Justice for Trayvon??

Back to the trial.

It's no surprise to me, and most likely not to the defense, that manslaughter will be included in the menu of options for the jury. It's a common practice in Florida to make lesser charges an option and while the defense objected, it is their obligation to do so, no one should believe that they aren't prepared for that.

Listening to some of the pertinent sections of the prosecutions closing statements I get the impression that the prosecution is actually going for the manslaughter conviction. That too makes sense is that 2nd degree murder is probably far beyond their reach.

I fully expect the defense to concentrate on rebutting the manslaughter charges in their closing statements.

A key phrase in Florida statutes regarding manslaughter is, "culpable negligence." The defense is most likely going to argue that negligence was not part of the sequence of events, Zimmerman shot Martin on purpose and has readily admitted to same. That was a purposeful act and as such requires charges of 2nd degree murder at the minimum. The prosecution has been setting the stage for the negligence portion to be applied to an act on Zimmerman's part that occurred prior to the actual confrontation that led to Martin's death.

In reality both parties made missteps prior to the final confrontation. From transcripts and recordings it's obvious that Martin successfully evaded Zimmerman at some point, yet returned for the confrontation to take place. This is a fact regardless of whether Zimmerman continued to follow in the direction that Martin disappeared or was returning to his vehicle as he stated. Obviously had Martin taken advantage of his evasion and returned to his residence no one would have heard of either of their names. In effect that represents 'culpable negligence' on Martin's part.

But it will go to the jury this afternoon and after that it's a crap shoot.

Ishmael

Slor2PQ.jpg

There might be a double standard, but this article doesn't show that. This article is about something entirely different than the Zimemrman case.

When a thread is not going well for AJ, he routinely introduces some sort of cut-n-paste misdirection in an attempt to change the topic of conversation.

Back to the trial.

It's no surprise to me, and most likely not to the defense, that manslaughter will be included in the menu of options for the jury. It's a common practice in Florida to make lesser charges an option and while the defense objected, it is their obligation to do so, no one should believe that they aren't prepared for that.

Listening to some of the pertinent sections of the prosecutions closing statements I get the impression that the prosecution is actually going for the manslaughter conviction. That too makes sense is that 2nd degree murder is probably far beyond their reach.

I fully expect the defense to concentrate on rebutting the manslaughter charges in their closing statements.

A key phrase in Florida statutes regarding manslaughter is, "culpable negligence." The defense is most likely going to argue that negligence was not part of the sequence of events, Zimmerman shot Martin on purpose and has readily admitted to same. That was a purposeful act and as such requires charges of 2nd degree murder at the minimum. The prosecution has been setting the stage for the negligence portion to be applied to an act on Zimmerman's part that occurred prior to the actual confrontation that led to Martin's death.

In reality both parties made missteps prior to the final confrontation. From transcripts and recordings it's obvious that Martin successfully evaded Zimmerman at some point, yet returned for the confrontation to take place. This is a fact regardless of whether Zimmerman continued to follow in the direction that Martin disappeared or was returning to his vehicle as he stated. Obviously had Martin taken advantage of his evasion and returned to his residence no one would have heard of either of their names. In effect that represents 'culpable negligence' on Martin's part.

But it will go to the jury this afternoon and after that it's a crap shoot.

Ishmael

Manslaughter (criminal negligence) is, correctly speaking, acting in a way you know can produce death. Driving drunk. Speeding. Running a light. Allowing your pet lion to run loose. I've known convictions for driving with an expired license that resulted in death.

We had such a case here 20 years ago. A mother with two kids aboard ran a red light and hit a truck in the intersection. One child was killed, the other child was paralyzed and comatose. The truck driver was convicted of manslaughter for the expired license. He was sober, driving appropriately, had a green light...but his license had expired. He got 25 years.

Is there any fair minded person who honestly wants this poor Latino fellow to be sent to prison?

It sadly appears there are still some GB posters who wish this to happen. What a sad commentary on the type of filth that infest this sorry site.

O'Mara: He goes silent for 4 minutes - very awkward but seemingly effective. That's how long #Trayvon had to run home. Why didn't he?

Why did THUG not run home? Why did THUG ATTACK A CIVIC MINDED COMMUNITY ORGANIZER?

The THUG DESERVED TO DIE

Is there any fair minded person who honestly wants this poor Latino fellow to be sent to prison?

