If Earth Should Die Before I Wake

After Mary declined a glass, Ulrich put the bottle back in the ice bucket, picked up the glass of ionized water, and held it towards Mary. "To new friends!"

Ulrich listened to Mary's story intently. He was enjoying having a conversation and not hearing what people were really thinking or seeing their memories. He had so many questions to ask Mary because he enjoyed feeling normal again.

As the sun began to set, Mary's skin glowed in the changing light; she was stunning. Her confession about not being ready for her final vows caught him off guard. Ulrich smiled and reached over to touch Mary's hand, "So there is still hope for us?!?"

He was suddenly embarrassed by his forward remark and actions, "I'm sorry Sister Mary, I shouldn't make jokes about such a serious commitment. It's just hard for me to envision such a beautiful woman as a nun. Pleased forgive me." Ulrich looked down at his plate again.

He looked back up at Mary and smilted "I was born here and never really fit in with my family or anyone on the colony. My father was a very popular spiritual leader and I was the typical preacher's kid. I hated everyone's eyes on me constantly!"

Ulrich finished the glass and continued, "So I spent lots of time exploring on my own. I loved playing at the old crash site and pretended that I was escaping back to Earth, anywhere but here." He pointed up to the now twinkling stars and sighed.

He excused himself to clear their plates and put the wine away. Ulrich returned with fresh berries and whipped cream. He continued, "As I got older I played around with the computer systems onboard the old wrecked ship by packing batteries out there. I eventually hacked my way into the system and learned that a similar meteor shower was responsible for their crash landing too."

"After hacking my way around all the firewalls, I was able to download all the memory chips off the main memory bank and brought it back here to study." He looked at her and blushed just a bit, "That's when I saw a picture of a redhead."

Ulrich sighed, "The next time I went out to the ship, the aliens revealed themselves to me and I was enhanced. My life was never the same after that." He smiled at her.

Ray had begun thinking. Even if this other vessel proved viable as a donor vehicle for parts, it was still going to take months if not at least a year for himself the robots and Sanne and whatever engineers they had on this planet to fix up the ship, if it could be done. He also had his suspicions about that as well but for now he would keep them to himself.So with the repairs going to take that amount of time at a minimum, he was thinking it would be a good idea to still build those houses for the crew. It would not be viable for everyone to live in this tent for over a year and it would actually clear working space for them as well and help him train the Crixus units in construction work.

He would approach the Captain tomorrow and ask her to find out about gaining some land for them to set up there houses on. He would know more after he saw this other ship and maybe his fears might be put to rest as well.

She had been stunned by Ulrich comment. Her eyes widened and Mary moved her hand out of his grasp, down to her lap where her gaze remained for a long time, trying not to think about her school friend, Linda, and Linda's brother, Kyle... Kyle and his friends had been charming and yet forward...flirtatious but too aggressive, and terrifyingly prejudiced to the point of causing irrevocable harm without ever having all the information about his sister's situation...Mary shuddered and tried hard to focus and return from an awful memory.

Incredibly uncomfortable, she barely heard the rest of what had been said until he began about the aliens.

"...did they...do you feel as if they are...still in your mind?" She asked.

[NPC Sanne busied herself in the background working on the fuel rods and glad there had been no leak of anti-matter. Those designers really knew what they were doing. It was getting hot so she stripped down to just a T Shirt and shorts before venturing outside]

Rivers couldn’t sleep, so much was whizzing round in her head. Worries about her crew, Sister Mary and her unexpected urge to maybe be more than just friends and colleagues.

Then her mind was sent crashing back to Ray and what they had done. She knew that maybe one day she would do “IT” and she was grateful it was with a man who was not afraid of a woman’s body. After struggling to get back to sleep she finally gave up. She didn’t want to waste resources cleaning her clothes so she had no choice but to put on her battle fatigues. She recalled how at the academy more than one trainee and at least one officer had told her how stunning she looked in battle uniform and more than once she had to defend her honour. She wondered how Ray would react?

Leaving the ship she saw Sanne and saluted before saying gently “In this heat we all need to keep call. If anyone asks you tell them I have lifted the restrictions on uniform unless there is a formal occasion.”

