How to be Real on Lit

My experience has been different. Say you're upfront with someone from beginning. The guy seems to be upfront as well. A little later it's 100+ kinks and his thinking he can coerce you into things you don't have an interest in, that you were upfront about. This isnt a one off.
Just remember this isn't Utopia. There are disingenuous assholes and bitches here, just like there are in real life.

My experience has been different. Say you're upfront with someone from beginning. The guy seems to be upfront as well. A little later it's 100+ kinks and his thinking he can coerce you into things you don't have an interest in, that you were upfront about. This isnt a one off.
Perhaps it’s just the wrong connections just like it can be in RL?

Alright, I might as well put in my one cent. In my experience, I think most folks on here are being more "real" in some ways than they are in their real lives. This is where people feel free and safe to talk about their secret memories, kinks, quirks, fetishes, and fantasies.
That was exactly the point of one of my stories. In part 2 of "A Desert Adventure," I wrote myself in as a character, and the other MC was a woman who had taken the time to research everything I'd written here and all the pictures and threads I'd "liked." So she knew every one of my particular kinks before we'd even met.

Males don't generally deal with what women deal with on Lit.
I have zero doubt that is true. In contrast, I have had extended conversations and relationships with some wonderful, honest women on here, and even when those relationships have faded, I count them as blessings in my life. I guess it helps that I'm mature enough to have reasonable expectations and respect for limitations. I think that's the key here. It is sad, but common decency...has become uncommon.

I have zero doubt that is true. In contrast, I have had extended conversations and relationships with some wonderful, honest women on here, and even when those relationships have faded, I count them as blessings in my life. I guess it helps that I'm mature enough to have reasonable expectations and respect for limitations. I think that's the key here. It is sad, but common decency...has become uncommon.
‘Common decency’ was never common. It’s just now women are speaking up about the situation loudly enough that we can no longer be completely ignored. Which isn’t to say we aren’t demeaned, insulted, and belittled when we do speak up.

Not really much point when your first interaction is them telling you you typed too much.

This is kind of a complicated answer.
You have all sorts of folks who have come through here.
Some people are real but if you are jaded enough even then that seems suspect.
You have people who are only here to cause problems. Some pretend to be something they are not. ( men and women).
Very few I've come across are real real.

Back