help with rejection of story

To all who chimed in on this thread:

Thank you, all. Yes, this story and the multiple rejections so far have been a source of contention for me. A royal aggravation if the truth be known. For such a simple short story... a true experience, documented in the form of this story... it's proven the most difficult of all my submissions to be approved. I've since received yet another rejection for said story after I edited it to provide a "stunt double" or stand in for the child in the story both while breast feeding and the apparently taboo act of becoming aroused by that breast-feeding. I made notice of the substitution of a "teddy bear"... an 18 year old teddy bear at that... and resubmitted the story. It has yet again been rejected and the suggestion was made to substitute a breast pump instead. <shaking head sadly> I've not given up on this little story, yet... but it is becoming more trouble than it's really worth, to be honest. It just feels like I'm being told to change history so that it's morally and socially acceptable today. That just doesn't sit well with me. I'm sure that if, or rather WHEN (hopefully) this story is accepted, and any of you actually get to read it, you will understand how silly all this controversy has been. It really is a simple and benign story.

Again, thanks to all who have commented and or made suggestions for this story.

Frodov

I've since received yet another rejection for said story after I edited it to provide a "stunt double" or stand in for the child in the story both while breast feeding and the apparently taboo act of becoming aroused by that breast-feeding. I made notice of the substitution of a "teddy bear"... an 18 year old teddy bear at that... and resubmitted the story. It has yet again been rejected and the suggestion was made to substitute a breast pump instead. <shaking head sadly>
You're still sexualising the breast-feeding by invoking the child, or by your own admission, a "substitute child." You'll never get the story approved on this site until the sexual content makes no reference to the child whatsoever, none. The teddy bear substitute is still a child substitution, that's still invoking a child in the mind of a reader (that's the site's point of view).

The breast pump suggestion has been given you by the site editor in good faith, you should accept the idea and write using It. It's a way of sexualising the adult mother, but removes all references to the child.

This theme can be done on Literotica (I have a story here that does it, in a scene that is pretty much identical to yours), but the sexual elements must all be related to the adults, not the child.

From what you're describing, you're still trying to invoke the child into the room. If you stop doing that, and explicitly remove the child from the bed, the room, and ideally the house, your story has a chance. Do what I did, send the child away to be babysat by his granny, and let the adults get on with. But you have to get the child right out of it.

Back