Sanne gave the captain a report on the fuel rods and Rivers thanked her. Shortly afterwards she arrived at the camp and saw Ray standing staring up at the sky and she wondered what he was thinking about. Creeping up behind she said softly “Penny for your thoughts Engineer Green!”

Ray turned around ready to talk to Alex but stopped dead when he saw her. She had changed into standard battle fatigues but on her they made her look stunning. He stood there mouth agape for a good ten seconds before he found his voice again.
"Captain, Good evening. I thought you were going to get some sleep. There is no use you exhausting yourself."

That was not what he wanted to say. What he wanted to say was how beautiful she looked in those clothes under the moonlight. He wanted to take her in his arms and kiss her to show her just how much he liked her in them but he knew he couldn't. That sort of thing was off limits. "Just looking at the meteors Captain, and thinking. Some of the locals were telling me the story of that ship you want me to look at. It seems that the night it crashed there was a meteor storm as well. That is too much of a coincidence for me. Also I have been thinking of our decent. There was no reason for our engines to have failed. All of them were working perfectly until we hit the atmosphere then suddenly half of them failed. Just enough to cripple our vessel but not enough to kill us. I'm not so sure that these aliens are all that beneficial and benevolent as they seem. I'm not even sure if we repaired the ship that we could actually get off this planet."

He saw that he had troubled her and he smiled. "Of course I could be totally wrong and over thinking this. Maybe it is a coincidence and the reason we are here is because of the meteors mucking up the wormhole, and that's why the other ship came here as well."

Ray decided to take a chance. "You look stunning in that uniform Alex and under other circumstances I believe I would be trying certain things with you. However you do need to get some rest Captain or I would be acting on the thoughts I am having, in fact maybe after your rest if you are willing I will, but for now you best be getting back to bed," he smiled.

Rivers saw the look in Ray’s eyes and felt her nipples harden a little. She’s seen that look at the academy but had dismissed it as being totally un professional. But that was when her number one priority was being in command of a ship in her own right and maybe even leading an expedition. Ray’s words regarding the possibility of staying here, being almost exhibits in a zoo struck a chord of truth and she knew if this was so she would have to build a life here. But she was a fighter and would not surrender without putting up one hell of a fight.

Suddenly Ray cut to the chase “You look stunning in that uniform Alex and under other circumstances I believe I would be trying certain things with you. However you do need to get some rest Captain or I would be acting on the thoughts I am having, in fact maybe after your rest if you are willing I will, but for now you best be getting back to bed

She reached out and grabbed his hand and smiled. “I’m telling the crew now that in this heat there is no need for formal uniform except for ceremonial occasions. That will give me time to get that stain off my skirt” both smiled and looked at each other teasingly. “I will go back to my bed but I don’t think I’ll get much sleep. For one thing I’ll need help getting out of this battle uniform!”

Ray sighed. He knew when he was defeated and really he didn't want to put up a fight anyway. He squeezed her hand and began to lead her back toward the ship. "I do believe I will be able to help you with that Captain and it will be my pleasure."

They walked hand in hand all the way back to her room just enjoying each others company. As they entered her room, he pulled her into an embrace and kissed her tenderly. "So Captain is this just another 'benefits' call or are we actually going to become an item. I am fine either way but if you are not perhaps you should think about it while I do this.," he murmured to her.

Ray began kissing her sweetly while unbuttoning her top, kissing her softly on the lips then planting delicate kisses along her jawline and neck. He helped her shrug out of her top and soon had her bra off as well and proceeded to massage her perfect breasts paying attention to her nipples which were standing up firm and strong. He moved back to her mouth and began to kiss her more insistently, his tongue now penetrating her mouth to wrestle with her own as he unbuckled her belt and unbuttoned her trousers letting them fall to her ankles. She stepped out of her shoes then her pants all the while not breaking their kiss. Finally he eased her panties down her legs and she stepped out of them.

