Have Your Cake....and Eat It, Too

So. Hungry.

Another favorite sans chocolate...

pineapple-skillet-2-600x834.jpg

Oh I love this cake! I love cakes with fruit in general, just not a fruitcake, if that makes sense...

Don't forget a picture!

CW2, I had caramel cake today! Soooo good!

I'll try! :)

Oh I love this cake! I love cakes with fruit in general, just not a fruitcake, if that makes sense...

I'll try! :)

I actually do like fruitcake. My grandmother used to make it at Christmas, and if they are done right, they're sooooo good!

Well I decided on dinner. It isn't cake, but my second love. Ice cream. :D

I had Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream earlier. With extra blueberries and extra cream. Amazing how the cream froze when poured on the ice cream to make a frozen crust.

I'm not a fan of fruitcake. Never understood the stuff. :(

I had Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream earlier. With extra blueberries and extra cream. Amazing how the cream froze when poured on the ice cream to make a frozen crust.

I had vanilla ice cream with sprinkles!

We just had cake for my daughters birthday yesterday. It was soooo yummy. Cake should have its' own food group.

Have you had it homemade? That's the trick. I wish I had her recipe. The commercial stuff is always too dry.

Grandma poured it over each piece when she served it.

Grandma was drunk a lot, too, lol!

Yes. My grandmother used to make it. Still didn't like it.

Have you had it homemade? That's the trick. I wish I had her recipe. The commercial stuff is always too dry.

Grandma poured it over each piece when she served it.

Grandma was drunk a lot, too, lol!

mmmmm booze filled cake.

Two of my favorite things :D

We just had cake for my daughters birthday yesterday. It was soooo yummy. Cake should have its' own food group.

You mean it isn't??? :eek:

Yes. My grandmother used to make it. Still didn't like it.

I won't hold it against you....I'll make lemon cake for you instead.

And there's a good peanut butter and jelly cake that my boss made. Yum!

Lol! That's so cool! I wish I knew how to do stuff like that!

Can I lick the icing off you?

Lol! Yes, please! :kiss:

mmmmm booze filled cake.

Two of my favorite things :D

Booze...yay!

Cake...yay!

What's not to like??

I made a fruit cake a couple of years ago that I got out of a UK newspaper.. well online actually. It was called a Dundee cake. I do not like our type of fruitcake wiht the candied fruit at all. This one uses dried fruit... and it was delicious. Here is the recipe:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2009/nov/28/dan-lepard-live-dundee-cake-bakealong

That looks really good! Any idea how to convert those measurements?

I have a great carrot cake recipe with dates in it....and I'll share my pumpkin sheet cake too. It's easy and yummy.

That looks really good! Any idea how to convert those measurements?

I have a great carrot cake recipe with dates in it....and I'll share my pumpkin sheet cake too. It's easy and yummy.
Yes.. you can google and get the measurements..I did that when I first thought about making it... but honestly, I just bought a kitchen scale for about $25 and used it. It shows metric so was easy peasy.. and since baking is really an exact science, the scale does come in handy.

Yes.. you can google and get the measurements..I did that when I first thought about making it... but honestly, I just bought a kitchen scale for about $25 and used it. It shows metric so was easy peasy.. and since baking is really an exact science, the scale does come in handy.

Sounds easy enough. I think I even have one around somewhere.

I'm a good baker but not such a great cook. I need that exact recipe...I'm no good at improvisation or guesswork. :)

Fresh Batch! More variety, too...

IMG_9598.JPG
3667559267_df32fed617_n.jpg
8046321312_aae17d6aee_n.jpg
4305575970_117b7c1d6f_m.jpg
6881692772_260b39570d_n.jpg

Okay then, I'm spent... on cupcakes, for now...;)

Back