the documents case will be dismissed. He has already run out the clock on the Jan 6 trial.
You folks probably should have had better legal counsel when designing the parameters of your lynching.

So far the results show that the law is and has been on Trump's side.
Where? The cases have yet to be heard
Which means that those who believed he was guilty of something failed to accept what the law says and instead inserted their own ideas as to what the law was supposed to say but didn't.
There are some who rush to judge, there are others who rush to exonerate. Then there are some who pontificate as if they have some special inside knowledge of the law...

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2023/trump-criminal-investigations-cases-tracker-list/

I never bought into the speculation that Trump would be removed from office or be jailed, but I also didn’t foresee how much the indictments have helped propel him to front runner status in the 2024 campaign.

Honestly look at the base of the current republican party and stop giving them the benefit of the doubt or the not all or even most yadda yadda. The people currently guiding the party are bitter bigots who saw a black man as president for eight years and were staring down the barrel of a woman (who was frankly overqualified for the job) become president. They spent that time seaching for a birth certificate which was really just Proud Boy for "Niggers can't be president". They had 16 nominees for president in 2016. Romney is a decent human being, Kasich seemed okay but I didn't do a deep dive on him. Cruz and Rubio are within the acceptable range of bad. Christie is a blowhard but not flat out evil. Jeb's weaknesses were low energy, speaks Spanish and would have been the third president in his family in less than 30 years.

Trump being elected was just revenge in the purest possible sense of the word.

Notice all the moves that have been made under Trump. The weakening of the Voter's Rights Act, the overthrow of Roe v Wade. The elevated rhetoric about illegals being criminals. Not in the way that has always happened and that nobody really denies. Being in the country illegally is a crime. This whole they are rapists, murderers, drug lords and thieves is a new development. The overturning of Roe v Wade. Both the heightened rhetoric against the LGBT community, Drag Queens, woke Disney that legendary litter box in a school that no child took a picture of. I was a teenager once. Teens are fucking monsters. Some kid wearing bunny years or even a clip on tail would get attention positive and negative. A kid pissing a litter box would be rediculed straight into suicide. Full stop.

We are not currently a country with differing opinions on how to get the debt under control. Should we cut taxes, raise wages, lower spending, all of the above? Should we shift around certain priorities that can be handled in different ways for less money? We aren't debating how to bring peace to the Middle East. We ironically aren't even talking about immigration reform which I think everybody agrees needs fixing. Debating about the wall one way or the other doesn't address the root problem. We are having a country wide culture war that as a minority I really do see as a fight between good and evil that has been put off for far too long. The only thing we accomplished by not being more aggressive during things that started (in the current era) under Obama is this whole Trump mess.

Any idiot could have seen this coming and its rare for me to compliment McCain. While he was better than the average Republican I still think he wasn't a great person. That said there was the video of his supporters screaming that Obama was a Muslim. His response was 'no, he's a good person.' Obviously the phrasing was poor and I hope what he actually meant was 'no he's not a Muslim. Also he is a good man' Taken as a whole this is hard to put off as a series of unfortunate events. It is a clear web.

Do I know if the majority of Republicans are racist? No and I kinda doubt it in any meaningful definition of the word. What I do know is they are either going around with blinders on have at least accepted the fact that they can't ostracize the bigots and win elections and stopping the commies is more important than protecting Americans. For the moment I will not address economics because while important it is separate issue.

Do I know if the majority of Republicans are racist? No and I kinda doubt it in any meaningful definition of the word. What I do know is they are either going around with blinders on have at least accepted the fact that they can't ostracize the bigots and win elections and stopping the commies is more important than protecting Americans. For the moment I will not address economics because while important it is separate issue.
Or bailing out, with most being coy about why they are.

Honestly look at the base of the current republican party and stop giving them the benefit of the doubt or the not all or even most yadda yadda. The people currently guiding the party are bitter bigots who saw a black man as president for eight years and were staring down the barrel of a woman (who was frankly overqualified for the job) become president. They spent that time seaching for a birth certificate which was really just Proud Boy for "Niggers can't be president". They had 16 nominees for president in 2016. Romney is a decent human being, Kasich seemed okay but I didn't do a deep dive on him. Cruz and Rubio are within the acceptable range of bad. Christie is a blowhard but not flat out evil. Jeb's weaknesses were low energy, speaks Spanish and would have been the third president in his family in less than 30 years.

