Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

Basically I figure the Rider can transition between the material and the celestial plane (Heaven/Purgatori/Hell) so essentially by using the fire the rider "dipped" into the other plane and back out. like skipping a rock across a lake.

And like Nightcrawler!

Last edited:
The Rider

Alter Ego: Danielle “Danni” Ketch

Song 1- On the Wind I Heard A Sigh
Song 2- Riders in the Sky
Song 3- Bring Me To Life
Song 4- Born to be Wild
Song 5- Riders on The Storm

Alias: Xarathos/Ghost Rider/Phantom Rider/Spirit of Vengeance/Wanderer

Appearance:

Height: 5' 7"(Blaze), (Ghost Rider) 6'2"

Weight: 123 lbs (56 kg), (Ghost Rider) 180 lbs

Eyes: Brown (Blaze), Flaming Red (Ghost Rider)

Hair: Brown, (Ghost Rider) Fire

Place of Birth: Akeldama, Judea

Citizenship: unknown

Personality: Solemn. Depressive. Anti-social. (She’s cursed!)

Gear: Motorcycle/Horse. Biker leathers and boots.

Power/ability:

In human form, Danni does posses certain abilities that are transferred to Ghost Rider:

Demonic Transformation: Danni possesses the supernatural ability to transform into the Ghost Rider at will. Originally, she would automatically transform at night or in the presence of evil. However, she has gained control over the transformations and can transform through an act of will or when innocent blood is spilled.

• Highly experienced motorcyclist/Equestrian

• Invulnerability to any kind of fire

• Ability to travel between interdimensional realms and along any surface

• Immortality

• Resurrection

• Rides flaming motorcycle/Horse!

• Wields enchanted chain

But, as the Ghost Rider, she possesses a variety of supernatural powers.

• Ability to project regular and ethereal flame

• Can conjure a bike/horse using Hellfire!

• Wields shotgun that can produce Hellfire!

Hellfire Manipulation: Ghost Rider possesses the ability to generate, control, and project mystical fire, or "hellfire" at will. Hellfire is an empyreal and supernatural flame that burns the soul of a person and can be used to burn their physical body. She can utilize this fire in various ways, including projecting it from her eyes, hands, mouth, or even channel it from her body into her weapons like her shotgun, form walls of hellfire, and even create a motorcycle completely out of hellfire. She can also unleash the hellfire in omni-directional attacks that are incredibly powerful.

Mystical Chain Projection: Ghost Rider wields a mystical chain that is capable of growing in length, cutting through almost anything, and transforming into other weapons. She can also spew and project chains from her mouth or chest at will.

Penance Stare: Ghost Rider possesses the supernatural ability to cause any individual who stares into her eyes to see and feel every bit of pain they have ever inflicted on anyone in their entire lifetime for all eternity.

Weakness - Magic and Celestial/Demonic weapons.

Bio – Born in Akeldama, Judea in the Last year of Herod the Great to slaves of a Roman House. Her father a Gladiator, her mother a house servant. Growing up she spent a great deal of time being the slave of the Lady of the house. And being raped by the master of the house, and his soldiers, and his Gladiators.

And then came the day that HE came through town. He spoke of freedom, peace, prosperity. And she believed him. She escaped her house hold and fled into the waste to listen and learn what he would teach. Cutting her hair short she walked amongst his followers as a boy. But HE knew as soon as he looked at her.

And then she was discovered. For Four years she’d gotten away with it then it all came crashing down. Forced into a bargain she didn’t want she was promised the lawful freedom of her parents as well as herself. All she had to do was give up a man that had done everything for her.

And she did it. She gave up HIM to the Pharisees. In return she was give the heads of her parents, executed for inciting rebellion, and thirty shekels in recompense. Taking a chain from a wagon she tried to hang herself.

It took four days for her to die.

And HE brought her back.

HE cursed her to walk the earth until he returned. Forever punished for her sin again mankind, until he returned and forgave her. She was to be HIS instrument of Vengeance upon the wicked and evil of the world.

For 2000 years she has walked, alone, doing HIS will.

Over the years she has cultivated an uneasy alliance with the Vatican. During the Dark Ages they hunted her to the ground on numerous occasions. Until she fried Tomás de Torquemada Inquisidor General of Aragón, Valencia and Catalonia with the Penance Gaze, on September 16, 1478 at the monastery of St. Thomas Aquinas in Ávila.

They left her alone after that.

