How did you get started on the board?

ariadel

Experienced
Hi all! I have been on Literotica for a while now and occasionally pop in to read some stories. I want to get active on the forum, but it is quite overwhelming and I'm not entirely sure where to start. So it got me wondering, where did you all start when you first got here? What were your first posts like? I would love to here your stories.

I read Author's Hangout because I was a new author.

Then I just kept reading the various forums in general.

Wasn't long before I found things to respond to.

I'm not a major thread starter, in any forum.

Writing on the board is a public conversation. You can share your opinion, support and disagreement. You can display empathy and offer care. You can seek assistance and emotional support. You can offer guidance or request guidance.

There are heroes and there are jerks. There is community where the bonds of friendships can extend to the world beyond and be lasting for years.

Be respectful and courteous. As you would not barge into a room uninvited don't barrage with PMs. Build connections with those of shared values in the board postings before sending personal messages. Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. Fairly much just the same as your daily world around you.

I read a magazine article about best erotic story websites in around 2000, then discovered the Boards in 2007

Back in the day... I found Lit on a "free erotic stories" Google search.
I used to lurk on this board because I might learn something, and the general board because it was the most active the hours I frequented the forums. Actually, there weren't that many of them besides the author's forum, role playing, and Am pics. I joined because the people on the GB were inviting the lurkers to come out, and they were sincere about it.

My early posts were mostly things like "Agreed", "What ____ said" , "That's hot!" "Laughing Out Loud" ";-)" Well, there weren't smileys in the original software, and when you quoted somebody you quoted a whole chain of quotes, and there was a minimum number of characters in a post, so you couldn't just type low numbers to qualify as a post. Then there was usually a "What are you listening to?" thread, which helped the Led Zeppelin fans to bond, among others. So I made friends, much the same as in real life, only I was reading and giving positive re-enforcement rather than listening and doing the same.

Hi all! I have been on Literotica for a while now and occasionally pop in to read some stories. I want to get active on the forum, but it is quite overwhelming and I'm not entirely sure where to start. So it got me wondering, where did you all start when you first got here? What were your first posts like? I would love to here your stories.
I had been reading the stories for a couple years, then discovered the audio section. I was listening to a noncon audio and in the background, you could hear his "victim" having phone sex with him. I thought, "that's what I want." I wanted to be able to outwardly share my kinks with someone who understood.
My first post was what Lit refers to as an "ad." This was all under my first account (this is my 2nd). My post asked for guys who shared my kink to please contact me. I felt so nervous and out of my depth, so I wrote that too: that I was nervous. I'm an open book, though & don't mind sharing those types of feelings.
As I awaited responses, I began replying to other open threads. And all that just occurred in May 2022.
Now I feel much more comfortable. And when I created an ad with this 2nd account, I felt like I knew what I was doing. I knew the control I actually had.

I hope you have the bestest time on here! You're already doing great just by asking questions. Yay for you 😊!

I really enjoyed Selena kitts series about the baughmeters family, my first read on erotic novels. I enjoyed talking to women about or hearing women discuss these stories , such a turn on to me to see this side of a woman. I wanted more so combined the words literature and erotica and the have been hooked ever since.

Found Lit while searching online for erotic stories. Found the forum in 2001 and spent all of my forum time in the How To. I think I ventured out to BDSM forums in 2008 and the GB and PG in 2014.

Like most people here, I came to Lit for the stories. It took me years to discover the forums. I started out with innocuously threads like Battle of the Sexes and post baseless lies. I started making friends, and my confidence grew from there. The overwhelming majority of people here are kind and welcoming. Find what interests you. Don’t let a few bad apples spoil the bunch, and above all, be yourself. Your people will find you. Enjoy your journey.

I’ve lurked for many years and have had accounts before, but always forget my login details. Whoops. Originally came here to read the stories.

I just click through the different genres and threads and see what piques my interest. What I like today isn’t necessarily what I like tomorrow

I came for the stories first when someone told me about Lit, then I hit the chat rooms and finally hit the boards here. Start slow and read the threads before commenting, you'll get a handle on how they work and add things slowly as you get comfy.

