Let's Get Textual (Closed)

Tommy sneered at his phone, angered at her insinuation that he didn’t respect her. He took a deep breath. Let it go, he said to himself. He set his phone down and finished his coffee and wondered where all this came from in the first place. He wasn’t fooling around with anyone in her social circle, after all. He had to wonder which of her friends had asked her for his number. He couldn’t recall any of the girls at the party expressing any interest in him. Hell, he couldn’t think of anyone at the party that he had found all that attractive, apart from Anna and Samantha.

He shook his head, and pondered how to respond. The best thing to do would be to just let it go. He had shit to do, anyway. Tonight his band was playing at The Barn, a party bar at the edge of town, and they were getting packed up in a few hours. According to the facebook event page, they were expecting a pretty good crowd.

The gig was going well, the crowd was well-lubricated and in full boogie-mode, and the band was tight. Halfway through the show, Tommy saw a face at the front of the crowd he recognized from the party, a slender, petite blonde, and she blew him a kiss and then all the pieces from earlier, what Anna was griping about, fell into place.

He walked over to her once their eyes connected after the show. “Hey, you were at that party a week ago, right? I’m Tommy.”

“Abigail... hi...”

Tommy never answered her and Anna fumed.

She wanted to reach out one more time but she had no idea what she could say. Instead, she maintained her silence and was left to stew on just what he could be thinking.

That night, Anna was putting together a bedtime snack in preparation to go to bed early and get a good night’s sleep for work in the morning. After she had finished it and turned off the TV, Anna padded down the hall to the bathroom and completed her nightly routine. It wasn’t more than a few minutes before she was tucked in bed and sending a sleepy goodnight selfie to her boyfriend.

Tommy and Abi had a few drinks at the bar together, until Abi loosened up enough to start dishing on what Anna had told her about him. About how he was only good for one night, how he had a reputation.

“Well, that’s interesting,” he said. “If you know all that about me, then what brings you here tonight?” he asked her.

She gave him a cute little smile. “Maybe I wanted to see if it was true or not, for myself,” she responded.

A few minutes later, they were making out in the cab of Tommy’s pick-up. He had every intention of fucking Abigail right then and there, just so she would go and tell Anna all the sordid details.

He had his hands up her shirt; her tits were nice, but smaller than he liked. Still, he was getting hard as they made out, and soon enough he was unzipping his pants, adjusting himself to expose his cock to her, and guiding her hand to his thick meaty rod.

“Oh Jesus,” Abi moaned, grabbing ahold of it with her small hand, and then suddenly her eyes shot open and she pulled back from the kiss. “Jesus,” she said again, looking down at his cock in her hand. “Jesus fucking Christ, what the hell are you going to do with that thing?” she said, suddenly scooting back across the bench seat away from him.

Tommy looked at her and shook his head. “I was going to fuck you with it,” he said plainly, but he could already tell that wasn’t happening.

“No fucking way. I’m sorry Tommy... I can’t...” she mumbled, before opening the passenger door and slipping out of his truck, obviously shaken.

Tommy just sighed. It wasn’t the first time something like that had happened.

An hour later, Abigail was getting in, and she marched right over to Anna’s door. She paused for a second before knocking on it. “Anna? You up?” she said loudly.

Anna blinked one eye open blearily, startled out of sleep. For a minute she wondered what was going on but Abi was still pounding at her door. She heaved a sigh and struggled out from under her best of blankets and stumbled to the door.

She yanked it open and mumbled, “what?”

It might have sounded a bit abrupt but the anxious expression on Abigail's face made Anna hesitate, pulling open her door and tugging the other in to sit on the edge of her bed. She tried again.

“What’s up, Abi?”

Abi had a look of trepidation across her face as she sat down on the bed.

“So, uh... I went and found Tommy on facebook,” she began. “Yeah, I know, creeper, right? Well, I saw that he has a band or whatever, and that they were playing at The Barn tonight, so... I went.” She sighed. “Anna it was so much fun. You really should go. He can really play. Anyway, I stuck around afterwards and we ran into each other and started talking and we had a few drinks and it was going really good, he was so nice...”

She sniffed and shook her head. “So, like... we were making out in his truck and stuff, and he... uhh... he took it out...”

Abi looked over at Anna. “I think I figured out why he always has one-night-stands. I don’t think any girl could handle more than one night with him! That thing must have been a foot long! It scared the shit out of me!”

Her brain whirred around in circles trying to figure out what she was hearing. Finally, there was a loud raucous guffaw that bursted free and Anna couldn’t stifle her laughter. This was too good!

