Hilarious negative comments on BDSM stories

TheHurtLiker

BDSM Enthusiast
Been finding a lot of great stories related to my kinks on this site for years. What I don't understand is when I get to the comments section and there's always some anonymous goon moralizing about how the story "went too far" or they don't like that someone is being dominated or treated badly because they themselves wouldn't enjoy said treatment. I've been in d/S relationships before, experienced and seen some crazy shit. I've never read anything on this site that I felt went too far. It's very funny to me that someone would spend time on a site like Literotica when they have such delicate sensibilities. Quite embarrassing and obviously coming from a place of ignorance. Also, these comments are always anonymous. These are the type of people who need to stick to reading whatever's for sale at the grocery story, if you ask me. But I'm just venting here! Everyone's entitled to their opinion...but that doesn't mean their opinions are worth anything.

I know from experience that a lot of it is personal preference.

Writing Femdom stories, you tend to get a lot of comments like "That Psycho Bitch," "Fag Cuck Shit," and so on. I suspect that with male dom stories there are a fair share of "That asshole creep" or "What a psycho jerk!" (Though I wouldn't know; I've never written any male-dom stories.)

Certain kinks, particularly any forced-bi scenarios and any kind of toilet/Golden Shower (or more extreme than that but you get the idea) play, are going to be a big turn-off for some people- and they will let you know that. I have generally put disclaimers in my stories if these type of scenes are included.

But with that said, I have seen some BDSM stories that do go too far for my own taste, to the point where it is no longer erotic: Scenes where the submissive is just locked into perpetual isolation, pain and torture and there is no longer any erotic pleasure. Or forced-bi scenarios where the sub is just consigned to permanantly work at a glory hole and loses everything in the process. Obviously, any kind of "snuff" falls into this category. Basically, where it crosses the line where you no longer see yourself in the sub's place and instead find yourself rooting for them to escape.

I know from experience that a lot of it is personal preference.

Writing Femdom stories, you tend to get a lot of comments like "That Psycho Bitch," "Fag Cuck Shit," and so on. I suspect that with male dom stories there are a fair share of "That asshole creep" or "What a psycho jerk!" (Though I wouldn't know; I've never written any male-dom stories.)

Certain kinks, particularly any forced-bi scenarios and any kind of toilet/Golden Shower (or more extreme than that but you get the idea) play, are going to be a big turn-off for some people- and they will let you know that. I have generally put disclaimers in my stories if these type of scenes are included.

But with that said, I have seen some BDSM stories that do go too far for my own taste, to the point where it is no longer erotic: Scenes where the submissive is just locked into perpetual isolation, pain and torture and there is no longer any erotic pleasure. Or forced-bi scenarios where the sub is just consigned to permanantly work at a glory hole and loses everything in the process. Obviously, any kind of "snuff" falls into this category. Basically, where it crosses the line where you no longer see yourself in the sub's place and instead find yourself rooting for them to escape.
Well said. The chauvinistic comments on femdom stories are what I find the most laughable. But you gotta expect that with the state of young men these days, I guess. I totally understand that the content I choose to read and write is very niche and distasteful to many, that's why I try to be very accurate with the tags. I also agree with you that it's possible to go too far, but I lean more towards full artistic freedom. But I'm coming from the perspective of a former English major who has enjoyed a lot of transgressive lit, so maybe I'm just a little biased about it. It's probably a good idea to include a disclaimer like you said, maybe I'll start doing that on mine!

I have had similar experiences in the Loving Wives category. The most recent was the most perplexing: "I didn't even read it, and I gave it 1*." Most of these people, I suspect, are drawn to a particular category but feel guilt/shame over it. Instead of coming to terns with that paradox, they lash out at those who create the content with irrational and even hateful replies.

Then some people are just assholes.

Occasionally, you find constructive, helpful critique, and I always value that. Even if a series takes a turn I don't personally like, there's no reason in the world I can't leave encouragement and - in almost 100% of the cases - a thank you for sharing it.