During World War One and Two she aided Rome on several occasions, and in return the Vatican formed a more.. assistive role to the Ghost Rider. Providing her on occasion with a new identity, passports, and whatever other small things they could help with.

Notes - Prefers Gothic music groups from the 1980’s. Man-o-War, Shakespear’s sister, Warlock, as well as oriental, Irish, and French music. Favorite colors: Midnight black, Blood red, Bone White.

Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence 20 (35)x/100

Strength 20 (42)/100 (25 ton lift)

Speed 20 (50)/100

Durability 20 (95)/100

Superhuman Stamina: The mystical energy that empowers Ghost Rider prevents her muscles from producing fatigue toxins during physical activities, granting her limitless superhuman stamina.

Superhuman Durability: Danni is highly resistant to the point of being basically immune to all types of earthly physical damage as she has taken blows from beings such as an enraged World War Hulk with no sign of pain or discomfort, had her entire skull destroyed and regenerated instantly without any discomfort, and while the Ghost Rider is in control only divine weapons forged in heaven can cause discomfort or harm to the Ghost Rider.

The Ghost Rider is capable of withstanding great impact forces, temperature and pressure extremes, powerful energy blasts, and falls from great heights without sustaining injury. As her bodily tissues have been transformed, leaving only a skeleton, most projectiles such as bullets simply pass through her or bounce off her bones. Ghost Rider's body is for all intents immune to physical injury, as She is evidently not able to feel pain and is able to survive with no apparent discomfort no matter how severe the injury (Unless a weapon forged from Heaven itself is used against him).

Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite her invulnerability to conventional forms of injury, weapons forged in heaven, can actually harm the Ghost Rider to a certain extent. However, if her being is damaged, the magical energies imbuing him allows the Ghost Rider or Danni to instantly regenerate any and all damage done, even to the point of fully regenerating lost limbs in moments, and regenerating her skull after it was destroyed in seconds without any discomfort or any evident pain.

Power/Energy Projection: 0 (85) /100

Combat: 12 (80)/100 (2000 years of practice…)

• Proficient in hand-to-hand combat skills

Last edited by a moderator:
Alter Ego: Danielle “Danni” Ketch

That is... a fascinating origin.

So she was Judas Iscariot. Except disguised, like Joan of Arc?

Did she choose her current surname as a callback to her method of suicide, since infamous executioner Jack Ketch has a strong cultural association with hanging?

If we get to that point, perhaps we can collaborate on a flashback scene in which M'gann's rescuer Dream of The Endless encounters Danni at some point in her 2,000-year life?

That is... a fascinating origin.

So she was Judas Iscariot. Except disguised, like Joan of Arc?

(yes)

Did she choose her current surname as a callback to her method of suicide, since infamous executioner Jack Ketch has a strong cultural association with hanging?

(No - Danny Ketch is one of the comic book host riders I just gender bent it)

If we get to that point, perhaps we can collaborate on a flashback scene in which M'gann's rescuer Dream of The Endless encounters Danni at some point in her 2,000-year life?

(YES!!!!!)

(No - Danny Ketch is one of the comic book host riders I just gender bent it)

Danny was actually my favorite Ghost Rider back in the day, so, I mean, I realized that was the source of the Rule 63'd name. But I mean, in universe. I'm assuming that "Ketch" wasn't Danni's original surname, as it doesn't seem especially Hebrew. So when she picked an alias, in this world, I wondered if that was her inspiration.

(YES!!!!!)

Excellent!

I'll have to reread "Sandman" summore to get his vocal patterns right.

Danny was actually my favorite Ghost Rider back in the day, so, I mean, I realized that was the source of the Rule 63'd name. But I mean, in universe. I'm assuming that "Ketch" wasn't Danni's original surname, as it doesn't seem especially Hebrew. So when she picked an alias, in this world, I wondered if that was her inspiration.

That is a feasible idea. So yes, we can go with it. :)

As Nubian hasn't responded/posted in the last month I guess we need a new gm, I am willing to take over unless someone else wants it.

as for val-zad.. his thoughts may be overshadowed by ghost rider's presence? so rose may pick up both and may believe they are the same?

but then there is the duality that is Ghost Rider to begin with (Celestial/Outcast) added to Danni..

so that's like.. 3 plus val-Zod...

I say whatever you decide to write Chas it will be epic and glorious.

As Nubian hasn't responded/posted in the last month I guess we need a new gm, I am willing to take over unless someone else wants it.

as for val-zad.. his thoughts may be overshadowed by ghost rider's presence? so rose may pick up both and may believe they are the same?

but then there is the duality that is Ghost Rider to begin with (Celestial/Outcast) added to Danni..

