Jokes in stories that no one got (or commented on)

Why do you think she was wearing glasses 🤣?

Facials have visual appeal, but if God didn’t intend us to swallow, She’d not have given us mouths 😊.

Em
God hath given thee three main holes and four auxiliaries, thou may filleth them with seed or let them go to hay as thou will.

ecd2e76b-5a2b-4162-a601-e2964fe7ae7f_text.gif

Last edited:
Why would God manifest as anything other than a woman? We are so much nicer to look at 😊. Are you saying She has no taste?

Em

I dunno. I've read the Bible. And the God in that book is DEFINITELY a male.

Because no woman could cock things up as badly as He does in that book.

I dunno. I've read the Bible. And the God in that book is DEFINITELY a male.

Because no woman could cock things up as badly as He does in that book.
Yeah - that’s God in fiction. I was talking IRL. We both already know Satan is female 🤣.

Em

Yeah - that’s God in fiction. I was talking IRL. We both already know Satan is female 🤣.

Em

In Bedazzled with Elizabeth Hurley, yes. In Constantine, Lucifer, and The Prophecy Satan presents as male.

He also presented as male to me the other day. I reminded him he was last seen transitioning to female in my ficverse and I do not like inconsistency.

In Bedazzled with Elizabeth Hurley, yes. In Constantine, Lucifer, and The Prophecy Satan presents as male.

He also presented as male to me the other day. I reminded him he was last seen transitioning to female in my ficverse and I do not like inconsistency.
Satan is female and her name is Lucy. People get very confused. Particularly the patriarchy 🤣.

Em

I've never had anybody comment on a joke or reference I've put in a story. There's a scene in my current incest story where the mc shares a kiss with his mom and ask if he has lipstick on his lips, because it surprised her, to which she said; "no, it's prostitute grade". During dinner with her half sisters family, in response to a question, he sez; "tomorrow we're going to find the office of misses Zarves here," because when she left to live life when he was a baby, his dad was so disraught, they had to hide her office when he ran it. If you're over 26 and don't get that reference; shame on you.

I’d like to thank @AchtungNight for trying to keep this train wreck of a thread on track.

Em

Thx for starting it.

Easter egg from “Running Down a Dream"-

"We look forward to killing you if we can't trust you," Ryan Reynolds jokes to the FMC.

A famous ninja on YouTube gave me that joke.

Mentioned this Easter egg in a similar thread a (long) while ago, in Off Campus 03 Pt. 01:

"Business is way down, and we're not meeting expenses.".
"How come? What changed?" I ask.
"Acme Manufacturing closed their plant! A third of our business was from them."
"So... what happened to Acme?"
"They lost the Coyote Industries contract. Not a lot of demand these days for heavy iron products like anvils and safes. Their revenues fell off a cliff."

No comments at all on it; it could've been because it was at the beginning of the story.

It also may be a generational thing; the Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner cartoon series dropped out of general broadcast in Saturday morning children's shows in the '70s when the overwrought mommy contingent was castigating animated classics' tongue-in-cheek depiction of violent events as unsuitable for children. Oh, if those mommies could only see today's video games.

My work has MANY references to so many things that it would be a work in itself to list them all. From simple things like Phoenix Wright to relatively obscure internet memes, some which act as a gateway to fully understand what is happening at the moment. Nobody has commented regarding them, so I am assuming the average person only got maybe a third of them.

Sometimes I think of those as a "bonus" for any who understand it and just text to go over for the others. I like to imagine that a select few got those and were sent laughing, smiling and pointing at their screen as if trying to shout at me. Even though I wrote an alien culture I tried to abstain from just dropping unexplained cultural norms, memes and the like.

And so you have one example, have this small passage and reference:

The Reference to have it fresh

"And she found a final piece to put on the wall of impenetrable logic that was the way of these people… a final steel slab to slam down as if a determined lawyer was presenting damning evidence… "

Yes, I dared make the reader imagine a sound effect.

Back