Japan Is Preparing For The Chinese Threat

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry
Japan’s Military Is Getting Ready To Take On A Rising China
Japan’s Ministry of Defense uses annual white papers to survey the country’s strategic surroundings and explain how it means to manage them. Its latest such survey shows Tokyo upping its game vis-à-vis China in a major way.

ByJames Holmes

Japan’s Ministry of Defense uses annual white papers to survey the country’s strategic surroundings and explain how it means to manage them. Its latest such survey shows Tokyo upping its game vis-à-vis China in a major way.

The most startling statistic in Defense of Japan 2023 concerns funding for the Japan Self-Defense Forces (SDF). In the coming five years, Japan intends to spend over two and a half times on the SDF what it spent in the most recent five years. Japan envisions hiking the budget from 17.2 trillion yen to 43.5 trillion yen, or about $307 billion.

Whoa.

The Japanese military has long been a compact force of enviable repute. Now it is poised to become a force of serious heft as well. This marks a sharp break with history. For decades after World War II, to mollify opinion in Asia and around the world, Japan self-limited its defense budgets to 1 percent of GDP. It cast itself as an intrinsically inoffensive society, incapable of a new round of imperial conquest. That era of self-restraint is gone thanks to Chinese, North Korean, and Russian belligerence.

Beijing, Pyongyang, and Moscow may come to rue their misconduct.

We must look at the direction of Japanese defense spending as well as the total sum. According to Defense Minister Hamada Yasukazu, Japan will focus on two priorities. “First, to maximize effective use of our current equipment by improving operational rates, securing sufficient munitions, and accelerating investments in improving the resiliency of major defense facilities; and second, to strengthen the core areas of our future defense capabilities, including stand-off defense capabilities that can be utilized as counterstrike capabilities and unmanned assets.”

More here: https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/08/japans-military-is-getting-ready-to-take-on-a-rising-china/

Asia better get ready for a rearmed Japan.

Japan’s Military Is Getting Ready To Take On A Rising China
LOL, I'll ear mark this for future reference, kind of like your Arizona Voter Fraud thread!!

Sometimes it's self preservation and sometimes it's just state-sponsored onanism.;)
A lot of crying wolf. People get numbed to this and I feel we won’t be prepared if someone were to take action.

Ah well, I’m not in charge, so might as well go shopping.

A lot of crying wolf. People get numbed to this and I feel we won’t be prepared if someone were to take action.

Ah well, I’m not in charge, so might as well go shopping.
Have a nice day. Think I'll break out some cameras and take a ride.:)

Good plan, your ass must be red by now from all the abuse it's taken today......lol
Listen up sweetheart, for abuse to be effective it has to be seen and felt and even if you were within range a friggin' hurricane couldn't accelerate your feathered boa to a speed that might actually be felt. :rolleyes:

i remember before your total mental collapse you used to post lots of photos. 😔
You don't remember shit except for the whereabouts of your crack house. I've never had a mental collapse. I've been a semi-pro photographer for many years and only post my images on my website and other professional photography websites, never anywhere else online.

You don't remember shit except for the whereabouts of your crack house. I've never had a mental collapse. I've been a semi-pro photographer for many years and only post my images on my website and other professional photography websites, never anywhere else online.
my favorite was one of you and your pencil-thin mustache holding a rifle overlooking what appeared to be the grand canyon. ;)

So link us up so we can see your pics

You're a right winger. That requires a mental collapse.

Back