As long as there is some direction in what's going on I'm cool with anything.

I was weighing the merits of taking over.

I honestly don't know how good I'd do, though.

I'm going to say that Rose's telepathy is going to zero in on Val-Zod rather than The Rider for now.

It would probably be better for Rose to not accidentally scan a mystical fiery entity with her pyrophobic brain at this point in her development. She might spontaneously combust from the paracortex on out.

Once she grows a little more in her powers, the fact that she's part human and part Endless will help her mitigate her fire weakness somewhat, but for now she's like an exposed nerve soaked in gasoline. The slightest spark'll set her off.

Time and space are still pliable, and nothing here is certain...

I am a massive fan of HotCider's writing, and it really murders me to see him go.

I'm going to ask him to come back now that we're going forward with new direction, but if he doesn't come back, might call back on this aspect.

Rather than having his Hiro run off stage left and have another speedster character suddenly turn up, I may say that time has rippled and that the new character will phase in as though she were there all along-- Hiro's past actions will be retconned into her actions, and then it'll go forward from there.

But that's only if HC doesn't opt to come back.

What do you guys think?

Agreed on all of the above.. see you'd be a great gm. I have a GR post but I will pause on posting it so I can read the Var-Zod material.

Ok, read the Val-Zod info. basically he's a dark skinned superman that was having a little tussle with Aquaman...

Last edited by a moderator:
A Vathlo Kryptonian, yeah.

HC says he'll stay on, and he's talking about a second character, so that's promising!

[Image One] [Image Two]
Alter Ego – Nathaniel “Nathan” Fawcett

Alias – Captain Marvel, Marvel, That “Shazam Guy,” & Tropic Thunder.

Age – 21 (finally legal!)

Appearance – Nathan is 5’7” (170 cm) and 171 lbs (77 kg). He has blonde hair and steel-grey eyes and is pretty handsome for his age. Unlike his roommate Hiro, he tends to get a lot of female attention more than he would like. He wears T-shirts, cargo pants, sandals, and just basically the chilliest, bummiest clothes (he is in college after all). He will go to class in flannel pajama pants or hit up the dining facility in slippers. He isn’t as fashion- or cool-conscience as Hiro, and it drives him crazy since the females still flock to his beach bum style. Nathan didn’t have to craft his super hero uniform thank goodness. Every time he shouts to the heavens “Shazam!” He becomes this big, burly, red, white and yellow bad-ass who possesses the powers of six gods. As Captain Marvel, he tends to where his white hood because he feels that it makes him look even more bad-ass. Despite having the voice and appearance of a grown man in his prime, Nathan as Captain Marvel still has his immature boyish moments.

Personality – Nathan is very laid-back and lazy. He’s not as energetic as Hiro and if there was one thing the two had in common it was that they both like to sleep except Nathan sleeps too much in Hiro’s opinion. Hiro always tries to get Nate out of his room and away from the video games, taking him out to parties only to get mad when the girls gravitate toward him. Nathan actually feels sorry for Hiro because he tries so hard. If only he would just learn to be himself.

While Hiro’s goal is to pick up girls in college, Nathan’s is just to get a degree so he can acquire a good job and make a life for himself.

Gear (Optional) – None

Powers

Divine Empowerment: All of the powers granted collection of six by gods and figures of legend either directly or through Shazam.

SThe Wisdom of Solomon – As Captain Marvel, Nathan has instant access to vast amounts of scholarly knowledge, including most known languages and sciences. He has exceptional photographic recall and mental acuity, allowing him to read and decipher hieroglyphs, recall everything he has ever learned, and solve mathematical equations. He also has a great understanding of divine phenomena in the mortal world. The Wisdom of Solomon provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.

HThe Strength of Hercules – Hercules’ power grants Captain Marvel immense superhuman strength, making him one of DC’s strongest characters. He is able to easily bend steel, punch through walls, and lift massive objects. In the comics, this strength has been compared to Superman. The strength of the Golden Age Captain Marvel was unlimited, and the character was strong enough to move stars and planets.

AThe Stamina of Atlas – Using Atlas’ stamina, Captain Marvel can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults, and heal from them. In some stories, The Stamina of Atlas makes Captain Marvel invulnerable. The Stamina of Atlas also prevents him from getting tired.

