Length of time a work can be pending

I submitted a poem two and a half weeks ago and it's still pending. In the past, it hasn't taken this long. Has it been overlooked and should I resubmit it?

I submitted a poem two and a half weeks ago and it's still pending. In the past, it hasn't taken this long. Has it been overlooked and should I resubmit it?
I submitted a couple a little over a month ago. They stayed in pending for a couple weeks so I resubmit… where they still sit pending. Just saying. 🤪

I’ve also got a single piece of artwork that’s headed toward 2 weeks pending. They must be busy, busy, busy.

resubmitting simply puts your work at the back of the queue again. don't do it!

i don't know why times for publication have changed, but so has approval time for avatars. I'd guess a lot has to do with the changes made to the site, possible glitches being ironed out, but a whole lot of it is caused simply by people continually resubmitting their work thinking it's not been seen. Just imagine how that affects the numbers of submissions as well as messing up the order of them, meaning some subbed long after yours now get accepted BEFORE because you were worried it'd been missed or, as others have done, grown impatient.

yes, it would help if admin posted some sticky or other about this, but i do believe it's been mentioned somewhere. There's definitely been a ton of complaints and people being informed not to resub in the forum dedicated to posting these issues.

https://forum.literotica.com/forums/lit-tech-support.68/

Last edited:
Thank you @butters

I was in the “worried it was missed” category since the two stories I submitted were published in under a week… I thought I’d messed something up. 🤪

Thank you @butters

I was in the “worried it was missed” category since the two stories I submitted were published in under a week… I thought I’d messed something up. 🤪
the avatar thing: it does seem, currently, that approvals are happening around once a month, so if you go for a new one close to the time it'll go up more quickly than if you request just after the last batch go up. Now this is pure speculation on my part, and could be for any number of reasons. Just don't keep resubmitting because it makes matters worse :D

Thank you everyone for weighing in. I was worried that something had gone wrong but it sounds like others have experienced, or are experiencing the same kind of delays. I'm glad to know not to resubmit.

I guess it isn't just me then. My poems always take forever to post, but personally I don't care too much. They're just poems, and nobody reads my poetry anyway. Lol

Back