Oblivious cuckold

Most people who play billiards are aware that people in Europe play weird games on either larger or smaller tables, but don't know much about them. :)
All you need to know about snooker can be learned from the song 'Snooker Loopy' by The Matchroom Mob.

Except maybe this one couple. He something financial - long commute every day to London, she a local primary school teacher. First I heard a rumour , through my wife , that she might be having an affair. A bit shocked as she didn’t seem the type - him yes, but not her I thought. However , gradually this came to be ‘ common knowledge’ among our circle. She didn’t make any great effort to conceal it- her lover was seen regularly leaving her house in good time before husband got home . (One of our friends had made it her business to park nearby and observe!)

And after a while, furthermore among the wives (but not us husbands) she was it seemed quite happy to acknowledge and chat about it! My wife told me she wasn’t in the least awkward or ashamed , had no intention whatsoever of either leaving her husband, or telling him of her little bit of fun as she apparently described it. Naturally we were all agog. We all carried on having our social get togethers, and she would be there, with her husband , the only difference we could see was that she seemed much more confident , outgoing and, it has to be said , happy than we had previously found her. We all speculated whether the husband was one of these ‘ cuckolds’ we had heard of who got off on their wives fucking other men , but he genuinely appeared absolutely oblivious- literally the only person present unaware of his wife’s unfaithfulness.

Intriguing, plenty of possible angles here for a story (as indeed there are for the real world situation you describe).

One that occurred to me: You say you can imagine the guy cheating, but the wife's infidelity was surprising. Maybe the guy sees himself as a potential player; is hoping to cultivate a bit of extra-marital action, conveniently distant from the wife. It isn't happening for him, but he is focused on the idea and has his eyes on one or two of the women in his office.

His wife became aware of this somehow (women's intuition, spots a flirty email, whatever) and guesses the truth. Decides to get her revenge in first, and immediately has success at scoring with an affair where her husband has, so far, failed miserably.

She gets to enjoy her hot affair in the convenience of her home, while keeping an eye on the husband's pathetic attempts during his long office days. He's too tired from the commuting to notice what's going on and his ego keeps him from suspecting his wife - because to him she's the naive one, he's the man about town.

It's all too easy for the wife, and as she is aware of his ongoing attempts to cultivate his own fling she wonders at the state of their marriage, so becomes looser than ever, taking little care to cover her tracks and even telling some of their mutual friends about it. Still he doesn't find out, and the situation becomes normalised for her. Knowing that she is several steps ahead of her husband, she realises that she is enjoying both her affair and his lack of one.

1. The knowing Cuckold story where the husband encourages his wife to sleep with others and whether he gets off on watching or just knowing.
For me, I just can't get into this type of story, it just doesn't seem realistic. I've known a few people who've tried the open relationship type thing, but it has never in the long run worked out.

2. Revenge. The wife acts on husbands infidelity. Possibly encouraged by a friend. An eye for an eye, so to speak.
This scenario is more realistic to me, but generally they don't do it for me for whatever reason.

3. Wife giving in to desires and cheating on her husband. Someone she has got close to somebody, her own sex life is dull (unadventurous/ incompetent/ impotent husband).
4. Curiosity. She finds out he has a big cock. "Can I see it?....Can I touch it?....Can I suck it?....Can I...."
Both these scenarios are what I really like. The marriage is fine and she is content but still at some point sees the grass as greener over the fence. Part of it is the forbidden fruit angle. Another part is the will she give in to her feelings or desires?

I'm currently working on a story with both these themes and I know it will get a lot of negativity, but it is the type of story that I want to read that I don't find enough of. Also, I do get a bit of a kick seeing all the bad comments. Some people just get so angry at my little story that I can't help but laugh. I've read many a story I end up not caring for and never once have pounded out a reply, insulting the author and wishing harm on made up characters.

2. Revenge. The wife acts on husbands infidelity. Possibly encouraged by a friend. An eye for an eye, so to speak.
Another idea I just had for this scenario is that a wife believes her husband is cheating, so she goes out for her revenge. After she learns he wasn't cheating but setting up a surprise or something similar. She is shocked and embarrassed and has to decide what to do from there.

For me, I just can't get into this type of story, it just doesn't seem realistic. I've known a few people who've tried the open relationship type thing, but it has never in the long run worked out.

This scenario is more realistic to me, but generally they don't do it for me for whatever reason.

Both these scenarios are what I really like. The marriage is fine and she is content but still at some point sees the grass as greener over the fence. Part of it is the forbidden fruit angle. Another part is the will she give in to her feelings or desires?

I'm currently working on a story with both these themes and I know it will get a lot of negativity, but it is the type of story that I want to read that I don't find enough of. Also, I do get a bit of a kick seeing all the bad comments. Some people just get so angry at my little story that I can't help but laugh. I've read many a story I end up not caring for and never once have pounded out a reply, insulting the author and wishing harm on made up characters.
Yes, like you, I found a lot of stories on here didn't quite give me what I wanted, so I started writing some myself. I've come to see negative comments as a sign that I'm doing something right. I'm going to stick to my original philosophy on here and just try and just be happy if one person loves it.
Anyone who puts their ideas down here deserves a little respect at least. If I'm not enjoying a story, I stop reading it. I don't give anyone a rating less than three stars, unless it seems a good story but has a terrible ending.
I believe in equality, so there's no reason why the woman can't be a selfish, grabbing cow or simply just weak when faced with temptation.

Back