Unable to Access Control Panel

MisterEbox

*Insert Title Here*
I recently set up a new computer a couple days ago and have since been unable to access the control panel (this link specifically if it matters, https://www.literotica.com/my/#/ ). Upon signing in to Literotica, my username/password are accepted. However, I'm taken to the stories page/index ( https://www.literotica.com/stories/ ) with the "Login" and "Sign up" options available as if I weren't logged in.

Attempting to click either option takes me to the page where the control panel is loading, but the webpage refreshes infinitely. At least, that's what I assume based on the refresh icon in the top left spazzing out.
Otherwise, the "Application code" step constantly swaps between showing a checkmark and the loading icon, and it never advances to "Constants," "Checking JWT," or "Session data." Occasionally, the checkmark on "Application code" lasts for a fraction of a second, but it always returns to what it was doing before.

The visuals are slightly different with the beta design/version of the site.
I'll be signed in and can see my profile icon in the top right, but any link leading to the control panel has the same result as above. Looking through other forum posts related to this and checking a couple different pages, I've found that the chat page ( https://chat.literotica.com/ ) will look as if I'm logged for a moment. It then switches to show the "Log in" and "Sign up" options and places to enter my login info in the "Login to the New Literotica Chat Now" section. A refresh of the page results in the same thing occuring.
*Small edit: The specific visual thing of switching to look like I'm not logged as described in the paragraph just above has happened once or twice when viewing stories on the site.

I've tried using multiple browsers and logging out alongside clearing history/cookies/cache without success. Considering that I've had no problems accessing the control panel on my phone or tablet, this problem is on my end of things, maybe? I'm not a very technologically literate kind of person, so I'd appreciate some input on this.

Last edited:
Have you tried logging in through the Forum side? Open your browser to the stories index page, but instead of logging in there, click the link to the forums and log in once you're on "this side" of the site?

Have you tried logging in through the Forum side? Open your browser to the stories index page, but instead of logging in there, click the link to the forums and log in once you're on "this side" of the site?
Logging into the forums is fine, but any time I've clicked a link that involves going to the control panel, "My Home," "Options," "Works," etc., the issue of infinite refreshing happens. This includes after following your instructions.

It sounds like you've tried everything I would have recommended already. You said it is a new computer, right? Is it possible your security settings are the issue? If you are using Windows 11, that could be it.

It sounds like you've tried everything I would have recommended already. You said it is a new computer, right? Is it possible your security settings are the issue? If you are using Windows 11, that could be it.
It is a new computer with Windows 11, so I guess I'll look into that angle and possibly downgrading to Windows 10 tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

I'm not saying you have to downgrade to Win10. Look in your Windows security settings and see if it is blocking the site.

I mentioned the downgrading because Windows 11 is an identifiable difference with the new PC. As for looking through the security settings, I haven't been able to find anything that suggests the site is being blocked. If that was the case, I would also be getting some sort of error message, yes?

Last edited:
I mentioned the downgrading because Windows 11 is an identifiable difference with the new PC. As for looking through the security settings, I haven't been able to find anything that suggests the site is being blocked. If that was the case, I would also be getting some sort of error message, yes?
I am still using Win10 since it was my installed operating system with this PC. I wouldn't blame you one bit for going back to it! However, I figured there might be something in the Windows security settings for Win11 that was causing the issue. I have no idea if it would generate an error message. I mean, it would make total sense, but I never count on that from Microsoft. :rolleyes:

Some good news:

Switching to Windows 10 made it so I didn't experience the same problem when trying to access the control panel. It loads properly, and I can access the different pages, "My Home," "Options," etc.

A short while later, the problem returned, but I thought I hadn't messed with any computer settings besides setting the time manually. When I turned on the option to set the time automatically, I was able to access the control panel again. I tried testing this option multiple times with multiple browsers to try and make sure. Currently, it seems like the issue returns on the PC whenever I tried setting the time manually. I didn't stumble across this with Windows 11, so I don't know if it's the same situation there.

An error page showed on one attempt when the time was set manually. The page went back to infinite refreshing half a second after it popped up, but I saw a message that read "www.literotica.com redirected you too many times."

Some other news:

I don't know why this worked or if the problem could simply appear again in the future.

I specifically mentioned PC above because I encountered the infinite refreshing a couple of times on my phone earlier too. I think it consistently does it when trying to visit https://www.literotica.com/my/#/ without being logged in beforehand. I tried the same thing on PC, but that takes me to an actual log in page where I can enter my login information. I don't know if this bit of info matters, but the infinitely refreshing "Control Panel is loading" page on the phone was missing the "Checking JWT" step.

When I've logged into Literotica a couple times recently with the phone (specifically just logging in, not accessing the control panel), the same message of being redirected too many times showed up. However, this process somehow fixed itself after a second, and I then have no issues logging in and accessing the control panel there.

I've had a couple of times where clicking on the dropdown menu next to the profile icon takes me directly to the "Options" page instead of opening the menu. I haven't encountered this consistently though.

Glad you're at least back into your control panel, but I wonder how many Win11 users are locked out entirely. You know? If they can't log in at all, then we won't see them here asking for help.

Sorry if it was unclear before, but, at least in my case, logging into the forums hasn't been a problem at all. It was getting into the control panel that was the issue.

