Let's talk about you...

Oh dear! THough- judging from the other responses on the thread, I am the odd-man out here.

Why does it seem so many people struggle with mornings?

My it's biological? I don't do mornings. I almost feel physically ill if I'm up before the sun is up or right as the sun is rising.

That sucks-- I'm sorry. Being rejected is horrible, regardless of who it is. You take a risk, put yourself out there... *sigh* Bastard. If you wanna stop by, we can eat ice-cream, watch chick flicks and complain about our different rejections...

Thanks for being "real" and sharing.

yeah... ice cream and chick flicks... not so much. Hockey and tequila.... you've got a date. :D

[laughs]

Hey it's only fair. I have to try and get to sleep while he snores. So he gets to try and stay asleep through my massive alarm clock debacle.

Actually my alarms go off while he is normally in the shower. So when I hear his voice what really gets me moving is the knowledge that something wet will probably hit me if I don't hurry. [laughs]

At night, being so damn tired and having the TV on loud enough to drown out his snoring helps me drift off. :rolleyes:

Oh Blu- you make me LAUGH!

Sounds like a match made in... a rock concert?!? An electronics store?

So-to change the conversation just a bit-- what is his most redeeming quality? What makes him worth putting up with all that snoring?

My it's biological? I don't do mornings. I almost feel physically ill if I'm up before the sun is up or right as the sun is rising.

You must live somewhere southern-- because if I had to wait for sunrise, well, let's just say, I would miss a fair amount of my workday (and when I lived in AK, I would have missed lunch, HA) I do know that people seem to fall into either "morning people" or "night owls" and that more seem to be the latter...

yeah... ice cream and chick flicks... not so much. Hockey and tequila.... you've got a date. :D

Tequila, I can do tequila. But hockey. Hmmmm- is that the one with the flat black thing? And a net, right? Is there a net in that game? (sorry, inside joke with myself-- I am not a but sports guy... but it would be better than chick flicks. OK- I'm in. But it would have to be your place, because I don't have a TV....

Tequila, I can do tequila. But hockey. Hmmmm- is that the one with the flat black thing? And a net, right? Is there a net in that game? (sorry, inside joke with myself-- I am not a but sports guy... but it would be better than chick flicks. OK- I'm in. But it would have to be your place, because I don't have a TV....

Come on over.... you bring the tequila and I'll explain the hockey. :)

Come on over.... you bring the tequila and I'll explain the hockey. :)

Now your talking! Are we doing shots? Or mixing?

Hey- Max... it occurs to me that you are in Texas. How does a girl from Texas get into hockey? If you were Canadian, it would be more obvious. Midwest, obvious. Texas? Is there ice in Texas?

Now your talking! Are we doing shots? Or mixing?

Hey- Max... it occurs to me that you are in Texas. How does a girl from Texas get into hockey? If you were Canadian, it would be more obvious. Midwest, obvious. Texas? Is there ice in Texas?

I dated a boy from the northeast... he's long gone, but the love for hockey didn't fade. And yes, we "stole" a team from Minnesota 20 years ago.

And if the hockey doesn't float your boat, we can watch something mindless with lots of explosions.

As for shots or mix... I'm all for shots, but margarita rocks work fine, too.

Oh Blu- you make me LAUGH!

Sounds like a match made in... a rock concert?!? An electronics store?

So-to change the conversation just a bit-- what is his most redeeming quality? What makes him worth putting up with all that snoring?

Honest answer? He's the most amazing man I've ever known.

I could wax poetic and would probably make everyone gag, so I will stop there. :eek:

Edited~ you asked for his most redeeming quality. His family (me and the boys), we are the center of his life and he shows that every day.

Nice thread...and Nice to meet you...

Well...

I am...

Complicated
Flawed
Emotional
Highly sensitive
Tender Hearted
Always wearing my heart on my sleeve
Norwegian American
Resilient
Shy ( although It would never appear so here on the board)
An Insomniac...

