If I visited where you live...

Although I live in England now Scotland will always be my home so as I never lived in a village never mind a town I've shown you the nearest towns to where I lived out in the country :)

1666880.jpg

I think this has to be one of the most beautiful castles I've seen and I was lucky to live near it

_41344720_dunottar416.jpg

the road that connects us with the Highlands

clachben.jpg

Although I live in England now Scotland will always be my home so as I never lived in a village never mind a town I've shown you the nearest towns to where I lived out in the country :)

1666880.jpg

I think this has to be one of the most beautiful castles I've seen and I was lucky to live near it

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41344000/jpg/_41344720_dunottar416.jpg

clachben.jpg

England :heart: and Scotland :heart: two beautiful places to visit, that is for sure.

Clowns. I'd make you build igloos and eat beaver tails. :)
I'd take you to Montreal in the summer, the city of festivals!!!

1666880.jpg

clachben.jpg

Gorgeous. It is not on my bucket list. I will make it a point to see that castle in person. Honestly

If you visit my hometown, go during the county fair so you have the best chance of seeing pregnant women smoke unashamedly.

If you visit my current city, they have pretty much everything here. Music, sports, museums, shopping, nightlife. If you want it they got it.

Let's see, there's the Golden Rondell on the Johnson Wax grounds, Windpoint Lighthouse, North Beach, and finally, O&H Bakery, home of the best kringle in the country :)

Grab a beer and shoot the shit. That's about all there is to do around here, so have fun!

You could visit one of about a million temples??

Oh! Alpine slides down the ski slopes??

See one of the great salty wonders in the US??

If you come in the winter it's about the best skiing or snow boarding there is.

If you visited my home country you may well be bitten by something wild.
If you visited the place Where I'm living you'd likely be bitten by the travel bug,

Where would you take me? What sights would I get to see? We have a pretty diverse group of folks here. I love to travel (no worries I am not coming to visit you), but what attractions make-up your surroundings?

Let's see;

SXSW
ACL Music Fest
Pecan Street Fest (twice a year)
O'Henry Pun-offs
State Capital
Broken Spoke
Continental Club
Enchanted Rock
Hamilton's Pool
Bob Bullock Musem
Harry Ransom Center
The Salt Lick
Matt's Famous el Rancho
Mexican Freetail Bat Colony summer nest
Bat Fest

Oh, and'a traffic light down t'da Dairy Queen. We's a big town now!

1666880.jpg

clachben.jpg

I've only been to scotland 2/3 times but without doubt it's (I say that like Scotland's just a small county haha) one of the most beautiful parts of the UK. Nice pics.

Round my way (Bath/Bristol) I'd take people to see the Roman Baths, then take a walk around town (shops suck but it's a lovely city). Then move on south towards Devon (or Dorset), maybe taking a detour to Avebury and Stonehenge first. From there, well it's the old A303 challenge (the A303 is a road in the south which is not special in itself but does seem to link a range of historic sites). Finishing up on the beach in the south, probably in the rain (it's the UK!) and only just in time for a quick beer/smoke and the drive back.

Actually, I'm on leave today, why I didn't just do all that?! :rolleyes:

we could go on a tour of historical planation...we could even see where William McKinley planned out his strategy for victory...:cool:

Pick you up. Show you the sites along the highway. Oh look there is Canada! Then the hotel room. If after 2 days you want to see more I can take you around.

If you can make it this weekend, we could possibly go to a Hurricane Party. I should at least be able to show you some damn good squall lines.

If you prefer, we could go wave at Romney and Ryan, unless they are at a Hurricane Party themselves.

If you are up for something naughty, I can take you to an all nude strip club or a nudist resort.

On any other weekend, I would take you boating in the Gulf. We could explore some of the little islands and the absolute breathtaking beauty nature has to offer. My favorite is to sit in about 4 inches of water with a cold beer and dig for sand dollars.

As for my immediate town, there's nothing to see here unless you want to go crabbing off the public dock and stare out at the bay.

As for the immediate area, there's the ocean, the beach, the Jersey coast.

And if you're up for a little bit of driving, Atlantic City.

If you enjoyed sport - the MCG
Shopping - too many places and centres but the City would be a great place to start
Eating - Lygon Street Carlton
Sightseeing - take the City Circle tram and op on and off

I would take you to where they make the World's greatest chilli dogs...:cool:

I want to be in Heaven....I love wine.

lol...then you need to visit California....I am located between LA and SF.... the wines here are different than Napa Valley wines - more flavorful...due to the very rich soil....volcanic area in the past....so there are three wine regions in my county...each having different specialties due to the soil.....

Come on out!

Back