Is this fair?

Massive_Ass69

Experienced
So I have a question and I am not trying to villainies or shame the victims but I am watching a documentary about a man who was arrested for sexually assaulting students. He had multiple affairs during his marriage and I am not saying that is right or the wife shouldn’t be upset. A significant portion of these relationships began prior to them dating and getting married. Now, I say “students” but they were adult students, not children. After he was arrested, understandably, the wife was hurt, I don’t fault her nor can I imagine but is it fair for him to be painted as the villain in the sense of “sexual assault” when there is clear correspondence of women actively engaging him and pursuing him? I’m not saying that he may not have assaulted any of the women and for that he should absolutely be punished, but how fair is it that the other women whose messages prove that they pursued him and were willing participants now claim “assault”?
Again, I get his wifes anger because he was slanging that dick around everywhere and gave her an STD. I am not saying that I know the entire situation but I am legit confused. I hope that I do not come off as insensitive, I am asking for input and to get different perspectives.

Wasn't she 15 or 16? And in that state it's a crime to have sex with a student even at 18? His wife did say shag all the women you want but why target your students?

Not watched third ep yet. How the fuck did he find time to sleep and eat?

Wasn't she 15 or 16? And in that state it's a crime to have sex with a student even at 18? His wife did say shag all the women you want but why target your students?

Not watched third ep yet. How the fuck did he find time to sleep and eat?
I haven’t gotten through to all the episodes yet either. Honestly, I was exhausted watching the first two episodes just watching all about his sexcapades. Lol. I’ll go back and watch it later. I need to watch something lighthearted before I can go back to that. If she was 16 then he is dead ass wrong and needs to be prosecuted. Again, he needs to be held accountable for grooming and assaulting her and if he assaulted any others but that aside, not minimizing what he did to them, but the other adult women who were willing participants that are claiming he manipulated them…. Idk. I think that’s a stretch. From what I did see, they knew he was married, which is wrong, but they knew and they contributed. He was clearly a phelanderer and is saying whatever to get what he wants. Not right, but again, these women knew. That’s what I am curious about. I feel that the focus should be on the ones he assaulted and the teen vs. his cheating with willing adults.
I agree 100% with him being prosecuted for what he did to that teen and any others he used his position to take advantage of. Idk. Maybe they are using that to establish a pattern of behavior but to me, his pattern of behavior is willing adults. Idk the mindset of someone who does this, perhaps he escalated beyond cheating with adults.
Not making excuses for him but I am just curious about the adult willing participants now claiming to be victims when they initiated and cultivated the relationship with him.

IMHO if you are the legal age you can have sex with anyone you like as long as it is consensual.

Institutions often have rules for situations where there is a power differential. While it may be legal, there are many circumstances where it will cost someone their job.

Institutions often have rules for situations where there is a power differential. While it may be legal, there are many circumstances where it will cost someone their job.
He was 48 and the three students were about 16 I think (he was Teacher of the Year). He got five years in jail and 15 on probation. And on the sex offenders reg.

Oh wow. This wasn’t a university, then, but a secondary school? Yeah…punishment deserved.
He certainly wasn't a one trick pony. Numerous affairs, some with his wife's friends (in their house). Visited prostitutes, multiple women on the go, his students also. Liked domination both ways, mummy and daddy roles, being walked on a dog leash and all kinds of other shit. Like I said, when did he sleep? Probably on Lit too!

The manipulative weedling texts for sexy pics that they obviously didn't want to do made me want to smash his stupid face in. Horrible cunt.

I’ll have to go back and finish watching it. I don’t think 5 years was long enough.
Same here, will finish it tomorrow. The wife just couldn't walk away, still talking to him in prison looking for answers. It consumed her didn't it.

Exactly. Have you ever seen the “Friends” episode where Ross was dating a student and was saying it is not against the rules, merely “frowned upon” and his fellow protesters were like “nah dude, you’re gonna be fired”. And that was at a university level….

The story seems to keep changing here. First "they were adult students not children," next they're not adult they're underage teens.

