I like Ships too

norfolk-carrier1.jpg

The U.S. Navy plans to deploy a squadron of underwater drones within the next four years, including the Large Displacement Unmanned Underwater Vehicle, or LDUUV, a 10-foot, highly autonomous, and very, very yellow subdrone, Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said today.

lduuv-submarine-navy.jpg

The U.S. Navy plans to deploy a squadron of underwater drones within the next four years, including the Large Displacement Unmanned Underwater Vehicle, or LDUUV, a 10-foot, highly autonomous, and very, very yellow subdrone, Navy Secretary Ray Mabus said today.

lduuv-submarine-navy.jpg
Boeing is taking their design cues from Bikini Bottom?!??

Judging by the absence of rough seas in this photo, I'm guessing there is a captain with a lead foot and an affinity for tight, high speed turns. ;)

You can see the wake a little to the left of the picture. Based on my photographic analysis, I suspect the skipper ordered a hard to starboard.

You can see the wake a little to the left of the picture. Based on my photographic analysis, I suspect the skipper ordered a hard to starboard.

With all due respect, matey, if that white foam behind the helicopter is wake, then my photographic analysis tells me the photographer is facing astern, and that, therefore, the skipper has ordered a hard to PORT!! :D The deck seems tilted the wrong way for a turn to starboard.

Aye, aye, or should I enlist in the Air Force?

With all due respect, matey, if that white foam behind the helicopter is wake, then my photographic analysis tells me the photographer is facing astern, and that, therefore, the skipper has ordered a hard to PORT!! :D The deck seems tilted the wrong way for a turn to starboard.

I think your naval physics may be askew.

The photographer is indeed facing aft. When a ship turns, the hydrolic pressure on the hull causes the top part of the ship to tilt against the turn, not into it. So because the ship is listing to Port, the turn is to Starboard.

Do you know where to find your nearest Air Force recruiting station?

I think your naval physics may be askew.

The photographer is indeed facing aft. When a ship turns, the hydrolic pressure on the hull causes the top part of the ship to tilt against the turn, not into it. So because the ship is listing to Port, the turn is to Starboard.

Okay. I'm a believer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6LE7Ar8CJE

"Tower. Three-seven-four-niner Charlie taxi for take off with information TANGO." :eek::eek:

Back