Tommy did have a big dick but to suggest that it was too massive to keep pleasing it... That was ridiculous!

Still, she felt some vindictive pleasure knowing that she’d been able to take that schlong down her throat with no issues and here this amateur was running scared. Tommy just needed a real woman and Abigail wasn’t it, apparently.

It took a few minutes to calm her laughter.

“So wait... you’re telling me Tommy has a huge dick and you just... what did you do? Did you run away? Girl, a man with equipment like that is a keeper! I guess Zachary wasn’t packing much but I think you really do need to expand your horizons a bit,” Anna said. “I mean, a foot long might be a little much and it’s not for everyone so I get it - don’t be ashamed you couldn’t take it. Something like that can rip you apart if you aren’t careful,” she giggled cheerfully, hamming it up.

She was overjoyed. Anna was going to laugh this one up for days.

Abigail nodded despondently. “It was just too much!” She pouted. “I was looking forward to that too but there’s no way I could have taken it,” she commented. She took Anna’s teasing good naturedly for a while before she decided that she wanted to go to bed herself so the girls said goodnight.

When Anna was settled back against the ceiling, her grin was infectious and huge, splitting from ear to ear. She reached for her phone.

Sucks to be you! Oh wait... No sucking involved. Guess that foot long scares little girls away! :D :cool: :D

After Abigail had split, Tommy headed back into The Barn; his bandmates had already left, and there were but a handful of people still hanging around. He knew the bartender well enough. Amber, as he recalled.

“I guess that one didn’t work out,” Amber smirked at him, drying a glass with a rag before pouring a cold beer into it and handing it to him. He tried to throw her some cash for the beer, but she waved it off. “It’s on the house.”

“Put it in your tip jar then,” he said, and she smirked again, flipped him off, and took the cash. They chatted for a bit, until she loudly informed the rest of the patrons that it was “LAST CALL!” She poured Tommy another beer.

“So you’re coming back to my place, right?” she asked him, point blank. Tommy’s phone buzzed in his pocket. He had a feeling that was Anna.

“Absolutely,” he replied with a devilish grin towards the brunette. He helped Amber clear tables and clean the bar and then checked the message when she was counting out the cash register. Soon enough, the two of them were heading to her little apartment a few blocks away, and Tommy got exactly what he wanted.

He even sent a little video to Anna.

Yep, sucks to be me
3072319.gif

“That prick!” She cursed when she saw the incomding video notification pop up on her texts. She could see the thumbnail and already knew that even though Abigail had backed out he’d found some hussy to blow him anyway. It was unclear if her statement was directed at him or the length of meat he usually (actually, rarely nowadays) kept tucked away.

Despite that, Anna ended up watching the video even as much as tried to just ignore it. Fuck, this girl was good. She might be a problem. Anna’s fire grew hotter, the angry jealousy overtaking her.

But that couldn’t be right. She had a boyfriend whom she loved. Why on earth was she so worked up about this? Tommy wasn’t hers and like she’d told Abigail, he did have some bad traits. He wasn’t a good fit. Anna had even told him to back off!

She didn’t answer his message that night, leaving him on read.

The next morning, Anna finally responded, repeating her earlier thoughts.

What a prick. No wonder you can’t keep a woman - two in one night? When one toy breaks you sure seem to replace her pretty quickly. It’s called s t a n d a r d s !

Tommy was just walking out of Amber’s apartment building when he got Anna’s text. He had to chuckle to himself a bit as he walked the few blocks back to the bar to retrieve his truck. He could tell she was all worked up, and something about that turned him on.

He messaged her back as he fired up his truck. Standards? The girl whose boyfriend passed out in the middle of sex is lecturing me about “standards”?

Even though their digs up to this point had been more subtle (okay, Anna HAD been pretty blunt...), that was an outright insult that Anna was not about to put up with. She was absolutely steaming and she let out a small squeak or outrage. Her fingers flew across the keys.

The fuck do you know???? Nothing! You can fuck right off with that entitled bullshit you’re pulling right now because my relationship with Adam is NOT your business! Secondly, I’m in love with him, in case you haven't noticed, and it’s not about the sex which is also NONE of your business! Whatever, Tommy, it’s not my issue that you’re jealous of your best friend’s stable relationship but if you want to be an asshole then don't bother messaging me!

It might have been a bit defensive and maybe even more on the offensive side than anything but Anna was just not going to put up with it. He made her sound like the terrible person and that wasn’t fair.

Her response got him hot and pissed him off even more. Entitled? Who was she calling entitled. He hadn’t even pulled out of his parking spot yet, but he stopped to reply quickly.