She was naked in front of him as he continued to kiss her heavily, one hand on her breast as the other started to play with her already wet pussy. Breaking off his kiss he looked into her eyes and breathing heavily whispered, "Well looks like I have helped you out of that battle dress uniform Captain. Now I just need to put you to bed."

So Captain is this just another 'benefits' call or are we actually going to become an item. I am fine either way but if you are not perhaps you should think about it while I do this

Rivers was breathing heavy taking it all in as Ray began to undress her “You know … “ she whispered “for some reason … whenever I wore this men wanted to bed me. If you knew how many times I had to fight … but now …” She surrendered and embraced in the kiss.

Ray responded “Well looks like I have helped you out of that battle dress uniform Captain. Now I just need to put you to bed

Rivers stopped him “Not yet Engineer Green” she pulled his shirt off then his trousers and felt his manhood struggle against his pants. “I hate seeing wild animals in captivity” she said as she released it and felt its leaking snout spring against her body. “Wait” she said as she knelt and opened her mouth to kiss the tip before granting it admittance. She heard him groan as she said slowly “Relax and enjoy”. She began bobbing her head in and out and felt his urgency explode into her mouth as he grunted. She swallowed as much as she could but still wave after wave continued to cascade down from her mouth to her cleavage. Looking up she said “Now … rub that into my nipples!” She was going to add “That’s an order!” but she found herself picked up and placed on the bed where Ray did as he was told.

Lost in orgasmic stupor Captain Rivers eventually said “Now … RAVISH ME!” The love making was beyond anything she had ever experienced and she knew the whole crew could hear her as she came time after time enjoying the eruption of seed deep inside her.”

Eventually she woke in his arms and kissed him deeply again “I’ve thought of your question” she said “and yes … I think the whole crew knows what happened last night. Sister Mary probably heard us!” she joked “So … so let’s make it official. I’ll be your Captain because that’s how it turns out. But I’ll also be your woman … if you want me!” Then they proceeded to make love again.

Afterwards in the shower Rivers said slowly “If we are trapped down here and never leave this planet then …” she hesitated “then at some time … at some time you’ll have to take those drugs that switch on your sperm. We’ll have to repopulate this place.”

Ulrich was trying to recover from his major mistake. When Mary shuddered, he caught a glimpse of a struggle and she was crying. It wasn't a complete picture, just a flash, and then it was gone.

Ulrich smile changed to a very serious forlorn look as Mary asked her questions, "There's always been someone in my head since my last visit to the ship... until tonight. Your second skin protects your thoughts from my 'gift'." Ulrich took a sip of water before continuing.

"Yes, I feel like they're there inside my head all the time. They told me to prepare for someone, long before your ship entered our communication range." Ulrich looked at Mary. "They've been telling me about my destiny since I was a teenage boy, so to have that person sitting across from me..." He looked back down at his dessert.

Mary sighed and shook her head, "I'm sure I'm no more your destiny than anyone you meet in life. Everyone comes into our lives for a reason. One of my colleagues even believes that our souls plan life like planning a journey, including good and bad events and good and bad encounters with people along the way...all according to the lessons we hope to learn in that life...Fascinating concept, really."

She ate the rest of her meal in quiet contemplation, letting Ulrich do most of the talking, trying not to see the situation as some sort of date but as a political meeting...His charm, lovely blue eyes, and infectious smile made that quite difficult.

Feeling self consciousness as the evening wore on. Finally, just after helping wash dishes,Mary shrugged and said, "It's been a few hours. I don't think those ladies will be back with anything for me to wear tonight. Maybe they forgot. I think I may indeed have to borrow a big shirt from you or something to wear to sleep...Is there an extra bedroom I could use?"

And Hewitt was easily succeeding with that talk. Shades breathing grew heavy and she bit her lip before Hewitt pressed her lips to them again. She felt the knee and opened her legs more than willingly. The sponge felt nice. Better than normal. It was amazing how nice a normal thing felt when someone wise was doing it for you. Shade was getting squirly now. She was torn between continuing the teasing and just fuckin.

