I am Music

Two days after Charlie Watts' death, 11-year-old drummer Nandi Bushell went onstage with the Foo Fighters to perform their hit "Evermore." Her clearly absolute joy at performing demonstrates why music is so important to our lives.

I also love this short clip, taken by her father, who is simply screaming with joy at watching her on stage.

Yeah. I'm crying, but it's happy crying.

Two days after Charlie Watts' death, 11-year-old drummer Nandi Bushell went onstage with the Foo Fighters to perform their hit "Evermore." Her clearly absolute joy at performing demonstrates why music is so important to our lives.

I also love this short clip, taken by her father, who is simply screaming with joy at watching her on stage.

Wow, what a powerpack energizing the drums and the whole audience. As long as we can spark this passion for any arts in the kids, we're doing something right, aren't we? Now, I need to dry my eyes as well.

P.S. Great taste in music, Tzara :cattail:

It's the circle of life, eh? :rose:

My reference point is a line from A Hard Day's Night . John is playing with a boat in the bath and sinks it, to which George replies "Torpedoed again, eh?" (Unfortunately I couldn't find a clip of it to share here.) My BFF and I quoted that (and many other lines from the movie) to each other all the time.

Y'know. Beatles 4evah. :eek:

My reference point is a line from A Hard Day's Night . John is playing with a boat in the bath and sinks it, to which George replies "Torpedoed again, eh?" (Unfortunately I couldn't find a clip of it to share here.) My BFF and I quoted that (and many other lines from the movie) to each other all the time.

Y'know. Beatles 4evah. :eek:

George Harrison. Life of Brian. Eric Idle sez: "He'd mortgaged his house to put up the money for this movie because he wanted to see it, which is still the most anybody's ever paid for a cinema ticket."

Edit: Plus Tom Hanks. Yes him, in a minor role.

Last edited:
Just finished a cross country drive, Ontario to Vancouver with my son and we played Jan Gabarek's Officium while driving through Rogers Pass. The link is a trailer but catches the mountain theme well.

Get Back Documentary

Have you seen it???

Peter Jackson, the New Zealand filmmaker who produced the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit film trilogies, has directed a documentary series of the making of Let it Be, the Beatles album recorded in January 1969.

Perhaps you saw the original doc, released in 1970. That was directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg and appeared to depict the Fabs exhausted, irritable and ready for a four-way divorce.

Well.

Fifty years later Paul, Ringo, Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison agreed to let Jackson sort through 60+ hours of video and audio tape to produce a more comprehensive perspective of the sessions that resulted in that album, including the famous rooftop concert. So now we have a six-hour series (in three parts) that give a fly on the wall look at what went down.

I'm currently watching it for the second time. For a Beatles fan like me this is such a gift as there's much more scope and nuance, so much to be considered and analyzed!

If you haven't seen it and can access Disney Plus I highly recommend watching it. Seeing Paul strum his guitar and seemingly pull Get Back out of thin air is alone worth the price of admission! And if you have seen it or plan to or just have thoughts about it please share them here. Or poems: pretty sure I have a few poems brewing. :) :heart:

Oh and by the way it's 20 years since the first Lord of Rings movie release. Sorry for 30 y typo on first posting.

Last edited:
I've seen the adverts; looks like fun.

It's a big time investment but if you like the Beatles it's a great experience, really feels like you're in the room with them as they strive and struggle to produce this album in a very short time.

The latest issue of The New Yorker has an interesting article on the flutist (flautist?) Claire Chase. I was particularly intrigued by the illustration accompanying the article, which shows her playing a contrabass flute, which looks something like a tailpipe for a large semi with keys added. So I searched the ever-reliable YouTube for her and found this piece: Claire Chase performing Du Yun's Fast is the Century.

Very cool piece, in my opinion, but even if you don't care for modern classical music, the instrument is kind of fascinating.

The latest issue of The New Yorker has an interesting article on the flutist (flautist?) Claire Chase. I was particularly intrigued by the illustration accompanying the article, which shows her playing a contrabass flute, which looks something like a tailpipe for a large semi with keys added. So I searched the ever-reliable YouTube for her and found this piece: Claire Chase performing Du Yun's Fast is the Century.

Very cool piece, in my opinion, but even if you don't care for modern classical music, the instrument is kind of fascinating.

Whoa. That's some flute. Sounds a bit like a didgeridoo.

It must be the name,
thumbing through dusty tunes
it woke a tear, a smile
and some ear
listening to the past clearly adored
and still hungry for some more
of that voice cutting through your soul
and diamonds alike
wringing the clouds
to make room for the dye of the sky
and whatever you saw before
was not an ornate head.

(find a moment of tranquility before)
Annie Lennox - Mood Indigo

Time to resurrect this poor languishing thread, which is chock full of great music!

If you have access to Disney+ check out "If These Walls Could Sing," a documentary love song to Abbey Road studios. It turns out to be about so much more than the Beatles. The studios date to the early twentieth century and have recorded every genre of music you can imagine. Oh and it's directed by one Mary McCartney, who appears to have learned how to crawl there many years ago. Here's a link to the trailer ~

And now for something completely different...

Yes my tribal brothers and sisters, I know you're out there! A friend sent a big Hanukkah gift basket today and ~urp~ I think I ate too much rugelach and chocolate gelt. But it was tasty! Happy Hanukkah! 🔯

Back