Entitled? We wouldn’t even be having this conversation if you hadn’t felt so entitled to tell me who I can and cannot mess around with, which is all really none of your god damn business! And if you think I’m jealous, you’ve got another thing coming. Your relationship isn’t nearly as stable as you say it is, based on what we DIDN’T do last weekend!

You’re so full of shit! I wasn’t exactly in my right mind. I was drunk and then you got me high! You knew I’d be vulnerable so you waited until after the mind-altering substances were in full effect before you touched me. You took advantage of me, Tommy. I didn’t know what I was doing right then but looking back I see that everything was a mistake; I was emotionally unstable and angry at Adam. Yeah, I sucked your dick. It shouldn’t have happened but it did and I regret it. I was willing to let it go but now that you’re talking shit about my relationship I’m not putting up with it. Fuck you Tommy O’Connor. I’m so done with you - I can’t believe that you’re actually so much of a jerk to throw this in my face. Delete this number and pull your head out of your ass!

As soon as she hit the send button, Anna felt a twinge of remorse at the terrible accusations she had just made, but her rage was palpable now; igniting higher and higher everytime she saw his name on her phone screen and Anna couldn’t help herself, so that guilt evaporated very quickly. She could be impulsive and potty-mouthed on a good day but when her temper was rising... She might get a little out of control sometimes, admittedly.

Deciding that she needed to wash down her ire with booze (even though that typically led to worse decisions - look what had happened last time, after all), Anna stomped over to the cupboard beside the fridge for her vodka only to find it empty. She huffed in frustration, biting back a scream. That ass had stolen her vodka too (because someone couldn’t have just drank the rest of it - no, that was a silly idea)! She almost sent a second message telling him that he owed her for that too, but that would mean dealing with him for longer than necessary and Anna wanted no part of that, thank you very much!

She grabbed her car keys and purse and when she finally got to the car she tossed her phone into the centre console and ignored any notifications she had. It wasn’t until she was standing in front of the rum aisle that she bothered to check her texts. She snickered, seeing that Tommy had messaged her back and it wasn’t pretty. Good. Let him be pissed at her - she wasn’t looking to be his best friend and he was being such a dickhead right now! Best to give him something to think about as she searched for her drink of choice.

Tommy read her text with wide eyes. Was she seriously accusing him of... raping her? She had fully enjoyed everything they had done together. The drinking, the smoking. She had cum on his face and he had cum on hers.

He gripped the steering wheel tight. He needed a drink. Something strong. He knew his beer selection at the house was running low, so he pulled into the first liquor store he came across.

Angrily, he sat there for a moment and composed his next message to her.

You can’t be serious. You were as willing a participant in everything as I was. Fuck you too. I’m sorry I ever responded to that dirty pic you sent me, slut.

It was way too harsh. He didn’t care. He sent it and went inside the liquor store, not even sure what he was after. Rum? Vodka? Beer? He perused the cold cases but nothing called his name. Rum. Rum was calling his name. He was angry like a god damn pirate.

He turned into the rum aisle and ran headlong into Anna!

“Oh, shit, I’m so sorry,” he stuttered, before seeing her and recognizing her. “Oh for fuck’s sake...”

She read his message just before he slammed into her. She dropped the bottle in her hands and watched it shatter, spreading alcohol all over the bottoms of their pants and shoes. Anna watched the dark amber liquid seep over the tiles. That worked well for her, because she could turn her face down so he couldn’t see the tears that had started to spill out over her cheeks.

Anna had this bad habit. Sometimes she cried when she was really frustrated, so the fact that she was mad at Tommy didn’t help with the pain of his words. Yes, she’d said some nasty things but what she’d just read felt like a knife in the heart.

Immediately, she dropped into a squat, hands shaking as she tried to pick up some of the bigger shards of glass. She’d just wrapped her fingers around one when she felt larger hands grasp her wrists and yank her to her feet. The glass sliced the tips of her fingers and Anna hissed, but his quick movement did cause her to look up at him. His irate expression faded for a moment when he took in the visible pain on her face and trembling body. His eyes tracked her tears and Anna turned away, embarrassed. Her words were laced with hurt and slightly weak but the venomous edge still came through when she said, “get your slimy hands off me - I don’t want to be anywhere near you. I don’t ever want to see you. Let me go, Tommy.”

Anna was trying to yank her hands away but the grip he had on her was too strong. Her struggles were all useless. They stood there in the wreckage of the rum bottle and Anna took a second to compare it to the ruins of her own lovelife and broken heart.