Trump being elected was just revenge in the purest possible sense of the word.

Notice all the moves that have been made under Trump. The weakening of the Voter's Rights Act, the overthrow of Roe v Wade. The elevated rhetoric about illegals being criminals. Not in the way that has always happened and that nobody really denies. Being in the country illegally is a crime. This whole they are rapists, murderers, drug lords and thieves is a new development. The overturning of Roe v Wade. Both the heightened rhetoric against the LGBT community, Drag Queens, woke Disney that legendary litter box in a school that no child took a picture of. I was a teenager once. Teens are fucking monsters. Some kid wearing bunny years or even a clip on tail would get attention positive and negative. A kid pissing a litter box would be rediculed straight into suicide. Full stop.

We are not currently a country with differing opinions on how to get the debt under control. Should we cut taxes, raise wages, lower spending, all of the above? Should we shift around certain priorities that can be handled in different ways for less money? We aren't debating how to bring peace to the Middle East. We ironically aren't even talking about immigration reform which I think everybody agrees needs fixing. Debating about the wall one way or the other doesn't address the root problem. We are having a country wide culture war that as a minority I really do see as a fight between good and evil that has been put off for far too long. The only thing we accomplished by not being more aggressive during things that started (in the current era) under Obama is this whole Trump mess.

Any idiot could have seen this coming and its rare for me to compliment McCain. While he was better than the average Republican I still think he wasn't a great person. That said there was the video of his supporters screaming that Obama was a Muslim. His response was 'no, he's a good person.' Obviously the phrasing was poor and I hope what he actually meant was 'no he's not a Muslim. Also he is a good man' Taken as a whole this is hard to put off as a series of unfortunate events. It is a clear web.

It cannot be attributed solely to Republicans. They only compromise about 1/3 of voters in the US, yet Trump holds a small margin over Biden in the RCP average of national polls and bigger leads in swing states. Betting odds favor him over Biden by 12 points. Democratic Party operatives misread Trump voters in 2016 and continue to do so today.

It cannot be attributed solely to Republicans. They only compromise about 1/3 of voters in the US, yet Trump holds a small margin over Biden in the RCP average of national polls and bigger leads in swing states. Betting odds favor him over Biden by 12 points. Democratic Party operatives misread Trump voters in 2016 and continue to do so today.

Joe Biden Takes Stunning Lead Over Donald Trump in Two Polls

Published Mar 15, 2024 at 9:08 AM EDT Updated Mar 15, 2024 at 2:29 PM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-donald-trump-polls-presidential-election-2024-latest-1879540

Speaking to Newsweek earlier this week about other polls that showed Biden in the lead, Heath Brown, an associate professor of public policy at City University of New York, said: "I wouldn't invest too much in any given poll or even a handful of polls. Both campaigns know this race is just about tied right now, will likely remain that way for a while, and are executing their strategies accordingly."

shrug.gif

It can be primarily attributed to Republicans. The voting system would suggest they hold much closer to 50% hence what we see in polls and elected officials. You're not wrong that we misjudged in 2016. We thought Republicans were actual people with good intentions for the country and its citizens. We fucked up as I stated step by step above. This year our misstep is the same thing it really was under Obama and going back at least to Clinton and I honestly give zero shits about anything prior to Reagan as far as modern politics goes in general.

We don't brag. Every time a new project from a Biden and or Obama let initiative breaks ground someone should be there. That shit should be on every social media site and even thrown up on Youtube so they can go viral. If the people don't know you're doing something they assume you're doing nothing.

Joe Biden Takes Stunning Lead Over Donald Trump in Two Polls

Published Mar 15, 2024 at 9:08 AM EDT Updated Mar 15, 2024 at 2:29 PM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-donald-trump-polls-presidential-election-2024-latest-1879540

shrug.gif
This confirms my point. Trump is leading Dementia Joe by a small margin (1.7%) in the RCP average which includes the 2 polls mentioned in the Newsweek article. See the link below for all the polls. You can also follow the “Just the polls” thread on this board for updates.

As Newsweek notes in the opening paragraph DJ’s approval rating has sunk to an all time low after his SOTU shouting exhibition.