Ray smiled at Alex and at times like these he would think of her as Alex now not as his Captain. "I would be honored to do that with you Alex and if it comes to that I would even like to Marry you. However I know you really desire to leave this place so I will try to fulfill that wish because it is what you want. Just let me see what I can do with the two ships. Perhaps I won't be able to use one to fix the other, but maybe I will be able to use pieces from both to make an entirely new one. Who knows, Perhaps you will be the Captain of your very own ship after all."

He pulled her in tight and hugged her then kissed her deeply. That she was willing to start a family with him filled him with so much joy he could express it no other way, but he would still strive to make her wish come true even if it meant giving all that up because it would make her happy.

I would be honoured to do that with you Alex and if it comes to that I would even like to Marry you. …”

Rivers hugged her lover and claimed his mouth before breaking the kiss. “Nothing would give me more pleasure than becoming Mrs Green. But it’s not about us is it?” She sighed and held his gaze “But if that is a proposal of marriage I accept. But I don’t know where or when. Ideally it should be on Terra Beta but we may not make it there. So … it might have to be here. As Sister Mary Grace would say ‘it’s in God’s hands’”

After showering and getting dressed they prepared for their day’s work. Rivers thought deeply and said “If we do marry and have children … I know we can now use scientific methods which means the child is constructed in the incubation chamber.” She had a ‘naughty schoolgirl look’ “But I’m an old fashioned girl and … well … to put it bluntly if the time comes I want you to get me pregnant Engineer Green!” She blushed before saying “Now, back to work!”

Hewitt helped groom Shade and it was reciprocated but with much effort to maintain self control on Shade's part. They got through the bathing necessities, but just barely. The water was cooling and Hewitt and Shade we're fully making out and beginning some heavy petting but the tub was getting uncomfortable for their sort of hot and heavy. So, Hewitt stood, and climbed out of the tub, taking Shade by the hand, she kissed her passionately again then asked, "Where's the bed? "

Even as Mary denied being his predestined lover, the alien thoughts replayed back in his mind. He saw their bodies entwined and the soft voice said "This is your future." Ulrich pushed these thoughts back and refocused on the present.

He told her the Colony history and how he had gone from being the kid who hated attention to the center of everyone's attention. He told her how his father had continued teach him about religion and how to lead people. He became the youngest person ever elected to Mayor and never even had any opposition after his first election.

As they did the dishes, he told Mary about how when his father died, people turned to him for their spiritual guidance. He couldn't tell them no and started giving sermons based on the thoughts they had had that week.

Ulrich laughed, "Those two have been looking for an excuse to be together and your presence here just gave them an excuse. We probably won't see them til tomorrow." He went to a closet and retrieved a small Ulrich for Mayor cotton T-shirt with his face on it. "Here, this will fit you better than one of mine. Sorry about having to see my face all night." The guest room is right here and there is a private bathroom with a tub, if you would like a nice soak after your long day of putting up with me."

Ulrich opener the neighboring door, Goodnight, Mary. It was a pleasure to get to know you a little better. Sleep well and I'll see you tomorrow morning."

Mary took the offered shirt, keeping her thoughts to herself about how tacky she found it to have a drawer full of t-shirts bearing one's own face... She graciously thanked him and disappeared behind the door to the guest room, and, indeed, luxuriated in a hot bath before preparing for bed. His bath products smelled like real coconut and she pampered herself a little, even lotioning her already soft skin as she realized the shirt only just. came down to mid thigh and her panties rested in a pile of dirty laundry she was loath to put back onto a clean body...

She ended up deciding for tonight to sleep in the shirt alone...under the sheets it would hardly matter that she was bare and in the morning she'd have to go commando wearing the bottom of the spacesuit with no panties. She said a quick prayer then climbed into the very comfortable bed. Sleep came soon...She hoped the nightmares would stay away for once...

Last edited:
OC : Been having Internet problems. Think it's fixed now

IC :

Shade pointed out of the bath.

"Out there. I normally just sleep on the couch but there's a bed in the other room. " She explained and stood, reaching for sine towels. Her legs were shaking a little.

"Let's hurry. " She said eagerly.

