I'm a newbie.

It's going to be at least a couple of days. That's about the average for veterans.

Audio and Illustrated stories are all processed together on certain days, so they typically take much longer unless you're lucky.

Laurel seems to try to balance the categories somewhat each day, so that can bump you by a day.

The common wisdom says that newbies might get a little more scrutiny, and it makes sense. In that case, the length of your submission might be a factor.

Expect a week, at least.

Once you get a good track record (ie: your content doesn't contravene site policy rules and your technical stuff (grammar, punctuation) is competent, expect that to drop to 2 - 3 days.

Things slow down during Contests, unless your story is a contest entry, in which case it'll get priority.

Welcome, enjoy :).

I'm new, "a virgin", and need a little info. I recently posted a story. How long does it take for a moderator to review a newbies story and approve it?
Welcome 👋,

It can take a while. Also depends on the content. Might be a week, especially if Laurel (the co-site owner, who reviews all stories herself) is busy,

Em

I'm new, "a virgin", and need a little info. I recently posted a story. How long does it take for a moderator to review a newbies story and approve it?
Welcome! 🙋‍♂️Careful though... writing and posting here can become enjoyably addictive! Have fun!

Welcome, I'm relatively new too. What I've learnt so far is no one can actually answer your question. My first story went live within 48 hours and all the rest have too.

From what I understand, people's experience here differs. However the stories are approved, it's not a "first in first out" model. I've had a story approved in 10 hours (and gone live 36 hours later) while others who posted their story before me, sometimes days before me, are still waiting.

I don't think anyone KNOWS how the order for looking at stories is arranged (outside the site owners), except that new stories are prioritised over edits. There's theories, eg some categories take extra scrutiny (I'm writing in non-con, so you'd think stories in that category would fall under that, but mine have always posted fast), some categories are looked at more regularly, people get on "good" or "naughty" lists, new people take longer (again, not my experience). I have heard of it taking a week or two for some people.

One thing I have learnt is that once the story is approved it sits in your pending section with a "live" stamp next to it. My stories sit there for about 24 hours and they go live at around the same time each day.

Back