The crash of their bodies, the shattering of the bottle, for a moment all of it was just too much for Tommy, and he just held on tightly to her, despite her protestations. His mind raced. Anna was crying. She begged him to let her go but he just couldn’t.

“Calm down, please,” he begged her, doing his best to not have his own meltdown. Suddenly being in her presence was overwhelming. Too many emotions. He noted the broken label on the floor, and he walked the two of them out of the mess they had made. An employee was rushing towards them. “Sorry! Sorry! We ran into each other. It was an accident. I’ll pay for it,” he said, even as he grabbed another bottle of the same rum off the shelf.

He held Anna close, despite her pushing at him and her venomous words. He grabbed another bottle of the same stuff for himself, and marched her over to the cash register. “I’m so sorry,” he said to the clerk, who just rolled her eyes, and he went ahead and paid for everything.

“Come on,” he said to Anna, nearly sneering. Her blood from her fingers was on his shirt.

She didn’t want to put on even more of a circus act in the middle of the store, so she let Tommy lead her out of the mess and to the cash. When he told her to come, Anna didn’t really want to but she refused to be anyone else’s spectacle. She nodded slowly, apologizing to the employees as he pulled her along behind him.

Once they were outside and Anna could see it was a one way ticket to his truck, Anna started to struggle against him. She just ended up smearing her blood over the both of them since her body was so ineffectual against Tommy’s larger, much stronger frame. Her fingers were throbbing now and Tommy finally dropped her wrists only to push her into the cab of his truck.

Anna sucked her sore fingers into her mouth and slumped against the seat as she watched him circle to the driver’s side. She knew she wasn’t getting out of here without an argument, but she was so uncomfortable. Anna didn’t want to be here.

She was desolate as she begged “please, please Tommy. Please let me go - I’ve already said what I wanted and I just want to go home and drink and cry in peace like the dumb slut I am.” Her tears were starting again and Anna snifled, refusing to look at him. “I won’t say anything to Adam. Please. Can’t we just forget everything? I won’t bother you again, I promise,” she sobbed.

She knew she’d soon have a panic attack if she couldn’t settle down. It had been so long since she’d had one but Anna ddn’t have her anti-anxiety meds on her and it was so hard to be trapped in a small enclosed space with the man she loved (who didn’t love her). She could only hope he might pity her enough to let her run away like the coward she was.

Last edited:
“I can’t forget, Anna,” Tommy said, looking at her. He wanted to be so angry with her, but seeing her now, broken down after all her big angry talk, she was pitiful. He reached over and took her bleeding hand. She had cuts at the tips of three fingers where she had fumbled with picking up the broken bottle.

He raised her hand up towards his face, gently kissed the back of it. “And I know you won’t tell Adam our secrets,” he said. His lips traveled up towards her fingers. “I won’t either.”

He turned her hand, examined the cuts. They were small, and certainly wouldn’t require stitches. The bleeding was already slowing. He brought her hand back towards his lips, and then wrapped his lips around one of her bleeding digits, sucking the blood off her skin and out of her tiny wound into his mouth. He swallowed it down and took a sharp breath at the tangy flavor.

“Yummy,” he said, before doing the same to another finger, and then the other.

She watched him carefully but her panicked feeling was starting to bleed out of her as Tommy gently cleaned the crimson slickness from her fingertips. Tommy’s words and actions now weren’t offensive, so Anna was more easily able to calm. He didn't seem like he was ready to take her block off; in fact, he was acting like he cared about her wellbeing and that raised alarm bells. He was showing her more affection and care right now than Adam had all year, but Anna was still wary of why this was so. Less than half an hour ago he’d been saying terrible things to her.

One by one he cleaned and stemmed the bleeding and when he was done he did not release her hands. He held onto it and stroked a large thumb over the back of it. Anna’s was just confused; Tommy was so unpredictable. She’d expected not to hear the end of his yelling once he’d pulled her into the truck but he apparently more concerned with calming her down. Maybe he hadn’t meant what he’d said? Maybe his temper just got the better of him like it had Anna.

Slowly, her breathing returned to normal. She squeezed his hand and raised her head to look at his face.

“But I have to, Tommy. I can't stop thinking about what we did. I can’t stop thinking about you, but I have to because you aren’t my boyfriend,” she finally said. “I don’t want to forget but I have to if I have any chance of getting over you.”

Tommy sighed. It was a relief to know that she couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened; neither could he! At the same time, her stated devotion to Adam meant he needed to step back.

He wasn’t sure he could. His obsession with her, and desire for her, had grown with every passing day, no matter who he fucked. The rejection stung like a knife.

