Island, which bands, musicians do u bring along?

Ooh. Good question. My picks would be
U2
Rush
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Not only are all three fabulous musically, all have reputations for getting along well with others and for being good storytellers. I want harmony of all kinds on my island, and great stories to listen to when we're not making music!

Ooh. Good question. My picks would be
U2
Rush
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

Not only are all three fabulous musically, all have reputations for getting along well with others and for being good storytellers. I want harmony of all kinds on my island, and great stories to listen to when we're not making music!

This is so cool! I have been binge-listening to Rush for the past few days. Love them! Love The Trees. I think Geddy Lee is sexy! Glad he's on the island.

And U-2 can sing the October album over and over! Welcome!!

Allman Brothers Band
Yes
Jeff Beck

I heard that Jeff can be a bit temperamental, but I've seen him live twice and he is amazing. Plus he seemed ok when I very briefly met him after a show.

You are on an island, stranded it appears. A huge menu board comes down from the heavens.
Much to your delight, you can choose three bands, musicians, past or present, to join you for the rest of your stay.
Which band or musician do you choose?

I'll start happily, and will choose all boys. Sorry, Chrissie Hynde, love you but, you know.

1. Bon Scott's ACDC. (Leave the booze behind Bon, but bring your jeans and bagpipes. Plus, you must sing Night Prowler to me every night before bed. And, Malcolm, you can play your riffs all night long.)

2. Led Zeppelin. (Robert, bring your jeans and Jimmy your pucker and John your Hammond organ and Gonzo, welcome back.)

3. Stevie Ray Vaughan. (Here's your chance guy to really celebrate your sobriety. Bring along Double Trouble. I want to hear Pride and Joy as many times you feel like playing it.)

1. Led Zeppelin for sure. I hope it includes all the live stuff and outtakes.

2. Bob Marley...I'm on an island so he has to be included.

3. Beatles...because of their quality and volume of work. I would want all the work they did as individual artists as well. I could pass a lot of time with that.

So, so many others I would miss though. Maybe the heavens would be kind and expand the choices for good and naughty behavior!

:)

Will

Lots of islands ... lots of musicians ... lots to hear ... lots to experience, naughty and good.

you've got the right attitude

Welcome! :D

Hmmm...

Ozric Tentacles (15 albums right there!)
Early Prodigy
Meatloaf (Don't judge me)

Bonus choice - Glen Miller Orchestra.

The great thing about Led Zeppelin - as the band name was meant to imply - is that they'd have been equally comfortable with acoustic (Zeppelin, as in light and airy - "acoustic") as they would've been with electric power (Led, as in heavy ; spelled "Led" instead of "Lead", as their manager, Peter Grant put it, so that the "Thick Americans wouldn't mispronounce it....").

So, my bands (assuming in their primes and with electric power on the island) would be:

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Who
Cream
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix Experience

The great thing about Led Zeppelin - as the band name was meant to imply - is that they'd have been equally comfortable with acoustic (Zeppelin, as in light and airy - "acoustic") as they would've been with electric power (Led, as in heavy ; spelled "Led" instead of "Lead", as their manager, Peter Grant put it, so that the "Thick Americans wouldn't mispronounce it....").

So, my bands (assuming in their primes and with electric power on the island) would be:

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Who
Cream
Janis Joplin
Jimi Hendrix Experience

Indeed, all in prime. Thanks for the nod to Janis. I think she may be here already, perhaps even visiting my island, but we definitely need Pearl. Great line-up, Cross.

And I'll be listening for one of my favorite lines evah ... you know, one of the songs you have to keep listening to --no matter what -- until you hear:

YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

\m/

Marilyn Manson
Cradle of Filth
King Diamond
Slayer and pre black album Metallica.

I'm not the person you want to have as your next door neighbor at the hotel:eek:

Marilyn Manson
Cradle of Filth
King Diamond

I'm not the person you want to have as your next door neighbor at the hotel:eek:

You can say that again. I’d leave the island and take my chances with the sharks.:D

Marilyn Manson
Cradle of Filth
King Diamond

You can say that again. I’d leave the island and take my chances with the sharks.:D

Welcome both of you ...

no hotels here. not sure about sharks, though. :D

Which bands/musicians are you bringing along, adre

I am sure I am rehashing old responses but is has been awhile.

1) Rush (RIP Neil)

2) Boston

3) Jim Croce (for a bit of a change of pace)

Back