If the confusing bit was that I mentioned the visuals of a page looking like I wasn't logged in, I said that in case it was a useful detail to someone with more know-how. I call it a visual thing because I could see I was logged in on this page, https://www.literotica.com/beta/stories/ , with the profile icon and working dropdown menu in the top right whenever I went to it.

Sorry if it was unclear before, but, at least in my case, logging into the forums hasn't been a problem at all. It was getting into the control panel that was the issue.

If the confusing bit was that I mentioned the visuals of a page looking like I wasn't logged in, I said that in case it was a useful detail to someone with more know-how. I call it a visual thing because I could see I was logged in on this page, https://www.literotica.com/beta/stories/ , with the profile icon and working dropdown menu in the top right whenever I went to it.
Oh, no, I understood. I mean, if you couldn't log into the forums we'd never have had this conversation in the first place. 😁

What had me concerned was that neither of us had a clue why Win11 caused your issue in the first place. Whatever it was could well be a more pervasive issue for other Lit members, keeping them from logging in entirely. If that's the case, we wouldn't even know.

Oh, no, I understood. I mean, if you couldn't log into the forums we'd never have had this conversation in the first place. 😁

What had me concerned was that neither of us had a clue why Win11 caused your issue in the first place. Whatever it was could well be a more pervasive issue for other Lit members, keeping them from logging in entirely. If that's the case, we wouldn't even know.

Well, I can't say I specifically know Windows 11 had anything to do with it. I didn't think I had the problem after going to Windows 10 for a little bit, but then it seemed to somehow be related to the one setting I messed with after downgrading.

And now I wonder if I got lucky because I tried replicating the issue by setting the time manually, but I've had no problems getting to the control panel today. I did get that "too many redirects" message again once (on Chrome), but it also fixed itself after a second.

Last edited:
Small update: I have managed to replicate the issue when changing the manually set time from AM to PM on my PC. It works fine with time set on AM, and the infinite refreshing has happened each time I set it to PM. Whether this relates at all to the actual time of day, I don't know.

* Relates to the actual time on the PC, I mean.

** As it is currently, it seems that having my time set to the opposite half of the day stops the issue from triggering. Trying it this morning, it doesn't happen with time set to PM and does with AM. In comparison to yesterday afternoon, it was the opposite.

Last edited:
I'll be honest I'm having the same issue, where i can't get into the main Dashboard and it just refreshes infinitely and I can't do anything about it unless I go on my phone or an older computer.

Im having the exact same issue. Whenever I log in, and go to click on Works, its just Infinite spinning and loading. Ive tried in private browsing and not across three different browsers, no setting restraints either. Also strangely enough, I am able to access the works tab whenever I go to literotica and log in via my iphone. So there's that.

Some good news:

Switching to Windows 10 made it so I didn't experience the same problem when trying to access the control panel. It loads properly, and I can access the different pages, "My Home," "Options," etc.

A short while later, the problem returned, but I thought I hadn't messed with any computer settings besides setting the time manually. When I turned on the option to set the time automatically, I was able to access the control panel again. I tried testing this option multiple times with multiple browsers to try and make sure. Currently, it seems like the issue returns on the PC whenever I tried setting the time manually. I didn't stumble across this with Windows 11, so I don't know if it's the same situation there.

An error page showed on one attempt when the time was set manually. The page went back to infinite refreshing half a second after it popped up, but I saw a message that read "www.literotica.com redirected you too many times."

Some other news:

I don't know why this worked or if the problem could simply appear again in the future.

I specifically mentioned PC above because I encountered the infinite refreshing a couple of times on my phone earlier too. I think it consistently does it when trying to visit https://www.literotica.com/my/#/ without being logged in beforehand. I tried the same thing on PC, but that takes me to an actual log in page where I can enter my login information. I don't know if this bit of info matters, but the infinitely refreshing "Control Panel is loading" page on the phone was missing the "Checking JWT" step.

When I've logged into Literotica a couple times recently with the phone (specifically just logging in, not accessing the control panel), the same message of being redirected too many times showed up. However, this process somehow fixed itself after a second, and I then have no issues logging in and accessing the control panel there.

I've had a couple of times where clicking on the dropdown menu next to the profile icon takes me directly to the "Options" page instead of opening the menu. I haven't encountered this consistently though.
This post just helped me! I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I turned off the automatic time setting while traveling. I had the exact same problem with the control panel not loading. I just turned the setting back to automatic and I was able to log right in.

I had the same issue. I changed my computers time setting to automatic. Annoyingly the time is a few hours ahead (even though it's set to the correct time zone). It seemed to fix things though, and it's not a big deal to turn it back to auto when I need to.

This being unable to load the control panel is going haywire again.

I just hit my CP. Loaded right up, less than 10 seconds.

What I have noticed that might be related to some of you experiencing intermittent slow loading is that every once in a while a forum page that is heavy with pictures will seem to take forever to fully load. Pictures paint slowly like the days of dial-up. Makes me wonder if they have one server flaking out.

I just hit my CP. Loaded right up, less than 10 seconds.

What I have noticed that might be related to some of you experiencing intermittent slow loading is that every once in a while a forum page that is heavy with pictures will seem to take forever to fully load. Pictures paint slowly like the days of dial-up. Makes me wonder if they have one server flaking out.
It worked for me just now too (loading of the control page). The problem is intermittent and has been going on for weeks. It also has nothing to do with loading of the forum page.

Back