Island, which bands, musicians do u bring along?

I'm liking this thread...

I'd have to go with

1. Eagles, pre bustup and pre Glenn Frey's death of course. Acoustic or electric, it makes no difference to me. I love the mix of mellow and driving country rock.

2. Toto. Sorry folks but I'm a mellow 80s sound type of guy. I love the sound these guys put out back before the death of uber drummer Jeff Porcaro. That dude was a god on the skins.

3. Gary Moore with Phil Lynott, Scott Gorham, Brian Downey and BB King as backing band.

I'm liking this thread...

I'd have to go with

1. Eagles, pre bustup and pre Glenn Frey's death of course. Acoustic or electric, it makes no difference to me. I love the mix of mellow and driving country rock.

2. Toto. Sorry folks but I'm a mellow 80s sound type of guy. I love the sound these guys put out back before the death of uber drummer Jeff Porcaro. That dude was a god on the skins.

3. Gary Moore with Phil Lynott, Scott Gorham, Brian Downey and BB King as backing band.

Welcome Kiwi!!

Good selections! We enjoy the mix. Toto is good, crazy how Africa has surged again!

Have fun, and visit your neighbors ... follow the music. :rose:

Jimmy Buffett - not only one of my absolute main faves, but situationally on the money.

Lynyrd Skynyrd, #1 favorite band ever - I'm sure we can work in some steel drums somewhere. Think Reggae Free Bird...

The Bangles, but only if I get dibs on Susanna Hoffs - then or now...

Then
4c0627ee28cf50d3b66a61bfb4e1a80b.jpg

Now (2017)
nOeapyA.jpg

Jimmy Buffett - not only one of my absolute main faves, but situationally on the money.

Lynyrd Skynyrd, #1 favorite band ever - I'm sure we can work in some steel drums somewhere. Think Reggae Free Bird...

The Bangles, but only if I get dibs on Susanna Hoffs - then or now...

Then
4c0627ee28cf50d3b66a61bfb4e1a80b.jpg

Now (2017)
nOeapyA.jpg

Welcome to the islands, HBerg!! This is Jimmy's first stay here, I believe. And smart think'n bringing along your gal ... it's your fantasy, you get dibs!

Oh, and turn it up!! :D

Its really hard to narrow it down, but my answer TODAY would b

1) John Coltrane Quartet with McCoy Tyner, Elvin Jones and Jimmy Garrison (The Love Supreme band)

2) Queen Been spinning them a lot lately and I've loved them since childhood.

3) Ben Folds (preferably with Ben Folds Five) but if he didn't have the band, I could finally play with him.

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - for the good music and constant laughs. (None of them are really 'beach' guys, but oh well.)
Beyonce and her touring band, for the fun.
A semi-famous bass player who I've already promised to be stranded on a desert island with - we have like a celebrity chef already chosen, and a fridge full of a drinks, and a spa pool on the beach and stuff.

I'm dying to know who the bass player is.

Its really hard to narrow it down, but my answer TODAY would b

1) John Coltrane Quartet with McCoy Tyner, Elvin Jones and Jimmy Garrison (The Love Supreme band)

2) Queen Been spinning them a lot lately and I've loved them since childhood.

3) Ben Folds (preferably with Ben Folds Five) but if he didn't have the band, I could finally play with him.

I'm dying to know who the bass player is.

Some new names have made it to the island! Will have to visit and check out the sound! Welcome!! I'm curious about that bass player too!

Badfinger
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Buddy Holly

Can you imagine the songs Buddy Holly would have written had he not died at age 22?

Badfinger
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Buddy Holly

Can you imagine the songs Buddy Holly would have written had he not died at age 22?

Welcome to the island! It's been a little slow here lately, but let's get the party going again.

Your comment got me thinking, first about that Tchaikovsky reference in AC/DC's Let There Be Rock, about how rock n roll (long live rock n roll, flashing the Dio sign) started.

And, if Holly hadn't died, we wouldn't have American Pie. I cannot imagine a music world without American Pie.

The Allman Brothers Band ( original members )
The Moody Blues
The Who

Welcome to the island! It's been a little slow here lately, but let's get the party going again.

Your comment got me thinking, first about that Tchaikovsky reference in AC/DC's Let There Be Rock, about how rock n roll (long live rock n roll, flashing the Dio sign) started.

And, if Holly hadn't died, we wouldn't have American Pie. I cannot imagine a music world without American Pie.

I do love American Pie, but if I could go back in time I don’t think I could sacrifice the life and potentially massive library of Buddy Holly tunes for that one song, incredible as it may be.

My goal today is to leave my apartment. Doesn’t really mater where I go from there as long as I wander around outside for a while.

I do love American Pie, but if I could go back in time I don’t think I could sacrifice the life and potentially massive library of Buddy Holly tunes for that one song, incredible as it may be.

Oh, I wouldn't want to wish a shortened life for anyone ... so happy that's not our decision to make, so American Pie it is :rose:

I’ll be on Mellow Island with Pink Martini.

Then Socially Responsible Island with Bob Dylan.

And finally Folk-Rock Island with CSNY.

The Allman Brothers Band ( original members )
The Moody Blues
The Who

Hi Tenney,
Good choices here. Seems the islands these days are full of classic rockers . When a good wind blows, you can hear the music from other islands. It's fun playing with you on the music threads. Rock on!

I’ll be on Mellow Island with Pink Martini.

Then Socially Responsible Island with Bob Dylan.

And finally Folk-Rock Island with CSNY.

Welcome!

When Dylan is in the mood for "Hurricane," let me know and I'll drop by to hear it.

And Neil Young :heart:. Wonder if any of them will show up at Woodstock II?

Back