Second: There's an assumption in the OP that if there was ever any consensual sex between two people, there's no possibility that any other sex between them could be nonconsensual. That's a dangerous narrative. Someone can be nonconsensually assaulted by someone they have had consensual sex with at some point.

The story seems to keep changing here. First "they were adult students not children," next they're not adult they're underage teens.

Second: There's an assumption in the OP that if there was ever any consensual sex between two people, there's no possibility that any other sex between them could be nonconsensual. That's a dangerous narrative. Someone can be nonconsensually assaulted by someone they have had consensual sex with at some point.
Wellllll if you read everything you would see that I posed the initial question not having watched the entire series so I didn’t lot know at the time of posting that any teens were involved because there was no mention of teens in the series up to the point I had watched.
And regarding your comment about consensual and nonconsensual, it seemed to me, based off what was presented in the documentary and the texts that were shown that it was consensual and some women were active participants fully aware of his marital status and willing participants during their trysts but afterwards, they say otherwise.

Read the entire thread, it’s all explained very clearly.

Last edited:
So I have a question and I am not trying to villainies or shame the victims but I am watching a documentary about a man who was arrested for sexually assaulting students. He had multiple affairs during his marriage and I am not saying that is right or the wife shouldn’t be upset. A significant portion of these relationships began prior to them dating and getting married. Now, I say “students” but they were adult students, not children. After he was arrested, understandably, the wife was hurt, I don’t fault her nor can I imagine but is it fair for him to be painted as the villain in the sense of “sexual assault” when there is clear correspondence of women actively engaging him and pursuing him? I’m not saying that he may not have assaulted any of the women and for that he should absolutely be punished, but how fair is it that the other women whose messages prove that they pursued him and were willing participants now claim “assault”?
Again, I get his wifes anger because he was slanging that dick around everywhere and gave her an STD. I am not saying that I know the entire situation but I am legit confused. I hope that I do not come off as insensitive, I am asking for input and to get different perspectives.
As a teacher it is an abuse of power to have sex with your students, that may fall under the sexual assault laws in some places. Most schools and universities had rule regarding such things.
Basically when there is a power differential, the lesser power can not be considered truly consenting if the other person has the power to flunk, dismiss them, ruin your career, income, whatever etc…
Marital status if any of the parties doesn’t matter.
It is a hard concept to get until you either see it or find yourself part of it.
A close friend of mine lost his career by having an affair with a student and it took him a couple years to understand it. The student wasn’t in his class but she was in his department and he did have control over who went into the field, and that included her.
Whether they pursued him or not, if it can’t be consenting on both parties, it doesn’t matter.
Also if he gave his wife a std, he presumably knowingly gave those students an std, that can be considered sexual assault.
I’m sure someone else can explain it better.
I hope this helps.

If the students were underage, then yes, it's sexual assault. Even if the girl wanted to, it's still considered assault as he had power over them.

Life isn't fair. Look at all the wealthy and political people that break laws and never go to jail.

This reminds of that old news story of that HOT HOT HOT female teacher that had sex with a male student. Illegal sure because he wasn’t an adult. But can you blame the kid?

This reminds of that old news story of that HOT HOT HOT female teacher that had sex with a male student. Illegal sure because he wasn’t an adult. But can you blame the kid?
They're still together and I think they have 3 kids now. Mary Ann Tourneau (sp)

It seems like there is a lot of that going on now. You hear about it weekly. Not male teacher/female student either. It's the other way around - female teacher/male student.

They're still together and I think they have 3 kids now. Mary Ann Tourneau (sp)

It seems like there is a lot of that going on now. You hear about it weekly. Not male teacher/female student either. It's the other way around - female teacher/male student.
The shitty part about that is she probably labeled as a sex offender but even though they are a couple as you say it they can’t get that removed.

The shitty part about that is she probably labeled as a sex offender but even though they are a couple as you say it they can’t get that removed.
Oh, yea, she served jail time and is a registered offender, but after she got out, they actually got married, had at least 1 more chld and are still together today.

There was a newspaper article about them a few months back. (maybe more)

Back