“President Joe Biden has gained a surprise narrow lead over Donald Trump in two polls, eight months before November's presidential election, despite his approval rating sinking to an all-time low after his State of the Union (SOTU) address.”

As we all know, the election is many months away. Polls are simply snapshots in time. They can and often do change as unforeseen events occur and as voters gain new information. But both these candidates are well-known by the public. They both have been in voter’s faces every day for more than four years.

Trump’s front runner status cannot be attributed exclusively to his core base of MAGA Republicans. He’s obviously getting support from a broader spectrum of voters that many Democratic operatives are choosing to ignore. So here we are.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/trump-vs-biden

This confirms my point. Trump is leading Dementia Joe by a small margin (1.7%) in the RCP average which includes the 2 polls mentioned in the Newsweek article. See the link below for all the polls. You can also follow the “Just the polls” thread on this board for updates.

As Newsweek notes in the opening paragraph DJ’s approval rating has sunk to an all time low after his SOTU shouting exhibition.

“President Joe Biden has gained a surprise narrow lead over Donald Trump in two polls, eight months before November's presidential election, despite his approval rating sinking to an all-time low after his State of the Union (SOTU) address.”

As we all know, the election is many months away. Polls are simply snapshots in time. They can and often do change as unforeseen events occur and as voters gain new information. But both these candidates are well-known by the public. They both have been in voter’s faces every day for more than four years.

Trump’s front runner status cannot be attributed exclusively to his core base of MAGA Republicans. He’s obviously getting support from a broader spectrum of voters that many Democratic operatives are choosing to ignore. So here we are.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/trump-vs-biden
From the article:

"I wouldn't invest too much in any given poll or even a handful of polls. Both campaigns know this race is just about tied right now, will likely remain that way for a while, and are executing their strategies accordingly."

But polls are fun to use and speculate on....but mean nothing till about 30 days out.

It can be primarily attributed to Republicans. The voting system would suggest they hold much closer to 50% hence what we see in polls and elected officials. You're not wrong that we misjudged in 2016. We thought Republicans were actual people with good intentions for the country and its citizens. We fucked up as I stated step by step above. This year our misstep is the same thing it really was under Obama and going back at least to Clinton and I honestly give zero shits about anything prior to Reagan as far as modern politics goes in general.

We don't brag. Every time a new project from a Biden and or Obama let initiative breaks ground someone should be there. That shit should be on every social media site and even thrown up on Youtube so they can go viral. If the people don't know you're doing something they assume you're doing nothing.
Not sure how you conclude that Republicans represent 50% of the electorate. Can you share a link to your source? Not all states require voters to declare their party preference but Gallup polling has been tracking this for years. As of February, 2024, Republicans represent 28%, Democrats represent 30%, and Independents represent 42%.

From the article:

"I wouldn't invest too much in any given poll or even a handful of polls. Both campaigns know this race is just about tied right now, will likely remain that way for a while, and are executing their strategies accordingly."

But polls are fun to use and speculate on....but mean nothing till about 30 days out.
No argument from me. I’ve said repeatedly that polls represent a snapshot in time. Trump’s small but consistent lead in national polls is close enough to call this a horse race. It’s why I have not made any predictions on the outcome. Obviously Trump is pulling support from voters beyond the registered Republicans and loyal MAGA types. Democrats don’t seem interested in understanding Trump voters and are dismissive of voter concerns about DJ’s performance on issues that are most important to them and his cognitive decline.

No argument from me. I’ve said repeatedly that polls represent a snapshot in time. Trump’s small but consistent lead in national polls is close enough to call this a horse race. It’s why I have not made any predictions on the outcome. Obviously Trump is pulling support from voters beyond the registered Republicans and loyal MAGA types. Democrats don’t seem interested in understanding Trump voters and are dismissive of voter concerns about DJ’s performance on issues that are most important to them and his cognitive decline.
I think like last time, polls will stay virtually tied. The winner will be the one who can turn out the voters. Republicans lag in that, since they have this distaste of mail in voting. The Democrats have no issues in that respect.

Not sure how you conclude that Republicans represent 50% of the electorate. Can you share a link to your source? Not all states require voters to declare their party preference but Gallup polling has been tracking this for years. As of February, 2024, Republicans represent 28%, Democrats represent 30%, and Independents represent 42%.

