I am not a writer

for me. It took some courage to write as I'm not very good with English language. Education sucked for me lol.

That being said. one advice I can give to you @ed_53 as a new writer myself is. use google docs, write down how you want the story to go, sort of an outline for the story. who the characters are, their stats like height, weight, etc depending on how detailed you want to get. then write down your idea. do you want Mc to be a romantic guy who gets screwed over, a business man out for revenge. do you want a female MC to get successful etc. when you have the idea written down. take a few days and while you lay in bed, use your imagination to picture how the MC and any others would talk, what they would ask etc and see how it fits together. If you like it, then write it down and soon your imagination and fingers will start flying.

minus the outline, thats basically how i do my stories. I just let my fingers and mind write them for me. seems to work judging by my 2 published works.

Last edited:
@AH_Mod: my polite feedback to you, is this is an example of too itchy of a trigger finger.

No idea was submitted yet. And people almost had the OP convinced to try writing the story themselves.

And congrats. You get feedback because you listened to feedback once. (Which we could argue, is one more time than Laurel). ;-)

My mistaken impression possibly but I seem to notice an uptick in relatively new people asking for stories to be done because e.g. they themselves 'can't write'. Also approaches to writers to run with this idea or that idea.

I wonder what could be driving this. A glance at AH board and the apparent increasing frequency mentioned of 'story theft' gives rise to certain thoughts.

@AH_Mod: my polite feedback to you, is this is an example of too itchy of a trigger finger.

No idea was submitted yet. And people almost had the OP convinced to try writing the story themselves.

And congrats. You get feedback because you listened to feedback once. (Which we could argue, is one more time than Laurel). ;-)
WTF happened?

I think it was moved from the AH, where authors could have encouraged OP to start writing, to Story Ideas, where OP will be encouraged to develop the idea but then let someone else write it. I think.
I guess I could have figured that one out myself 👱‍♀️👱‍♀️👱‍♀️

For the record, I didn't move it. My SOP is not to move a thread that "belongs" elsewhere when it has already borne fruit for the thread starter. I only move things when I believe they'll garner a useful response elsewhere.

For the record, I didn't move it. My SOP is not to move a thread that "belongs" elsewhere when it has already borne fruit for the thread starter. I only move things when I believe they'll garner a useful response elsewhere.
Thanks. (There you go. Responding again…. ;-)

Thank you

Back