And despite all my many, many, many flaws, I would like to believe that My heart is in the right place and with the best of intentions...

I believe Compassion is a Necessity, not a Luxury...

:rose:

I dated a boy from the northeast... he's long gone, but the love for hockey didn't fade. And yes, we "stole" a team from Minnesota 20 years ago.

And if the hockey doesn't float your boat, we can watch something mindless with lots of explosions.

As for shots or mix... I'm all for shots, but margarita rocks work fine, too.

Funny how people come into our lives and change us like that.... I am pretty flexible. Let's do hockey- in the spirit of this thread- and getting to know new things. Getting to learn about others and what excites them. I have done my share of car crashes and explosions. Hockey is new. (though, I have been to one HS hockey game)

What is is that you like most about the sport? the fights?

In a different thread, I might joke about body-shots... but here, we should probably do a margarita... or three.

Honest answer? He's the most amazing man I've ever known.

I could wax poetic and would probably make everyone gag, so I will stop there. :eek:

Edited~ you asked for his most redeeming quality. His family (me and the boys), we are the center of his life and he shows that every day.

What a sweet thing to say! He is a lucky man- and I would bet that he says that too! (and for the record, I asked for you to wax poetic, but we'll spare everyone the details)

Thanks for saying such honest, kind, and heartfelt things! I am happy to hear people say things like that about their life-partner. I needed to hear that!

Nice thread...and Nice to meet you...

Well...

I am...

Complicated
Flawed
Emotional
Highly sensitive
Tender Hearted
Always wearing my heart on my sleeve
Norwegian American
Resilient
Shy ( although It would never appear so here on the board)
An Insomniac...

And despite all my many, many, many flaws, I would like to believe that My heart is in the right place and with the best of intentions...

I believe Compassion is a Necessity, not a Luxury...

:rose:

Thanks for stopping in.... I am pleased to make your acquaintance. And thank you for telling me about yourself. I have to admit, you have left me wanting to know more!

You sound like a passionate, loving person- seems like you share every bit of your soul and every bit of your being with the people you care about. If only the world had more compassion-- we might just solve some of the problems, eh?

So, then, Ms. Cashmere-- what inspires you on a day-to-day basis? What gives you hope? What makes you laugh?

Funny how people come into our lives and change us like that.... I am pretty flexible. Let's do hockey- in the spirit of this thread- and getting to know new things. Getting to learn about others and what excites them. I have done my share of car crashes and explosions. Hockey is new. (though, I have been to one HS hockey game)

What is is that you like most about the sport? the fights?

In a different thread, I might joke about body-shots... but here, we should probably do a margarita... or three.

Honestly, I got into hockey so we would have something to do together, but the more I learned about it I realized the strategy and skill involved. (and on a totally girly note, it didn't hurt that the Stars had Modano. ;) ) It's fast paced and exciting. And the fights are fun. :cool:

What Inspires me on a day to day basis?...Honestly, a dear relative of mine who is battling stage 4 cancer...I love her dearly and can say she is the most courageous, deeply nurturing and loving person I have ever known...She takes care of everyone and devotes her life to that and her faith...When I see that, I very quickly get out of " me" world...

What gives me hope?...My faith...My close friends and family...

What makes me laugh?...The innocence of children, especially my nieces and nephews...:rose:

XOXOXO

Hope to know more about you as well...

Honestly, I got into hockey so we would have something to do together, but the more I learned about it I realized the strategy and skill involved. (and on a totally girly note, it didn't hurt that the Stars had Modano. ;) ) It's fast paced and exciting. And the fights are fun. :cool:

OK- so if you ever tell anyone this, I'll deny it... but I just googled Modano (because, as you might guess, I had no idea of who you were talking about) and he is cute. (err... I mean... I could see how a woman.... might find him attractive.... ugh.... )

Seriously, though- I had a vision of hockey players being toothless brawlers... and he is NOT that.

