Selling Books on Amazon

sxPlasticity

Virgin
Since this is a "How To..." Forum...

Anyone self-published in Amazon?
If so, what was your experience? What was your story with it?

I hear it is not necessarily difficult. But is it worth it? Was there any problem regarding content? Did you sell much?

I still sell on amazon, albeit I have written books in the factual/history genre. Kindle Direct Publishing is easy, make sure you get someone to do the file for you.

Even if it costs money to do, it’s always better to get a good quality file for KDP, it makes a better product for the kindle.

Sales are easy, payments from sales can be direct to your bank account if you meet the monthly minimum.

Regarding content - I’ve personally not sold anything in the erotica section (yet!) - however it’s a huge market with many writers and there’s a wide range of content. You’re going into a crowded market. Good luck!

Since this is a "How To..." Forum...

Anyone self-published in Amazon?
If so, what was your experience? What was your story with it?

I hear it is not necessarily difficult. But is it worth it? Was there any problem regarding content? Did you sell much?
I gave it a go several years ago, sold myself some printed copies, sold maybe two dozen e-books. I make more in an hour from my day job than I'd ever make selling erotica.

Unless you churn out content frequently and regularly, and spend all your time marketing yourself, you might earn enough to pay for a pizza, but not the Coke.

I've got some nice book covers though.

Some advice: Do not buy into the kindle unlimited or any of their other programs. You have to be exclusive with them for x-amount of time, they want you to put your book for free and you get pennies for reads.

And don't pay attention to the bitter poster above me. They expected immediate success, and when they didn't get it, quit and now tries to dissuade others from trying.

Making a living publishing is lightning in a bottle. However, for years I've been able to pull in anywhere between $800-$1200 a month, which is a nice source of additional income doing something I enjoy.

The trick in the market is the same as it is here. You need to have a steady flow of new content to keep from being buried in the searches, and each new book gains new eyes and they'll go back to your older books as well.

Some advice: Do not buy into the kindle unlimited or any of their other programs. You have to be exclusive with them for x-amount of time, they want you to put your book for free and you get pennies for reads.

And don't pay attention to the bitter poster above me. They expected immediate success, and when they didn't get it, quit and now tries to dissuade others from trying.

Making a living publishing is lightning in a bottle. However, for years I've been able to pull in anywhere between $800-$1200 a month, which is a nice source of additional income doing something I enjoy.

The trick in the market is the same as it is here. You need to have a steady flow of new content to keep from being buried in the searches, and each new book gains new eyes and they'll go back to your older books as well.

I thought about this a lot, but I have not tried it yet.

I guess what I am wondering is, what types of promotional activities did you use?

Back