I have had similar experiences in the Loving Wives category. The most recent was the most perplexing: "I didn't even read it, and I gave it 1*." Most of these people, I suspect, are drawn to a particular category but feel guilt/shame over it. Instead of coming to terns with that paradox, they lash out at those who create the content with irrational and even hateful replies.

Then some people are just assholes.

Occasionally, you find constructive, helpful critique, and I always value that. Even if a series takes a turn I don't personally like, there's no reason in the world I can't leave encouragement and - in almost 100% of the cases - a thank you for sharing it.
I think you're exactly right about the lashing out due to guilt/shame. Otherwise, why wouldn't they just stop reading? It's a classic "doth protest too much" situation. The pathology of someone like that is sort of fascinating to me. I, for one, will only be leaving comments on stuff I like!

I think you're exactly right about the lashing out due to guilt/shame. Otherwise, why wouldn't they just stop reading? It's a classic "doth protest too much" situation. The pathology of someone like that is sort of fascinating to me. I, for one, will only be leaving comments on stuff I like!
Exactly. Even if something isn't well-written, I'll try to be constructive, and "sandwich" any critique (you did this well, this needs work, but you also did that well) and be helpful, not hurtful. It just doesn't make sense to be a nasty human. I'm grateful people contribute stories, even if it's in genres that do not appeal to me. I know this is a radical concept, but if a genre doesn't appeal to me; now, I know this is kind of radical, but bear with me on this: I exercise my option NOT to read those stories. Weird, huh?
I know other authors who do what I do - provide a clear disclosure/warning that these are the elements the story contains - and yet the same people troll along, bashing the genre. You nailed it: Me thinks thou dost protest too much. (Even as you spank your monkey to it! LOL) I generally have learned to just ignore the bulk of the "Anonymous" comments unless they have some specifics, valid critique.

One thing that Literotica writers learn early on is, to be VERY careful what type of content you submit to "Loving Wives." The readers there tend to be very conservative in their sexual tastes. They have a strict traditional view of sex and male/female relationship dynamics, and so any sort of femdom, kink, or cuckold play where the hubby is willing and goes along with it, are a big no-no with that group of readers. I learned this the hard way myself a few years back.

If I don't like a subject matter of a story, why even comment on it? Especially if I don't like the genre the story is in. That's beyond stupid. Imagine reading a story in a Sci-fi Fantasy setting and complaining there is an alien in the story. (I tried using the most outlandish example, as well as one that wouldn't immediately offend someone lol)

Someone commented that the cruelty in my story was "over the top" and "no one should have to put up with that sort of degradation." Kind of hilarious thing to be mad about when you're reading a story in the BDSM category and the tags are literally degradation, humiliation, etc. Not to mention the story in question was pretty light stuff, IMO. Just read Twilight or something if you're that sensitive, bro.

Well said. The chauvinistic comments on femdom stories are what I find the most laughable. But you gotta expect that with the state of young men these days, I guess.

I’m a bit surprised at this take. I would assume comments like that are from men 45/50 and older, not “young men these days.”

Been finding a lot of great stories related to my kinks on this site for years. What I don't understand is when I get to the comments section and there's always some anonymous goon moralizing about how the story "went too far" or they don't like that someone is being dominated or treated badly because they themselves wouldn't enjoy said treatment. I've been in d/S relationships before, experienced and seen some crazy shit. I've never read anything on this site that I felt went too far. It's very funny to me that someone would spend time on a site like Literotica when they have such delicate sensibilities. Quite embarrassing and obviously coming from a place of ignorance. Also, these comments are always anonymous. These are the type of people who need to stick to reading whatever's for sale at the grocery story, if you ask me. But I'm just venting here! Everyone's entitled to their opinion...but that doesn't mean their opinions are worth anything.
Some people just aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

I’m a bit surprised at this take. I would assume comments like that are from men 45/50 and older, not “young men these days.”
Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I was thinking about younger incel type guys, but it's probably mostly older gents commenting on here

Back