If I visited where you live...

As if by magic

Just when you thought it was safe to look out of the window

Last edited:
Awesome idea IHC - I love traveling also & love road tripping through FL :)
Sure Florida has the beaches, we've got Disney, Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc., but I always go w/ the idea "be different, make it memorable" SO...having said that

I would say the following (some are seasonal)...

St Pete/Tampa Ghost Tours
spheader23.jpg

A ride on the Sea Screamer (worlds largest speedboat)
seascreamer.jpg

A game at either Buccaneer Stadium
raymond-james-stadium.jpg

OR

The St Pete Times forum (if you like hockey)
forum_20ext_203_20lo.jpg

Depending on the time of year there is Gasparilla (Tampa's version of Mardi Gras) only WAY cooler b/c the Jose Gasparilla pirate ship sails into Tampa Bay and then the mayor hands over the key of the city to the pirates :D
gasparilla-pirateship.jpg

Then there is Guavaween in Ybor City (adult Halloween party w/ Mama Guava)
tb_guavaween_450story.jpg

Then I think the Star ship dining yacht is way cool also
yatch%20starship.jpg

...I've worked in the travel industry, so I'm pretty good about finding things to do -like the Big Cat Rescue, then the Weekie Wachee Mermaid Show, then the sponge docks at Tarpon Springs... :)

Well this is LA, drive 30 miles in either direction you are at the beach or in the mountains. Amusement parks, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain... sheesh, at either end. 2 baseballs teams, 2 hockey teams, 2 basketball teams... NO football team... yea that's right.

Awesome idea IHC - I love traveling also & love road tripping through FL :)
Sure Florida has the beaches, we've got Disney, Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc., but I always go w/ the idea "be different, make it memorable" SO...having said that

I would say the following (some are seasonal)...

St Pete/Tampa Ghost Tours
spheader23.jpg

A ride on the Sea Screamer (worlds largest speedboat)
seascreamer.jpg

A game at either Buccaneer Stadium
raymond-james-stadium.jpg

OR

The St Pete Times forum (if you like hockey)
forum_20ext_203_20lo.jpg

Depending on the time of year there is Gasparilla (Tampa's version of Mardi Gras) only WAY cooler b/c the Jose Gasparilla pirate ship sails into Tampa Bay and then the mayor hands over the key of the city to the pirates :D
gasparilla-pirateship.jpg

Then there is Guavaween in Ybor City (adult Halloween party w/ Mama Guava)
tb_guavaween_450story.jpg

Then I think the Star ship dining yacht is way cool also
yatch%20starship.jpg

...I've worked in the travel industry, so I'm pretty good about finding things to do -like the Big Cat Rescue, then the Weekie Wachee Mermaid Show, then the sponge docks at Tarpon Springs... :)

Haven't been to Florida in a long time. Did spend a Thanksgiving in St. Pete one year. Loved it...Saw Hi Alai (sp?) That is a crazy sport

If it was winter we'd head downtown and go ice skating. Then we'd head to the slopes and go downhill skiing. I suck at it but we'd laugh our heads off and have fun. :D

If it was summer we'd go to Lake Michigan and you could see where I spent my summers a kid (and still do). The lake is beautiful and you'd never forget the sunset. We could also head north a bit to Silver Lake and get some dune buggies and go up into the dunes.

I would take you out onto my lake and maybe make the run up to Laughlin NV in the boat.. pretty ride up through the Gorge!

Question for Clowns:

If I visited where you live, where would you take me, what would we do and why? :D

Where would you take me? What sights would I get to see? We have a pretty diverse group of folks here. I love to travel (no worries I am not coming to visit you), but what attractions make-up your surroundings?[/QUOTE]

Well definitely the east coast of Florida, we would just have to go to the Space Center and see the Astronaut's Memorials and the Visitor's Complex. And then on to the see the Cruise ships - The Disney Ship is in port this weekend and it is awesome - all lit up at night. And of course - you gotta go to Ron Jon's - lol...

after that - I'm not much for nightlife - but the sunsets are beautiful at the Pier Restaurant on the beach. I am sure there are plenty of party spots on the beach but I would leave that to the younger set. Now the next day - brunch and shopping in the Village - an all day affair... whewwwww - I need a nap....:)

Let's see, I live on a lake in the country, so there would be a trip around it. I'm fairly close to Lake Michigan which has an awesome scenic drive with quaint towns along the way. Not far from Grand Rapids if you like city sites.

Oh, and I'd take you to a great drag strip that's not far either, because muscle cars turn me on, so that would be a selfish trip for me.

Of course you'd be the guest so the choices are always yours.....

We have this great restaurant called McDonald's, it's a one of a kind place. I would take you there so you could try this sandwich they have that they call a "Big Mac". Trust me you will love it!

A few weeks ago I would've said South Beach for sure. Beach, maybe even a Duck Tour (one of those amphibious vehicles that go from road to water) and then dinner at the one of the restaurants/clubs by the beach. An airboat ride in the Everglades would be fun as well.

Since I'm pretty close to Nashville, I'd have to say, I hope you like country music! Grand Old Opry, Opryland Resort and then Downtown Nashville - Coyote Ugly, another bar that's right across the road from it (can't remember the name) where they have excellent karaoke and girls dancing on poles/on the bar, and then Tootsies, which is this country music bar that's supposed to be pretty famous. Then in the neighborhood I live we have this Main Street that's like a throwback to the past and there's a couple of restaurants that we could choose from to enjoy a meal. It's really pretty cool.

We have this great restaurant called McDonald's, it's a one of a kind place. I would take you there so you could try this sandwich they have that they call a "Big Mac". Trust me you will love it!

KFC! Anyone likes chicken?? Who doesnt like chicken? Would you like more chicken with your chicken?? :rolleyes:

Right now, if you were visiting, I would take you out on the mountian. You do know how to ski or snowboard, right? Reguardless, I'll show you. The view is fantastic, and a few drinks helps keep ya warm.

3043665387_8af7fbe365.jpg

Just remember, when choosing your route down the black diamonds show the easiest route. ;)

I'd take you "upta camp" for some fishin' and beers in the dooryahd, then maybe down to the coast to get some lobstah. :rolleyes:

Back