Divorce Party

Chernosoth

sothiness
This is an expansion of something I heard decades ago. A couple was staying together but divorcing to improve their situation with taxes, healthcare, etc. I suggested they could have a divorce party, like a wedding but in reverse. Someone else liked that idea, because gifts. That could be a story, with gifts, shagging, hookups at the party, etc.

I once knew a couple that I was quite close with. I worked for them in their ice cream parlor as a teen and my parents lived next to their folks home. He was in his mid forties and his beautiful wife was in her early thirties.

I started community college and got a different job, but stayed in touch. Then I heard they were divorcing quite by accident. I dropped by one afternnon and only the wife was home. She invited me in and I inquired about the divorce because they were my friends.

She told me that the divorce was a safety measure because of a lifestyle change the couple was going through, and that the weren't telling anyone about it, and she told me to not tell a soul.

I asked what sort of lifestyle change that could be, she stepped into my personal space and kissed me. She stepped back and whispered. "Because we want to see and fuck other people."

Apparently they had decided to "open" their marriage but had heard horror stories of couples where it hadn't worked out, and decided to disolve their official union before it started.

They still lived together as man and wife, nothing else changed. I was invited back with some regualrity afterward.

I'm writing a story based on them as we speak.

This is an expansion of something I heard decades ago. A couple was staying together but divorcing to improve their situation with taxes, healthcare, etc. I suggested they could have a divorce party, like a wedding but in reverse. Someone else liked that idea, because gifts. That could be a story, with gifts, shagging, hookups at the party, etc.
Here in the United States it is kind of the other way, people get married because of the health care and the improvement marriage can make on their income taxes. It depends where you live, but some states consider a married couple "one financial entity" which can really change a couples finances for the better.

That being said, here at least, a couple should divorce every 9.9 years even if they get back together afterwards to remarry. Divorce after ten years could mean paying alimony and giving them half of retirement that was earned during the marriage. Interestingly enough, here people can only get married five times.

When me and my first wife separated, she came over to the house as we figured out what was going where. It took about two hours to sort things out, then as it came to an ending I said, "Do you want divorce sex?" She said yes, "but don't tell a soul". We ended up jumping into bed and having the best sex of our marriage.

For afterglow I took her to the courthouse, and we filled out divorce papers.

A few months later in court the Judge asked a few questions about property, but she said she just wanted out of the marriage, so he banged the gavel, it was over, and I got up gave her a kiss on the cheek, she gave me one. The judge watched that and said, "This is the most amicable divorce I have ever seen in this county".

I have not seen her since and still wish her the best.

Back