It sadly appears there are still some GB posters who wish this to happen. What a sad commentary on the type of filth that infest this sorry site.

boring-bart-simpsons-Favim.com-439090_large.gif

Why the Zimmerman Prosecutors Should Be Disbarred and LYNCHED

Toward the end of his closing statement on Thursday, Florida Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda posted a slide on a screen in a fifth-floor Seminole County courtroom.

"Which Owner would be more inclined to yell for help?" read the banner on the top of the slide. The slide was divided in two. On the left was a photo of George Zimmerman's Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm handgun, and on the right was a can of Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail. Beneath the photo of the gun was the question, "Who followed?" Under the can was the question, "Who ran?"

So absurd was de la Rionda's presentation, and the whole case for that matter, that the can was turned sideways so the label could not be read. Throughout the trial, prosecutors have called the drink "iced tea" lest the word "watermelon" be said in court. "F***ing" was okay. De la Rionda said it more times than the average rapper, but "watermelon," apparently because of its racial connotations, was not.

Hiding the word "watermelon" was the least of de la Rionda's dishonesties. This one slide had several built in. As to who ran, Martin had four minutes to run the 100 or so yards to the house he was visiting. When he attacked Zimmerman, he was still 70 or so yards from that townhouse. Do the math.

Then, too, from the day the State took over the case, prosecutors knew that Zimmerman was the one screaming for help. All evidence supported that save for the dubious identification by Martin's mother. If the State's jobs were to sow the seeds of reasonable doubt, one could forgive them this deception, but that's not the State's job. That's the defense's.

The State's job is to make the case for the defendant's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Fifty years ago, in Brady v. Maryland, the U.S. Supreme Court established that a prosecutor's responsibility was "to seek justice fairly, not merely win convictions by any means." In the case at hand, this meant that the State of Florida had the responsibility to share promptly all exculpatory evidence with the defense. It did not.

One substantial block of evidence that it kept to itself until a whistleblower alerted the defense was the content of Martin's cell phone. On Tuesday night of this week, phone expert Richard Connor made a detailed presentation. Although the jury was not present, the respective attorneys were, as were the media.

For dubious and probably reversible reasons, Judge Debra Nelson disallowed Connor's testimony, but prosecutors have known for many months about the downward spiral of Martin's life. In the course of his close, de la Rionda called Martin an "innocent young boy" and made several other allusions to that effect. He was intentionally deceiving the jury. Martin was neither little nor innocent.

Consider the following exchange from November 2011, three months before the shooting. After Martin told a female friend he was "tired and sore" from a fight, she asked him why he fought. "Bae" is shorthand for "babe."

MARTIN: Cause man dat nigga snitched on me

FRIEND: Bae y you always fightinqq man, you got suspended?

MARTIN: Naw we thumped afta skool in a duckd off spot

FRIEND: Ohh, Well Damee

MARTIN: I lost da 1st round :( but won da 2nd nd 3rd . . . .

FRIEND: Ohhh So It Wass 3 Rounds? Damn well at least yu wonn lol but yuu needa stop fighting bae Forreal

MARTIN: Nay im not done with fool..... he gone hav 2 see me again

FRIEND: Nooo... Stop, yuu waint gonn bee satisified till yuh suspended again, huh?

MARTIN: Naw but he aint breed nuff 4 me, only his nose

The fight followed the mixed martial arts (MMA) format. A day later, Martin would tell a friend that his opponent "got mo hits cause in da 1st round he had me on da ground nd I couldn't do ntn."

As the girl complained, Martin was "always" fighting. He was also something of a sadist. His opponent, after all, did not bleed enough. Why might this be relevant?

Jonathan Good, the closest of the eyewitnesses to the shooting, confirmed last week the testimony he gave on the night of the shooting, specifically that there was a "black man in a black hoodie on top of either a white guy ... or an Hispanic guy in a red sweater on the ground yelling out help," and that black man on top was "throwing down blows on the guy MMA [mixed martial arts] style." That is right: "yelling out help."

On January 6, 2012, Martin got into trouble at school again. When asked why, he told a friend, "Caus I was watcn a fight nd a teacher say I hit em." Said the friend, "Idk how u be getting in trouble an sh**." By this time, Martin's mother had thrown him out of the house for "fightn," and he had moved in with his aunt and uncle.

Martin's younger half-brother, Demetrius Martin, sent one of the more indicative messages. Last seen in the media crying as he remembered his brother during a "March for Peace," Demetrius asked Martin when he was "going to teach me to fight."

