How did your garden grow?

SueAnne443

Literotica Guru
I had a terrible summer ...too cool too long....too wet...too many pests...I am afraid I may have to use pesticides next year. Oh crap! The thought of not eating ripe tomato off the vine while standing naked in the garden...the sun hot on my shoulders...

anyway....for the gardeners out there....how did your garden grow?

I had a terrible summer ...too cool too long....too wet...too many pests...I am afraid I may have to use pesticides next year. Oh crap! The thought of not eating ripe tomato off the vine while standing naked in the garden...the sun hot on my shoulders...

I would have to call it an average year. Tomato yield was a bit lower then average. I am still in withdrawal not having a warm ripe tomato to sink my teeth into.

I am proud to have a given a home to so many White Cabbage caterpillars :cool:
I made pickles from my beetroot cos they turned out well... haven't tasted them myself but given jars away ;)

Mine did great. Totally organic and over abundant. Oh, I love the idea of naked in the garden.

A late planting of 2 gifted tomato plants, one a Sweet 100, the other an unknown orange type yielded tons of cherries, and half dozen or so fairly bland orange ones.

Got the winter greens in now with chives and a couple of herbs... Doing well....

North East England here.

Tree fruit was max, following an excellent few weeks during blossom. For me that's plums, apples of various varieties. All in abundance, cookers huge.

Soft fruit was middling to poor. Strawberries a non-event with cool cloudy days through the ripening period. Good raspberries but shorter season than usual.

Cuc and Tomato in the greenhouse did grandly.

Top veg poor.

Root veg good, especially potatoes.

One of my beehives produced 80 pounds of surplus honey, which is a record for me personally. A combination of a magnificent Queen emerged in mid 2016, and good forage through the season especially on trees and rough ground around here. I haven't yet marked this Queen, as I have never seen her, since at each inspection the immense number of her workers, sometimes three deep on the brood combs where she will have been, made it impossible for me to find her. All good.

My edibles were limited to fresh herbs this year. Cilantro is coming on strong, now that it has cooled off a bit. May grow some tomatoes and peppers in a trough next year.

Aphids are pretty little things.

I love them. Really, I do.

Adoring in Anchorage,
Ellie

is that the punch line?

Aphids are pretty little things.

I love them. Really, I do.

Adoring in Anchorage,
Ellie

hmmmm....aphids destroy my roses....I don't seem to dust them enough or at the right time....

the stinkbugs have really been terrible...I forgot the mention them when I was whining about the weather....

I just don't know enough to garden...yeah...i should read more...sighs

i have old windows....i stacked them under my porch.... i intend to make cold frames...maybe that is a project for february so i can start plants in march?

(mid atlantic)

i still have tomatoes.

i've never dusted roses in my life, and they are blooming again right now. pillowy pink blossoms. i hope my red roses come back next year.

Dawn dish detergent (2 tbs diluted in 32oz of water in a spray bottle) is supposed to be a good insect repellent. My neighbor swears by it for everything his garden. Spray liberally on plant leaves as needed, of course this is Florida so the growing season is pretty much year round.

Azadirachtin, pyrethrin and Spinosad alternating has been a favorite weapon out on the west coast for all your favorite fruits and flowers, and you can get all from OMRI certified suppliers.

I like Monterey spinosad and Azera Gardening Azadiractin/pyrethrin combo.

Aphids....mites....scale....mites....mites...aphids and mites all gone.

You have to be religious with your re-application though or you're asking for an infestation to fight.

My zucchinis were exquistite!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
zucchini vs cucumber

My zucchinis were exquistite!

the zucchini have smoother skins and tend to be thicker....

but sometimes I like the texture of a straight eight, some of mine grew to over twelve inches, and the bumps were just pronouned enuf to appreciate

warm from the garden.....run my hands up and down several times to knock the prickles off, them....ummmmmm...so intense...

the zucchini are more challenging...thick...oh so thick...but smmmmmooooooth...
the cukes are supremely seductive....
and of course, enjoying the other veggies in the garden....
feeling the tomatoes hanging at my fingertips...ripe...fulll...
letting them fill my hand...hefting the weight...
then...pulling them...if they are ready...
biting into one...
while pushing ...feeling the cuke...
tomato juice dribbling down my chin...
allowing seed into the cleavage of my breasts held by my forearm...
in the moment... in the garden... sunny summer heat on my shoulders...
sweating....dripping...
so mellow...
oh! fresh veggies.....

can hardly wait to be naked in the garden

Dollie

but sometimes I like the texture of a straight eight, some of mine grew to over twelve inches, and the bumps were just pronouned enuf to appreciate

warm from the garden.....run my hands up and down several times to knock the prickles off, them....ummmmmm...so intense...

biting into one...
sweating....dripping...
so mellow...
oh! fresh veggies.....

In Florida our soil was like beach sand. Only weeds and fire ants grew well. Still I could be naked almost every day. The two old neighbor men write and tell me how much they miss me doing yard work.
Now here in Illinois our front and back yards are way too shaded. Neighbors have young kids so I mostly keep some of my clothes on and we shop at the produce isle and roadside farm stands.
I could sure use one of TnT's cucumbers about now. I'm hungry.
Maybe I can help SueAnne in her garden. I know my hubby would love to warch her and I bent over the veggies.

In Florida our soil was like beach sand. Only weeds and fire ants grew well. Still I could be naked almost every day. The two old neighbor men write and tell me how much they miss me doing yard work.
Now here in Illinois our front and back yards are way too shaded. Neighbors have young kids so I mostly keep some of my clothes on and we shop at the produce isle and roadside farm stands.
I could sure use one of TnT's cucumbers about now. I'm hungry.
Maybe I can help SueAnne in her garden. I know my hubby would love to warch her and I bent over the veggies.

bending over in the garden....lol

that is a visual...and it never crossed my mind...duh

i lack imagination...:cool:

but now, i cannot get the image of me bending over....thinking no one will come into my yard....secluded...fenced...

oh geez...that neighbor kid....he said he would cut grass for me...he needs money for tuition...i said i would give him a shot....oh

what if he is too literaral.....

maybe i should just draft a thousand words and post it...:rolleyes:

sometimes my fantasies get oh so too involved... :devil:

biting into one...
sweating....dripping...
so mellow...
oh! fresh veggies.....

That's it. I'm moving to the east coast.

Back