Hewitt giggled mischieviously and headed into the bedroom, the other dripping wet wOman giving close chase. The room was a similarly cluttered mess to the rest of the house and quite a few things had to be moved in order to find the bed but once they'd located it they happily jumped up onto it, getting right back to making out and fondling each other hungrily.

Ulrich went into his bedroom and closed the door, hoping he hadn't made too much of an ass of himself. It had been so long since he'd had had to have a real conversation without hearing their thoughts and ideas in his head.

He jumped into his shower and quickly cleaned up for bed. He could hear the bath water splashing in the tub next door and tried not to think about the beautiful naked women so close to him. It had been a long time since he'd enjoyed the company of a young woman.

Ulrich had had a couple failed attempts, but only one had made it as far as a sexual relationship. That relationship had only lasted a week. The ability to hear every thought of a lover was definitely not an advantage.

Before heading to bed, Ulrich put on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt and then knocked on Mary's door. "Is there anything you need before I turn in? I'll call Sky to make sure he gets some fresh clothing here for you in the morning."

Mary was already in her bed and close to sleep when she heard the knock. Assuming she'd dreamt it, she ignored the antiquated sound and fell deeper asleep. Her initial dreams we're funny amalgamations combining post wormhole disaster, ship life with headquarters where her training had been on earth, with the churches and temples of Tibet...This reminded her of her retreat and her reason for being sent away...

...and then came the usual reoccurring nightmares...

Last edited:
Ray decided the other ship could wait for a little while. He needed to fix up a few things on this ship first. The cameras needed fixing and that was his first job. It was a simple matter so he was able to do it without having to call in Sanne but if they were going to stay here he was going to need her expertise to rig up the village to the power generator and do all the wiring in the houses. He only needed her to explain to him how to do it and guide him through it once and then it would be imprinted in his brain but he would still need that initial run through.

It took him several hours but eventually he had all the cameras running and the docking bay doors opening and closing easily via the remotes in the vehicles. His new upgrade helped immensely and he was glad he had taken the time to get it done. Then he made a list of everything they would need to repair the ship. He checked the engines again and he could still find nothing wrong with them. Aside from being a bit dinged up due to the harsh landing they were fine. He would be able to repair them without any problems himself. The main engines were also in good shape but the particle drive system and the anti matter drive could use some spare parts. Also their were two key components missing. If he didn't find those they were stuck. They rest was cosmetic. He could strip the other ship of it's sheeting easily and use it to patch the hull. It was going to take some time though so his first priority would be to search for those engine parts.It would be pointless without them.

He jumped on an Atv and began his journey out towards the crash site.

OOC: We need to end up at similar points in time, those of us still on night need to post any more night scenes before Thursday this week in real time or accept jumping ahead.
Those writing in what is the storyline's following day, give us a bit of leeway to catch up, so slow down in real time this week. Let's all be at morning the following day in the story by real life Thursday.

Last edited:
OOC: Check. Sorry for getting so far ahead. I will leave Ray out at the ship until everyone is at the same time. I would estimate it is about lunch time for him.

Crixus 141 continued to monitor the life readings of the surviving members of the crew. His main concern was Sister Mary Grace. Since her encounter with the aliens he had been unable to monitor her at all. Something would have to be done but it was impossible during the dead of night when everything was quiet. Meanwhile he entered his concerns in the log and decided to bring them to the attention of the Captain in the morning.

Ulrich left the door when there wasn't an answer and went back into his office and called Sky. He told him to head to Shades place first thing in the morning and collect the Sheriff and Hewitt with clothes for Sister Mary. He told Sky that he wasn't to take 'No' for an answer!

As he hung up, he took the old ship's hard drive out of the safe and connected it to his computer. Ulrich looked through the archived photos to look at the redhead he'd seen all his life. The resemblance between the redhead on the screen and Mary was striking and he wondered if there was a connection.

After logging off and resecuring the computer's hard drive in the safe, Ulrich headed to his bedroom. He left the door open and climbed in bed. Falling to sleep with the din of voices ringing in his head.
One familiar voice drowned out the others, "She is your destiny. The redhead is to help guide your people and prepare them."

Sleep finally found Ulrich.

Back