And I could see the face-paced thing. There aren't many sports that don't stop every couple seconds... maybe basketball? But they score far more frequently. You are already teaching me so much!

So-- y'all stole your team from MN-- Seattle is in the process of stealing a BB team from somewhere. Here's my next question: Do you think that professional sports add to a city? How do they benefit the non-sports fan such as me?

What Inspires me on a day to day basis?...Honestly, a dear relative of mine who is battling stage 4 cancer...I love her dearly and can say she is the most courageous, deeply nurturing and loving person I have ever known...She takes care of everyone and devotes her life to that and her faith...When I see that, I very quickly get out of " me" world...

What makes me laugh?...The innocence of children, especially my nieces and nephews...:rose:

XOXOXO

(((BlackCashmere)))

Trust me. I know where you are. It is a painful battle to watch but awe inspiring in some ways.

(((BlackCashmere)))

Trust me. I know where you are. It is a painful battle to watch but awe inspiring in some ways.

Thank you honey...means a lot...Yes it is sad to see it, but you are right....it is so inspiring and puts things fast in to perspective...just a couple of day ago I was really down and feeling sorry for myself, and when I talked to her yesterday, I very quickly got out of my own skin...

Too many blessings...too much precious...too little time for anything but peace and love...:heart:

Hi L8tinIt--

Thanks for stopping in! How 'bout telling me something interesting. Did you do anything fun today? You off tomorrow? (I didn't notice- are you in the US?)

I haunt these forums on the weekends, at night
I am here from dusk 'til dawn

Thank you for having me
There are just as many more wonderful people here that also appreciate this new thread you have created... As you can see

OK- so if you ever tell anyone this, I'll deny it... but I just googled Modano (because, as you might guess, I had no idea of who you were talking about) and he is cute. (err... I mean... I could see how a woman.... might find him attractive.... ugh.... )

Seriously, though- I had a vision of hockey players being toothless brawlers... and he is NOT that.

And I could see the face-paced thing. There aren't many sports that don't stop every couple seconds... maybe basketball? But they score far more frequently. You are already teaching me so much!

So-- y'all stole your team from MN-- Seattle is in the process of stealing a BB team from somewhere. Here's my next question: Do you think that professional sports add to a city? How do they benefit the non-sports fan such as me?

Oh, no... there are some seriously HOT hockey players.... although looking at this year's roster and realizing that most of the players were born after I graduated from high school... :eek:

Not a basketball fan, really. At least not pro ball. My 7 and 9 year old nephew and niece's teams I'll watch all day long. :D

Pro sports adding to a city? That is the million dollar question, now isn't it? I lived in the DFW area for 20 years. That area has pro football (ugh... the Cowboys and Jerry Jones are a sore subject in my book...), pro Basketball (Mavericks), pro Hockey (Stars), pro Soccer (FC Dallas), pro Baseball (Texas Rangers), a super speedway for NASCAR and other race events... pretty much if there can be a pro team, they have it (with the exception of the WNBA).

Other than the tax income and tourist income from the sports, no I don't suppose there is a real benefit for a non-sports person. For a sports person like me, it's heaven!

XOXOXO

It is funny to me that we qualify statements with "honestly"- but I am SO thankful that you blessed us with your true self, and shared what is really going on in your life.

Why does it seem like so many people are struggling with cancer? I lost a friend about 10 years ago to breast cancer... :( But it sounds like you are truly blessed with perspective, faith, and people who care for you and the people you know. It doesn't make it less painful, but it does help get through...

And thanks for reminding me about the laughter of children. They are so fabulous, aren't they? It can be easy to take that for granted.

As for knowing more about me-- As my original post implies, I am more than wiling to share about myself. (often too much so) what can I tell you?

hey, Story_Daddy

Talking to these wonderful people is a great reason to do things, isn't it?
That is why I like hanging around Lit

Keep up the great work yourself, dude

Back