Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
damppanties said:
You know what I'm on a high about. :D *poke*
I do?

I do?? :rolleyes:

Why would you be on high about *that?* You wouldn't be as close to me as...well, you-know-what in you-know-where.

FatDino said:
I do?

I do?? :rolleyes:

Why would you be on high about *that?* You wouldn't be as close to me as...well, you-know-what in you-know-where.
Yes, but 5 hours away. :nana:

Btw, elaborate about you-know-what in you-know-where. :confused:

damppanties said:
Yes, but 5 hours away. :nana:

Btw, elaborate about you-know-what in you-know-where. :confused:
But isn't 5 hours longer than half an hour and no need of another visa? :rolleyes:

joeys-game said:
what was? :confused:

I just got home from the ER. Damn 'granulated abcess [sic].'

Apparently, when that scorpion stung me, it zapped a nerve ending in my ankle, one that runs all the way up to the knee. Been giving me no end of pain for the last few weeks.

Anyway, there I was, in the ER, twitching in pain. They finally get around to approving pain medication, and the nurse comes over with . . . something. Started with a D, but it wasn't Demerol. Anyway . . . wow. Two hours later, and I'm still feeling it. :D

slyc_willie said:
I just got home from the ER. Damn 'granulated abcess [sic].'

Apparently, when that scorpion stung me, it zapped a nerve ending in my ankle, one that runs all the way up to the knee. Been giving me no end of pain for the last few weeks.

Anyway, there I was, in the ER, twitching in pain. They finally get around to approving pain medication, and the nurse comes over with . . . something. Started with a D, but it wasn't Demerol. Anyway . . . wow. Two hours later, and I'm still feeling it. :D

Diamorphine
Diamorphine is a form of morphine that is very easy to dissolve in very small amounts of water. So it is usually used for morphine that has to be given by injection, especially in a syringe driver. This is a battery operated or clockwork pump. It delivers liquid from a syringe to a needle sited just under the skin. The pump can deliver tiny amounts continuously. So it is used when good regular pain control is needed for people who find it difficult to swallow tablets or are troubled by sickness. It is often used for people who are terminally ill, but being cared for at home. A nurse will come and change the syringe every 24 or 48 hours. ???

maybe

joeys-game said:
Diamorphine
Diamorphine is a form of morphine that is very easy to dissolve in very small amounts of water. So it is usually used for morphine that has to be given by injection, especially in a syringe driver. This is a battery operated or clockwork pump. It delivers liquid from a syringe to a needle sited just under the skin. The pump can deliver tiny amounts continuously. So it is used when good regular pain control is needed for people who find it difficult to swallow tablets or are troubled by sickness. It is often used for people who are terminally ill, but being cared for at home. A nurse will come and change the syringe every 24 or 48 hours. ???

maybe

Nope. Had that before. This was just a single shot, though she gave it to me slowly. I could feel it like sand going across the back of my shoulders, then nothing but that pleasant, heady feeling.

Whatever it was, it definitely took care of the pain. Even now, though I'm relatively lucid, the pain isn't there.

I can't be arsed to do much today.... I've done so much driving over the past couple of days that even though my body's stationery, it still feels like I'm travelling.

carsonshepherd said:
Save it for a rainy day.

It's raining here today... :(

__

Last night at poker I had fun. I mean REAL fun :D I was bouncing around in my seat, cheering on the other players whenever they made a bet, even if against me, and just acting like the weirdo that I have always been, but have been subduing for the past few years.

I just enjoyed the hell out of myself and it was a blast :D

Ok, which one of you Yankees left the icebox door open?

69 yesterday mornng. 56 with a gusty north wind this morning.

Please shut the door, I don't care for the cold. :rolleyes:

Although my fuzzy bathrobe does feel good. :nana:

TxRad said:
Ok, which one of you Yankees left the icebox door open?

69 yesterday mornng. 56 with a gusty north wind this morning.

Please shut the door, I don't care for the cold. :rolleyes:

Although my fuzzy bathrobe does feel good. :nana:
They did it! *Pointing towards the north.* it is warm and sunny here. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back