Just another person with avatar issues...

flyingbluejay

Mercy Lyons
Stuck in the "awaiting moderation" avatar clue as well for a couple of weeks. I just tried uploading a different image (.jpg vs .png) and will update if that fixes it

Stuck in the "awaiting moderation" avatar clue as well for a couple of weeks. I just tried uploading a different image (.jpg vs .png) and will update if that fixes it
just another would kind of indicate you'd mayyyyyybe read the other posts about this? keep submitting more and more images or resubmitting the same over and over will not speed your process but puts your request back to the end of the line each time. At the same time, it clogs any backlog further.

yes, it would be nice if admin could put out a definitive statement regarding the process, reasons for delays, or if they only go through the requests once a month but they haven't so please try to be patient and not keep attempting to upload more av changes.

I waited two weeks before changing the image to see if there would be any impact due to changing the file type…I’m not spamming them or doing anything “over and over” lmao. Just adding to the chorus of people who’d like any sort of definitive timeline, or like you said a statement, because 2+ weeks (some taking months) for avatar approval seems pretty ridiculous when stories that have to actually be read usually take 3-5 days. If it’s a tech issue, mods should know how many people are experiencing it. If it’s just backlog, they should say something about timelines

I waited two weeks before changing the image to see if there would be any impact due to changing the file type…I’m not spamming them or doing anything “over and over” lmao. Just adding to the chorus of people who’d like any sort of definitive timeline, or like you said a statement, because 2+ weeks (some taking months) for avatar approval seems pretty ridiculous when stories that have to actually be read usually take 3-5 days. If it’s a tech issue, mods should know how many people are experiencing it. If it’s just backlog, they should say something about timelines
Mods have nothing to do with avatar approval or story approval. There also aren’t any promises or guarantees of avatar change timelines, so it’s not like the site is promising something and not delivering. It takes the amount of time it takes.

I have Never had a problem before and that goes back to the early 2K's. The next day has always worked for me. Has there been a change of ownership.

I have been trying to change my avatar every couple of days. It does not make any difference if I put up a thousand images. The control panel does not load and the submit button does not work.

I have Never had a problem before and that goes back to the early 2K's. The next day has always worked for me. Has there been a change of ownership.

I have been trying to change my avatar every couple of days. It does not make any difference if I put up a thousand images. The control panel does not load and the submit button does not work.
Wait, so it’s not changing right away (or the next day) for you, then?

I've been on here now about two weeks. I didn't try to put up an avatar the first couple of days. But I've been wondering the same thing...why does it take so long?

I've been on here now about two weeks. I didn't try to put up an avatar the first couple of days. But I've been wondering the same thing...why does it take so long?
I was told only a few people operate this site, just have to be patient, I've changed my pic a few times and waited 2-4 weeks before it changed.

I have not been able to find out why, no matter what pic I load, no avatar, just the “Big L.” I feel silly, having 31 stories out since December and no avatar.

I’ve read every time we try to upload a new avatar we go to the bottom of their moderation queue again. So we just wait. It’s frustrating but I guess they don’t have a lot of help with it. . .

I’ve read every time we try to upload a new avatar we go to the bottom of their moderation queue again. So we just wait. It’s frustrating but I guess they don’t have a lot of help with it. . .
Yes very true, once you pick what picture you want it's all about waiting,; uploading it again and again will just slow the process down.

are you still waiting on approval? I found this thread through search because I was wondering why mine was still blank after a few days. I guess I’ve got a longer wait ahead of me than I thought

Yes very true, once you pick what picture you want it's all about waiting,; uploading it again and again will just slow the process down.
Ohh fuck! :ROFLMAO: I tried it hundred times! No, make fun. But 20 times i tried to upload for sure! I am now waiting for 4 months.

and people wonder why it takes so long

yes, a word from the site owners regarding this topic would help but there're plenty offering the same advice: do it ONCE and leave it be.

and people wonder why it takes so long

yes, a word from the site owners regarding this topic would help but there're plenty offering the same advice: do it ONCE and leave it be.
An AV change takes 14 days. If you change your mind and sub another add another 14. Gone are those lovely days when you could just slap a new one up at whim. :rose:

An AV change takes 14 days. If you change your mind and sub another add another 14. Gone are those lovely days when you could just slap a new one up at whim. :rose:
back when you last changed it, maybe...not nowadays :) not unless you're lucky and submit that close to t publishing a new batch in one go.

yes, i do remember. it was fun and we were spoiled: not many free sites offer that facility!

I’ve been waiting over a month now. It was about 2 weeks the last time I changed it. Maybe before Christmas. More finger crossing.

Dear tech support,

A couple of months ago or so I submitted a pic for a new avatar. It has now been so long waiting I am bored with it so could you please delete it from my submission. Thank you so much.

I was considering resubmitting but I think that may just put me back to the bottom of the stack. Just waitin and ahopin

Back