Incest story I am writing/opinion on different POVs?

MayorReynolds

Appropriate Length
So, after many years of being here, I have finally worked up the courage to write a M/F incest story. Unlike other stories I've written in the past, this one is not as focused on plot, no "how did they get here?" It's a family of four (mom, dad, sis, bro) and pretty much wall to wall screwing from beginning to end. Some free use, plenty of bored and ignored, and made all the more nasty just by having them discuss things like the son's job interview or what to do with their tax return, like nothing is out of the ordinary.

Here's the rub, though. The first draft is almost finished, but the entire story has been told from the 3rd person POV of the mom, what she is thinking and feeling, and the physical sensation of her own sexual pleasure alone. So anytime the other family members are fucking in other parts of the house, the 'camera' is focused on her with obvious 'audio,' as it were, while she's casually cooking breakfast. But now I am wondering if I ought to switch POVs to the other family members, too? Maybe I'll start with her, then switch to the daughter, then the son, and then to the dad?

Or, what do you think? How would you do it? Over to you.

I have found to be able to do a POV even in third person, focusing on the experience and feelings of others. Lets people see the story from more angles, experience B-plots as things are different from the other side. DO NOT do so in the same "scene", instead switch it only when switching the scene. You have breakfast downstairs being cooked, focusing on her experiences, end scene, tell it again from the perspective of the daughter upstairs, or the dad...

But it can be done.

Be deliberate in your switches. Signify to your reader, by obvious breaks in your narrative, "we are on to X participant now."

Personally, I find the same sexual scene/act (re)told by every viewer/participant a bit exhausting the longer it goes on. (it would take a deft hand to make it work but it could be done. But I don't press that envelope myself) Most scenarios don't put a hard cap on number of sex acts/ability to have sex later if they aren't concerned with being caught/will they won't they issues.

A sex act narratively could be *only* for the exploration of Mom's feeling on change of events/relationships between family members/everyone's evolving self-identities. I give readers credit that they don't need every sex act described in fully titilating terms just b/c "sex is happening."

Just b/c you have multiple sexual participants doesn't require each of them to have a significant expounding of their feelings so long as you write Mom's thoughts/feelings/experiences deeply and in a manner more interesting than the sex acts not being focused on.

Honestly, I find that a more engaging narrative b/c it's not the usual convention of the category.

SO many authors pile in participants to give them quick access to play in whatever way the author wants at the very moment they want.

Individualism and characterization falls by the wayside and you end up w/a bunch of fuck dolls.

Back