Lit-related *Urban Myths* 👀 *Real* [crazy] Stories* & *Conspiracy Theories*

Oh shit yes with @Mattentive doing recon from the van.
Refrigeration-triangle-van-fade.jpg

..on it.. 🥸

I have heard people speak of gatherings of denizens of liit, referred to as Litogethers, but I have never spoken with anyone who actually has been to such a gathering. (And I don't see anyone trying to organize them any more).
I attended one in NYC in 2003. I might be the only one from that lit together that’s still alive :D

I attended one in NYC in 2003. I might be the only one from that lit together that’s still alive :D
Is this reflective of the demographics of Lit?
The over 70 group does not attract a lot of activity, and yet I keep meeting people running into that age range.

Is this reflective of the demographics of Lit?
The over 70 group does not attract a lot of activity, and yet I keep meeting people running into that age range.
I was kidding. Most of them are probably still alive and well, just not active on lit anymore. I have no fucking idea about lit demographics. I was only 24 in 2003. Young and stupid. I’m not young anymore :D

Anyone remember the title of the thread where we were listing creeps and their possible alts?

I just reread that thread as I can still see it. In the thread people were already speculating that the thread would very quickly become a personal vendetta thread. One person was calling out another for posts that seem to break rules but also admits that he doesn’t and will not report the posts (so, no reporting the posts so mods can look and remove them, but yes to tagging them and publicly calling them out…). A couple people being suggested as offenders were tagged, which was clearly going to end up as fighting inside the thread. And, still in just 26 posts, people were jokingly calling out others as offenders. That thread was going to require so much moderation.

There were two posts fitting the intention of the thread (screenshot attached). I’m supportive of warning people of predators, users, and abusers here. I’m supportive of reaching out to new posters and warning them. It doesn’t always work though. I recently warned someone about a frequent predator from the BDSM forum. She told me that I was wrong and that he had not shown her any reason to think he was anything other than wonderful. A few months later, she was in my inbox grieving the loss of what she thought was a good relationship after he repeated a pattern. Years ago I warned a highly prolific poster about one of the Lit lotharios…she also didn’t believe me. About a year later, she reached out and said she wished she had listened to me. We do what we can and try to protect people.

Some folks, like one of the posters listed in the screenshot, do an amazing job of outing themselves with their posting style. PSA: always search and read the past posts of someone who’s sliding into your DMs.

Attachments

• 0A65E55A-06D1-4A76-8D0F-A00DF67F436D.jpeg
    0A65E55A-06D1-4A76-8D0F-A00DF67F436D.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 58
I just reread that thread as I can still see it. In the thread people were already speculating that the thread would very quickly become a personal vendetta thread. One person was calling out another for posts that seem to break rules but also admits that he doesn’t and will not report the posts (so, no reporting the posts so mods can look and remove them, but yes to tagging them and publicly calling them out…). A couple people being suggested as offenders were tagged, which was clearly going to end up as fighting inside the thread. And, still in just 26 posts, people were jokingly calling out others as offenders. That thread was going to require so much moderation.

There were two posts fitting the intention of the thread (screenshot attached). I’m supportive of warning people of predators, users, and abusers here. I’m supportive of reaching out to new posters and warning them. It doesn’t always work though. I recently warned someone about a frequent predator from the BDSM forum. She told me that I was wrong and that he had not shown her any reason to think he was anything other than wonderful. A few months later, she was in my inbox grieving the loss of what she thought was a good relationship after he repeated a pattern. Years ago I warned a highly prolific poster about one of the Lit lotharios…she also didn’t believe me. About a year later, she reached out and said she wished she had listened to me. We do what we can and try to protect people.

Some folks, like one of the posters listed in the screenshot, do an amazing job of outing themselves with their posting style. PSA: always search and read the past posts of someone who’s sliding into your DMs.
I've warned a woman irl about an abusive man and I was also ignored. Then this person came back to tell me I was right month after. Idk why women do this. Well I know why.

I get that the thread could've gotten messy.

I've never considered warning someone here, in reality I haven't had any bad experiences but if I was asked for my opinions I would.

I always worried that doing that makes me a creeper. Glad it's standard practice. 😆 I like to do a little research when getting to know someone.
It's an expectation here. There are so many threads about "who are you stalking". There's more control on the new platform to prevent people from looking at your history. The old platform was completely open and anyone could look back through everything you've ever written. Knowing that helped shape our behavior.

Sometimes I see people act and behave here with what I can only assume it's a lack of awareness of what kind of place this actually is. It freaking sucks to watch people get hurt.

It's an expectation here. There are so many threads about "who are you stalking". There's more control on the new platform to prevent people from looking at your history. The old platform was completely open and anyone could look back through everything you've ever written. Knowing that helped shape our behavior.

Sometimes I see people act and behave here with what I can only assume it's a lack of awareness of what kind of place this actually is. It freaking sucks to watch people get hurt.

Ya, I'm pretty open about my life generally, IRL or on here. Maybe more than I should be. I don't divulge anything that could identify me, of course, but thats just common sense. But I also think it makes me seem a little bit more real, just based on conversations I've had.

One reason I don't PM people more is because I imagine people are very guarded because of the crap on here, and don't want to make people feel uncomfortable. Lots of people I find interesting and would like to get to know better, but unless they PM me in the forum it remains. A few exceptions, but not many.

I feel you. Surprisingly I don't complain about this kind of research though.

I don't think you're going to find "cuminsidemycunny" on any crime databases lol

You'd be surprised what you can gleen going back through post histories sometimes that you can identify people with. Not everyone, but some people are a bit too fast and loose with identifying info.

Back