"This defendant didn't give Trayvon Martin a chance," said de la Rionda. No, it was the State of Florida, the Department of Justice, and even the president that didn't give Zimmerman a chance. Someone should pay.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013...cutors_should_be_disbarred.html#ixzz2YqEGCizK
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Remove user from ignore listIrezumiKiss
This message is hidden because IrezumiKiss is on your ignore list.

Hopefully you will be MARTINIZED:D

Any claim of self defense in a homicide is an admission to committing that homicide. The question becomes is it justified or not. In this case I believe the evidence shows it was and the charge of second degree murder should never have been charged in the first place. I don't believe any purposeful act of self defense requires a charge of second degree murder. What we have here is a political show trial put on by the state under pressure from the Obama administration. Let's face it we had a Chief of Police fired and a lead investigator reduced in rank for not finding the requisite PC evidence to placate the anti-gun liberal media and black community.

There have been a few people who have done a Herculean job in ignoring the fact that Gov Scott has a long history of opposing what Obama wants. What did Obama have on him to make him finally fold, & why didn't Obama use it sooner?

Has anyone seen the videos produced by the Sheriff's department to head off violence after the trial? They seem pretty tone deaf to me. "Let's line up all of our black officers and make a rap video!" Doesn't really inspire confidence in their "the police have got your back" message they're looking to sell. Videos here.

There have been a few people who have done a Herculean job in ignoring the fact that Gov Scott has a long history of opposing what Obama wants. What did Obama have on him to make him finally fold, & why didn't Obama use it sooner?

Rich Scotts approval numbers are awful, and he'll be running against Charlie Crist next year. Crist is the born again Democrat.

Rich Scotts approval numbers are awful, and he'll be running against Charlie Crist next year. Crist is the born again Democrat.

That makes no sense. Obama doesn't control Scott's approval #'s.

What did Obama say, "unless you prosecute Zimmerman, I'll have Crist run against you in 2014"? That's happening anyway.

Has anyone seen the videos produced by the Sheriff's department to head off violence after the trial? They seem pretty tone deaf to me. "Let's line up all of our black officers and make a rap video!" Doesn't really inspire confidence in their "the police have got your back" message they're looking to sell. Videos here.

racist, aint it?

Lynch

Da

Ugly

CUNT

Zimmerman Judge A “Life Long Democrat”…

Which would explain some of her behavior in court.

Via TSM:

Years before they would endure a televised pummeling in the Florida courtroom of Judge Debra Nelson, the two lawyers representing accused murderer George Zimmerman actually donated money to the prickly jurist’s first election campaign, records show.

In 1999, Republican Governor Jeb Bush appointed Nelson, a lifelong Democrat, to fill a vacancy in the 18th Judicial Circuit (covering Seminole and Brevard counties). When Nelson ran the following year for a full six-year term, she donated 85 percent of her campaign’s $151,000 war chest.

shoot the NIGGERS

New Black Panthers Planning “Rallies And Street Maneuvers” For Zimmerman Verdict…

Holder’s peeps.

Via Washington Times:

New Black Panther Party members are prepping for rallies and gatherings in the wake of the George Zimmerman murder trial, but are coy on whether violence, riots and other chaotic outbursts are potential — or welcome — offshoots of those events.

On one hand, NBPP members promise on their Twitter site that they will not engage in any sort of unlawful outbursts if second-degree murder suspect George Zimmerman’s trial ends in a not-guilty verdict.

The pertinent tweet: “All over the nation in case Zimmerman is exonerated … we will engage in no unlawful activity.”

But on the other hand, the group’s Twitter site is alive and kicking with fresh updates about a planned Sept. 7 rally to show solidarity with 17-year-old shooting victim Trayvon Martin — complete with admissions: “We can’t and WON’T try to control the general dissatisfied population. For sure we are ORGANIZING.”

That tweet included a photo of a flier for the NBPP’s Millions for Trayvon youth march, set for early September at the Adam Clayton Powell Jr. State Office Building in New York.

And at least one member of the NBPP has headed down to the Florida site of Mr. Zimmerman’s trial — to do what, isn’t specified.

The tweet: “I’ll be making my way to Florida for post-verdict activities. Can’t sit this one out.”

A series of tweets posted in the same time frame reference the potential for post-trial violence — and the NBPP’s attitude toward that likelihood.

“If Zimmerman is acquitted there is likely to be unrest all over America. It will be way beyond the capacity of the NBPP,” the tweet read.

Back