Thank you all for the replies! I have been doing what you are suggesting, reading and commenting here and there. Now I just need to start messaging people more so that I can make some friends here too. 😄

I had been reading the stories for a couple years, then discovered the audio section. I was listening to a noncon audio and in the background, you could hear his "victim" having phone sex with him. I thought, "that's what I want." I wanted to be able to outwardly share my kinks with someone who understood.
My first post was what Lit refers to as an "ad." This was all under my first account (this is my 2nd). My post asked for guys who shared my kink to please contact me. I felt so nervous and out of my depth, so I wrote that too: that I was nervous. I'm an open book, though & don't mind sharing those types of feelings.
As I awaited responses, I began replying to other open threads. And all that just occurred in May 2022.
Now I feel much more comfortable. And when I created an ad with this 2nd account, I felt like I knew what I was doing. I knew the control I actually had.

I hope you have the bestest time on here! You're already doing great just by asking questions. Yay for you 😊!
I definitely have that feeling of being out of depth too, but I'm sure it will go away when I feel more comfortable here.

Found Lit looking for stories. First finding was in the late 1990s. In 2006 I started writing my own stories. I published on a now defunct website that supported erotic celebrity fanfics and Lit was an alternate subscriber for a few writers there. It became the same for me. When I got alienated on my primary publisher’s social media due to personal choice of subjects for my fanfic (long story, let’s just say I’m a shock writer), I needed more comfortable social media. Lit has been such for me thus far.

Started looking for stories then discovered the forum. I started many many years ago and long term hiatuses throughout my time. Been here pretty consistently the last couple of years

I came to learn how to do cyber sex, that’s the short story. Once I was here I did learn but the three cyber guys I had here were more interesting that the one I came for.

I came her looking for erotic stories at the insistence of my wife (who didn’t do computers) back in 2004. And we found chat. Again at her insistence started to cyber. Wife loved being a silent partner and would direct some and mostly loved to watch. Then in 08 we started the path that ultimately ended with her loss. So recently I remembered lit and here I am.
The path, was she murdered?

Years ago my wife and I found a very sexy story that she and I both enjoyed immensely. She's aware of LIT but only from the author's side and not the forum side with hundreds and hundreds of like minded perverts like her husband 🤣

Last edited:
Like most of you, I came here looking for stories. I was trapped in a sexless and bad marriage that was failing. That was maybe 2009-10. I lurked the boards but didn’t have a sign in till 2019.

Then my ex wife and I divorced in 2012 and shortly thereafter met my current wife who has a very strong sex drive. I introduced her to lit pretty early on in our relationship. Sometimes we look at these forums together, I will share very sexy posts with her, and other times we will look at sexy pic threads together.

I do think lit helped me get into bdsm in a much bigger way and explore my kinks like chastity, female led relationships, orgasm control, etc.

I also enjoy interacting w people via pm. It’s like a sexual social media site.

I found it on a Google search on "Erotic Stories". There were two that caught my attention: The Kristen Archives and Literotica.

I quickly ditched the Kristen Archives. They had some really disturbing and disgusting stories that I won't go in to.

Literotica seemed to be well-managed and had a touch of 'Class'. I think the fact that all of the stories are reviewed for content by the Moderators before they are published, keeps the stories enjoyable.

I enjoy the stories, the Bulletin Board: Authors Hangout, General Board, and others, and have found some really great and talented authors who really write so well. My first story was published in 2012 and have posted a number since then. It's fun to read and write erotica. As a semi-retired engineer, writing erotica was a new and rewarding experience.

Barely have any sex life at home, found site by googling for sex stories. By reading posts and stories , helps me get by with everything I'm missing out on.

Like many have said before me; I first found the stories and then figured I should try my hand at writing erotica. As my user name box shows, that was in 2007. A cold Alaska winter and what now would be considered an antique computer. But, I'm a sporadic author and as the years advance I've become less interested. Mostly, my story craft is done in the winter months.

But, as many have implied, LitE is a comfortable place to explore topics that are "out-of-bounds" for "polite company".

Back