“Okay. Fine. Forget it,” he growled. He handed her the bottle of rum he had bought for her, and then opened his own and took a swig. He didn’t look at her.

“Go. Before I take you somewhere and get you drunk and stoned and... take advantage of you again.”

Just when she thought they were done fighting, Tommy surprised her with harsh words. Anna’s lips trembled again. She grabbed her stuff and was gone, slamming the door behind her. She didn’t bother to dignify that with a response, just so angry.

When she was in the safety of her own car, Anna’s tears burst free over the dam and she sat sobbing and simultaneously hyperventilating in her car for several minutes before she was able to calm herself down, leaning back against her seat.

“Fuck you, Tommy,” she muttered. “I’ll be damned if I bother with you again.”

She slammed the car door and stomped off, and a moment later, Tommy put the truck in gear and pulled out of the parking lot.

He spent the day in a daze, hating himself for the words that spewed from his mouth at her, but unable to muster the courage to message an apology. Instead, he drowned his sorrows, as he was sure she was doing, and longed for her.

He was still angry when he woke up the next morning, a fucking monday, and headed for work. He was distracted and unable to focus on his work. It should have been easy stuff to work on. Work he’d done a hundred times before. It was still early in the morning, and his phone buzzed in his pocket as he was assembling the frame for the roof of the house, and he slipped, and he had forgotten to tie off his harness, and he fell some fifteen feet, knocking his head on a cross-brace on the way down.

He didn’t come to until he was in the hospital...

Anna was in a bit of a sour mood at work that morning. Her coworkers stayed away unless otherwise addressed for help, and Anna completed her work almost robotically. A kind 74 year old with heart failure did manage to put a smile on her face but she was so busy otherwise she really didn’t even think of Tommy, until the page came over the ambulance scanners.

“Male, 24, fell and struck his head at a construction site. Unconscious upon first arrival but awake now. Is still slightly confused.” Anna began to tune the rest out until she heard the name of the patient. She froze, clipboard cluttering to the floor.

“Tommy O’Connor.”

Anna’s heart raced. She turned towards triage and said “I’ll take him on! I know him. I can get a bit better history.” Anna’s words were abrupt and she wasn’t sure if this was a good idea, but Anna needed to know he was okay.

When Tommy came to, the first thing he saw was a old man face, right in front of his face, and he screamed before realizing he was in a hospital room and also before realizing he was in a lot of pain, and the scream only made it worse, and he tried to pull himself into the fetal position and that only hurt worse.

His head was spinning. Hard. Like he was really drunk but with none of the pleasurable side effects.

They were asking him questions. His name, his address. It was like gibberish in his ears. His world was pain and confusion.

And then, a door opened.

And in she walked.

Her face, he recognized.

“Hi, beautiful.”

Anna sighed in exasperation. He wasn’t dying, that was for sure. She could breathe a little easier now that she’d laid her eyes on him. No matter how mad she was at him, Anna still loved this man.

“Hey, you,” she said softly, mindful that he likely had a pounding headache.

“How are you feeling? Any pain right now? Do you know where you are? What’s today’s date?” She rambled as she pulled her stethoscope off from around her shoulders. Anna circled around behind him to listen to his lungs, satisfied that they were surprisingly clear and strong despite being a smoker. Her small fingers sorted through his hair to search for any abrasions or head wounds. He was bleeding from a small spot at the back of his skull but it looked minor. Easily fixed with a couple stitches.

Everything else seemed to be in good working order as she examined him from head to toe.

He was looking a little pale and woozy, and Anna already knew he was confused. She just wondered how confused he actually was.

“Do you feel like you’ll throw up at all?” She asked in concern even as she flashed a light into his pupils to check how quickly they reacted. She could see that Tommy hadn’t been smoking weed today since his pupils were normal size, but there was still the concern that he might have a brain bleed or a concussion, in which case his pupils might be blown wide open or sluggish to react. They checked out. Then, she held out her hands.

“I want you to squeeze my hands - don’t worry about hurting me.”

Then she gave him a little break to get his thoughts together and answer her the best he could. Anna would go from there.

He squeezed Anna’s hands firmly, even as he gritted his teeth at the pain in his body. His brain felt rattled, and he couldn’t quite focus on Anna’s questions. His chest hurt everytime he took a breath. His back and hip were throbbing.

“A lot of pain...” he groaned. “How did I get here... what happened?” She explained to him that he came to the hospital in an ambulance, and that he had fallen while working. He nodded, and then shut his eyes as that had only made his head feel worse. “Fuck,” he groaned, clenching his fists. “Fuck, it hurts to breathe, baby...”

Back