ZThe Power of Zeus – Besides fueling the magic thunderbolt that transforms Nathan into Captain Marvel, it also enhances other physical and mental abilities and grants him resistance against all magic spells and attacks. The hero can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or other target. The magic lightning has several uses, such as creating an apparatus, restoring damage done to the hero, and providing fuel for magic spells. The current-continuity version of Shazam is able to personally generate and control lighting for various uses. He also can use it readily from his fingertips. The Power of Zeus enhances the levels of Shazam’s other powers as well. From Zeus’s power, Captain Marvel inherits his invulnerability.

AThe Courage of Achilles – This aspect gives him the courage and bravery of Achilles and in one story it is claimed to give him his fighting skills. It also aids the hero’s mental fortitude against most mental attacks.

MThe Speed of Mercury – By channeling Mercury’s speed, Captain Marvel can move at superhuman speed and fly.

Accelerated Healing

Clairvoyance: The ability to understand situations from many angles, including future and past consequences with superhuman clarity and accuracy.

Divine Grace: Innate luck and divine guidance that allows finesse in actions and dealings with others.

Healing: The ability to use transformative lightning to heal others or one’s self instantly.

Indomitable Will: An incredible amount of willpower that allows perseverance in overwhelming odds and seemingly unbeatable situations.

Self-Sustenance: The ability to survive without sleep, food, water, or air.

Teleportation: The ability to access the Rock of Eternity.

Transformation: The ability to transform from a mortal to the entity empowered by the six.

Abilities

Multilingualism: Thanks to The Wisdom of Solomon, he has the ability to understand, comprehend, and speak any language on earth.

Charisma: Another facet of his intelligence is his ability to talk his way out of situations. As a man with an unprecedented amount of wisdom, he prefers to talk, rather than fight.

Weakness

Vulnerability to Electricity: He can be reverted back to his alter ego with enough electricity. Once that happens, he is just Nathan Fawcett and susceptible to human weaknesses.

High-Powered Magic: It can weaken him or de-power him.

Immature: He still acts his age and his silliness carries over into his superhero persona.

Bio – Nathan Fawcett had a rather lonely upbringing. He was an orphan whose parents were archaeologists murdered by their treacherous assistant Theo Adam, later known as his archnemesis Black Adam. Shazam taking pity on Nathan had him abducted and brought before him to the Rock of Eternity. It was there that Nathan was bestowed with the power of Shazam. Ever since, Nathan has been doing his best to survive. When he became old enough to leave the orphanage, he got a job flipping burgers at the local burger joint, raising money so that he could leave Fawcett City and make a new life for himself. It took him a few years but the day he turned 21 was the day he managed to save up enough money to attend college at Berkley, following in his parents’ footsteps by pursuing a degree in Anthropology that would carry over into a Masters in Archaeology.

Upon arriving at the college, he was given a room with a speedster by the name of Hiro Kitagawa. The two are oblivious of each other’s powers and the role that they’ll play in the new Justice League.

Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence
(50)90/100

Strength
(20)100/100

Speed
(15)90/100

Durability
(15)100/100

Power
(10)100/100

Combat
(10)85/100​

Last edited:
Speed of Mercury, all right.

Wow, that was quick!

What do you think, guys?

It looks good to me!

I worry we're a little bit top-heavy in the powers department, with three Kryptonian level characters-- four if you count Rose when she gets better at having powers.

But then again, the regular Justice League has about that level, too.

I should hopefully have a post for Kaldur in a little bit.

I also like that you kept in that electricity thing as an Achilles (heh) heel.

As much as I love Cap (and Mary!) they always seemed a little lacking in the Kryptonite department. Electricity works.

Maybe at some point Kaldur has to taze him to get him to behave and accidentally switches off his powers? Just spitballing.

Agreed on all of the above.. see you'd be a great gm. I have a GR post but I will pause on posting it so I can read the Var-Zod material.

Ok, read the Val-Zod info. basically he's a dark skinned superman that was having a little tussle with Aquaman...

Varshanka:

Since we're currently unaware of Val-Zod's mindset in attacking Metropolis and Aquaman, do you think he's as much confused and scared as he is angry? Like when Supergirl crashlanded in Gotham in that one pre-Flashpoint "Superman/Batman" comic and its animated adaptation?

His dc.wiki article says that he struggled with agoraphobia at one point in the post-Flashpoint "Earth 2" comics, having trouble with open spaces after having lived in a capsule for much of his life. Could he be lashing out at something similar here?

Just so Rose has a concept of what she can zoom in on with her brain to find the real fight.

Back