Look at Congress. its rare that there are supermajorities (though when they do occur they favor Democrats) in either house. We go back and forth on the presidential elections and when we look at presidential elections the Dems might win the popular vote more often than not in the last thirty years its not a blow out. When 160 million voters are separated by less than 10 million votes you're talking about a near equal split.

Independents do not exist and skew the polling. They are more accurately called fucking pussies who hide behind "I'm not Joe Biden supporter so don't blame the fact that I constantly side with him as meaning I'm a lib!" or "I don't worship at the Orange Alter but build that wall so the guy who picks my oranges won't pork my daughter."

Its the same with agnostics. If I put a gun to your head and ask if you believe in God if you say yes but you're still afraid you're a fucking liar. The only thing I'm doing is sending you to paradise.

We celebrate cowardice in this country when it comes to politics.

I think like last time, polls will stay virtually tied. The winner will be the one who can turn out the voters. Republicans lag in that, since they have this distaste of mail in voting. The Democrats have no issues in that respect.
Keep in mind that the vote only matters in a handful of states thanks to our Electoral College system. So only the polls in WI, MI, PA, Ga, AZ, NV and maybe NC matter.

Look at Congress. its rare that there are supermajorities (though when they do occur they favor Democrats) in either house. We go back and forth on the presidential elections and when we look at presidential elections the Dems might win the popular vote more often than not in the last thirty years its not a blow out. When 160 million voters are separated by less than 10 million votes you're talking about a near equal split.

Independents do not exist and skew the polling. They are more accurately called fucking pussies who hide behind "I'm not Joe Biden supporter so don't blame the fact that I constantly side with him as meaning I'm a lib!" or "I don't worship at the Orange Alter but build that wall so the guy who picks my oranges won't pork my daughter."

Its the same with agnostics. If I put a gun to your head and ask if you believe in God if you say yes but you're still afraid you're a fucking liar. The only thing I'm doing is sending you to paradise.

We celebrate cowardice in this country when it comes to politics.
You can call them “pussies” if you like, but whatever you call them, they outnumber voters who identify as Democrats and Republicans by double digit margins.

Keep in mind that the vote only matters in a handful of states thanks to our Electoral College system. So only the polls in WI, MI, PA, Ga, AZ, NV and maybe NC matter.
Exactly. And the polling data in those states is looking even worse for DJ than national data.

You can call them “pussies” if you like, but whatever you call them, they outnumber voters who identify as Democrats and Republicans by double digit margins.

Their numbers don't actually matter. I could take 100 independent voters and put a gun to their head and ask would you vote for the Republican or the Democrat. Not Biden v Trump. Not Obama v McCain. Not Gore v Bush. Just full stop Republican v Democrat. I was around for the 2012 elections when every poll showed that Obama would get washed by a Republican. That Republican's name however was Michael Mc Doesn't Exist and it wasn't super close between Obama and Romney. Even as a Lib I can make an argument that Romney might have been a better president simply because the Republicans in Congress wouldn't have had their stated goal to absolutely fuck America.

They simply are pussies who refuse to actually stand for something. I have a lot more respect honestly for a bigot who will stand there and tell me the only thing a woman is good for is making sandwiches and babies than I do for someone who will wait to see who wins a fight before joining up.

More bad news for us hoping that Trump finally faces justice.

The hush money trial is being delayed and it looks like the documents case will be dismissed. He has already run out the clock on the Jan 6 trial.
Being an outside observer and not really political connected whatsoever, I hate to predict but if he becomes President civil war is a good possibility which China, the Middle east and Russian will take an advantage of and commence their "invasions"

Their numbers don't actually matter. I could take 100 independent voters and put a gun to their head and ask would you vote for the Republican or the Democrat. Not Biden v Trump. Not Obama v McCain. Not Gore v Bush. Just full stop Republican v Democrat.
Thankfully responsible and reputable polling firms aren’t known to point guns to anyone’s head.

Thankfully responsible and reputable polling firms aren’t known to point guns to anyone’s head.

Which makes the data on stuff like this unreliable. Since we effectively vote in secret there is no way to prove thsi but I would bet if we looked at someones voting record for say any twenty year period a definite pattern would arise.

Back